Do devs read class forums? ele suggestions

I never get responses to my very reasonable twitter questions so I'll post my thoughts here I guess. I'll also keep it short and sweet, I could write pages of in depth analysis of the spec if people would actually read it.

Creds: Tournament player, r1, glad as ele in worst seasons ect. w/e

PTR changes look nice, I was content with the ele changes while other casters were receiving nerfs but most of them have been reverted. I'll hold off any survivability suggestions till after real testing on live with sham rage, I don't think there will be too much of a problem though.

My largest concern with elemental is the our very weak control. Our CC, stun and interrupt are all inferior to the other casters, this can be a huge problem in arena because you are very reliant on your team to set up the kills for you.

2 simple and reasonable changes:

Reduce the cooldown for Wind Shear by 2 seconds (elemental/enhance)

Reduce the charge time of Capacitor totem by 1 second (2 seconds with glyph 4 without)

Those small changes can go a long way.
Edited by Novooz on 1/30/2013 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
@ Title - Not at all sadly. They consider the class forums too biased for much if any solid discussion to come out of it.

PTR, Role (DDF/Healing,) or the Arena/BG forums seem to be the ones they stick to the most at the moment.

01/30/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Novooz
My largest concern with elemental is the our very weak control. Our CC, stun and interrupt are all inferior to the other casters, this can be a huge problem in arena because you are very reliant on your team to set up the kills for you.

I was commenting on feeling this to our RBG leader on Monday. I hadn't really given it much thought because (to me) it's overshadowed by the lack of innate defenses (though that may have more than a little bit to do with my personal positioning which I still need to work on,) but I think you're right. If anything, I'm glad you think that SR's a bigger help than I've been giving it credit for.
Edited by Gistwiki on 1/30/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
i would love for our spec to have more mobility without having to pick up ghost wolf glyph and why do they give us a spell haste nerf with unleashed lightning that makes no sense to me at all.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/05/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Vooltage
i would love for our spec to have more mobility without having to pick up ghost wolf glyph and why do they give us a spell haste nerf with unleashed lightning that makes no sense to me at all.

there is never ever a reason to take that glyph, and rarely (mostly random bgs) do you even cast lightning bolt.

OT: I would really love for wind shear to have a reduced cooldown, and give capacitor some health like mana/healing tide. I really don't want more aoe cc having any kinds of more uptime.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I never get responses to my very reasonable twitter questions so I'll post my thoughts here I guess. I'll also keep it short and sweet, I could write pages of in depth analysis of the spec if people would actually read it.

Creds: Tournament player, r1, glad as ele in worst seasons ect. w/e

PTR changes look nice, I was content with the ele changes while other casters were receiving nerfs but most of them have been reverted. I'll hold off any survivability suggestions till after real testing on live with sham rage, I don't think there will be too much of a problem though.

2 simple and reasonable changes:

Reduce the cooldown for Wind Shear by 2 seconds (elemental/enhance)

Reduce the charge time of Capacitor totem by 1 second (2 seconds with glyph 4 without)

Those small changes can go a long way.

And why does our stun need a charge time at all? (Anything over a second) By the time it goes off it ends up being useless. It don't look like other classes have to wait.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/07/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Momoka
It don't look like other classes have to wait.

Remorseless Winter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/07/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Gistwiki
It don't look like other classes have to wait.

Remorseless Winter.

I'll give you that RW is less reliable than Capacitor stun. Capacitor really does have it's issues as well though. I agree though Novooz it's our lack on control that really hurts ele. Every caster other than ele has a spammable CC and a damage prevention move(not just a damage reduction). Also the wind shear and capacitor changes would be great and would in no way cause ele it be unbalanced. Our survival imo is a good place right now with sham rage/ natures guardian. I have been using it on the PTR and sham rage works great especially with the glyph. Can pretty much negate every other shatter and for when our roots/TS is on CD sham rage helps mitigate the dmg we take when trained.

Also if you are trying to bring ele pvp concerns to the lights of the devs i would say the best place would be the arena forums or the damage dealing forums they never go off of shaman forums. I think you could get a good thread going on the arena forums.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Agreed, i also wish earthbind has a shorter cd. Mabey 20 sec instead of 30.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/07/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Xxheadhunter
I'll give you that RW is less reliable than Capacitor stun.

Whether or not you take it is comp dependent anyways. GFG can be hilariously strong depending upon the setting.

I think I agreed with the rest of your post already though :<
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/07/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Gistwiki

Whether or not you take it is comp dependent anyways. GFG can be hilariously strong depending upon the setting.

I think I agreed with the rest of your post already though :<

Ya I should of read your post first lol. You said basically the same things I did :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/07/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Gistwiki
Remorseless Winter.

02/07/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Xxheadhunter

at least RW has an instant effect. AoE 20% slow is better than 5(3 glyphed) seconds of nothing.

also easier to counter cap totem than RW. RW, requires a dispel or freedom mechanic. Cap totem just requires 5 damage.

not everyone can freedom or dispel, everyone can deal 5 damage.

both are unreliable..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/08/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink
at least RW has an instant effect. AoE 20% slow is better than 5(3 glyphed) seconds of nothing.

Well I mean it IS a level 90 talent. They should try to give it SOMETHING over a baseline ability right? >.>

02/08/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink
also easier to counter cap totem than RW. RW, requires a dispel or freedom mechanic.

Or a knockback, or a life/deathgrip. Or a root.

Agreed that both are rather unreliable. If you looked at the post I was responding to, the poster was making the assertion that no other class/spec had to wait for a charge up time for their stun which is obviously untrue as is proven by RW.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Gistwiki
If you looked at the post I was responding to, the poster was making the assertion that no other class/spec had to wait for a charge up time for their stun which is obviously untrue as is proven by RW.

sounded more like it was replying to the statement that both have to wait for an effect to occur.
which isnt true, RW at least has its aoe slow instantly. my baddd
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]