Possible Hand of Sacrifice buff for Ret

90 Blood Elf Paladin
- We agree that Retribution does not offer enough benefits to an Arena or Battleground team beyond just taking a Holy paladin. We are going to try a change where Hand of Sacrifice also dispels all harmful magic effects on the target for Ret only.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=68#1345

Keep in mind, things aren't final, but this is a really cool change (and subsequently makes Clemency that much more amazing).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Cool stuffs I suppose.

Although further locking in talents as the only choice for a Tier isn't so great.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/30/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ooooooooooooooooohhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooooooood
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/30/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Hangakufever

They deep froze her... and then they're going to deep freeze me!

/cast Hand of Sacrifice
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cool stuffs I suppose.

Although further locking in talents as the only choice for a Tier isn't so great.

PvP change, doesn't affect you.

Also they need to take a look at the damage from HoS breaking fears. Doesn't seem to work too often anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cool stuffs I suppose.

Also they need to take a look at the damage from HoS breaking fears. Doesn't seem to work too often anymore.

The dmg threshold for fear breaks seems to be really high in mop. So that is a problem with fears in general not hos.

I really hope this change goes thru. It would give us a great tool vs locs, for example- or magic dmg in general. Would be nice to not have a big part of our utility gone just b/c the other team has no melee.

This is going to make clemency even better! It is already mandatory in pvp so this changes little to nothing in that department
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/30/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Nytró

Since I play a Paladin yes it does, even if I don't PVP often, so I'll comment if I like thanks. And what I said was true.

Also the intention of this buff was to do something to differentiate Retribution from Holy in a PVP setting and this doesn't. It just gives Ret a Magical Cleanse basically which Holy already brings.

Locking people into one talent choice and one talent choice only also goes against their stated intent for this new Talent System to begin with.

I'm happy that they're at least looking at Ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSjMt5Cncg
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret will still bring nothing that a holy can't bring to the table with that change. Why wouldn't put the buff on hand of salvation instead of sac? They should tack denounce onto templar's verdict
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a nice sounding buff but problem is, in rated play it seems to be 'train the ret' anyway..
After all, outside of bubble (which is dispellable), we don't have much survivability tho any buffs a good buff!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If they were to give us a defensive dispel attached to our Hand spells, yes, Salv is a much better candidate. Sac is already useful in PVP and Clemency doesn't need to be stronger than it already is.

What I find interesting about this possible buff is Sac is currently only useful when not the target, either as a way to avoid CC or as a Pain Suppression. Now when Ret is the target, we can use Sac to break our partners out of CC and help keep us alive.

This idea is out of the blue, but I think it has more potential than paladins are giving it credit. How about RBG's, in CTF? Send the Ret with the offense to return the flag, perhaps with a Shadow Priest, and leave all the healers on defense. Ret would be able to provide off-healing and dispels.

Just a couple things to think about. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Cool stuffs I suppose.

I try every time, but have never had it break fear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm correct me if I'm wrong.. But hpallys cleanse also removes a magic effect so all bliz is really doing is giving us what a hpally can already do but tying it to a different ability..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]