PVE HPallys Crit vs. Mastery

90 Human Paladin
Looking for some insight from you wonderful hpallys on what's best.

What do you prefer, crit or mastery? Is one better than the other for specific fights?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery, by leaps and bounds. It's a top heal or close to it on every fight, reason enough for me not to even look at other stats for now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/30/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Glorÿ
Mastery, by leaps and bounds. It's a top heal or close to it on every fight, reason enough for me not to even look at other stats for now.

Agreed.

Crit and Haste are basically fighting over the leftover scraps of itemization that aren't attributed to Mastery and Spirit, so for the moment it doesn't matter which you prefer as long as you're reforging into Mastery/Spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery for sure over crit. I'd take haste over crit and definitely spirit or mastery before crit too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Crit is too much rng
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery. Then more mastery. Usually does ~20-25% of my healing, with very low average overheal.
Edited by Corvala on 1/31/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery, Mastery, Mastery. Haste isn't bad for a few breakpoints on certain talents, but won't have near the impact. Same as crit. And with Holy Shock offering additional crit chance on it's own, Crit just winds up being near the bottom. :( Sure, big shiny numbers are always fun...

But never as smug-inducing as keeping everyone alive. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Consensus! I like.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/30/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Glorÿ

I'm like 25-30%+ Illuminated Healing on all fights. The next two are ~20% (usually HR, HS, & EF) and spreads out from there.

My mana consumption definitely feels "smoother" (less spikey) as well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Looking for some insight from you wonderful hpallys on what's best.

What do you prefer, crit or mastery? Is one better than the other for specific fights?

Mastery is pretty tested and has held up. Tsulong is the one fight in the tier where mastery will certainly fall behind both haste and crit from a min/max standpoint.

Personally, I think everybody has just accepted that mastery is king, because, well, it likely is king. Unfortunately, this has lead (or maybe just contributed) to a pretty stale state of Hpally theorycrafting. It just doesn't feel like there's much, if anything, to "discover" from a very deep analysis of the other stats.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Int~Spirit>Mastery>Haste>>Crit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]