Why are the wintraders getting to keep gear?

I'm glad you finally decided to crack down on win traders but why in the world are you letting them keep their T2 gear they cheated to obtain? If I'm a wintrader (and I'm not, but if I was), I would gladly take a 72 hour ban in exchange for full elite gear and a T2 weapon...

You're basically saying, "we know you cheated, but we're going to let you keep what you cheated to obtain..."
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Revenue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/30/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Wyler
Revenue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
So basically we can all Win trade get our elite gear and take a 3 day ban?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/30/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Paníc

looks like it :(

Who knows, maybe they will do something else as well once they do more investigating. I hope.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/30/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Zeroizer

Who knows, maybe they will do something else as well once they do more investigating. I hope.

I think they will be pushing some perm bans after that three days.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
3 Days break, reset RBG rating and you get to keep your GEAR ... hey no wonder pvp is so screwed !
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Monk
01/30/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Skul

I think they will be pushing some perm bans after that three days.

That's awesome. Get T2 for the rest of the season and then play GW2 or something else for a couple day break then get to stomp rest of season in T2 gear. Not bad at all tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So, after looking at the ladder, I see a lot still with gear and their ratings intact.....so if the ban wave has ended, HIRE Blizz cause you didn't get the ban wave right.
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
damn my 3.3k is gone
good thing everything my 3.3k got me still exists!

damnit blizzard
no more half measures
Edited by Pozymao on 1/30/2013 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
Dear Blizzard:

Please send me a complete set of the top-end PvP gear, and I promise to not log on for a WHOLE WEEK.

Affectionately yours,

Mistwidget

P.S. Would it be too much to have you enchant and gem it for me too? Please? I'll stay off for an EXTRA week.

EDIT: sorry, could not resist, even though I don't have a dog in this fight lol :P
Edited by Mistwidget on 1/30/2013 12:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's Day 1. Let's see what happens in a week or two.

Also, revenue is just silly. Stahp. "Why don't they stop botters?" - Revenue! "Why don't they take gear away?" - Revenue! "Why are healing priest bad?" - Revenue! "Who likes cheese?" - Revenue!

While I agree that they should lose their gear, ranks, etc., who knows what is still in the works? I don't. Do you?

Finally, the gear will be obsolete soon enough anyways. I won't lose any sleep over them keeping the gear as long as they don't keep the mounts/titles/achieves.
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
It's Day 1. Let's see what happens in a week or two.

Also, revenue is just silly. Stahp. "Why don't they stop botters?" - Revenue! "Why don't they take gear away?" - Revenue! "Why are healing priest bad?" - Revenue! "Who likes cheese?" - Revenue!

While I agree that they should lose their gear, ranks, etc., who knows what is still in the works? I don't. Do you?

Finally, the gear will be obsolete soon enough anyways. I won't lose any sleep over them keeping the gear as long as they don't keep the mounts/titles/achieves.

Wisdom.

We don't know what is going to happen. There's a lot of people saying they were banned by mistake, or unfairly. Perhaps this is the first of a multi-step solution.
Edited by Agnus on 1/30/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
01/30/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Eisenhorne
Finally, the gear will be obsolete soon enough anyways

REVENUE!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
A lot of people at 2400+ got banned. Teams who play legit at 2400 had 80% of their players banned because they faced some wintraders throughout the season.

This is the biggest joke ever. We play 5-10hours everyday in rbgs and quee into other 2300+ teams on my main acocunt and destroy them. Most of us are gladiators or multi-gladiators and a lot of our games are streamed with multi 1000's of viewers - yet we all get banned.

Heck, just the day before we got banned we played 6 hours and went 17-2 v all 2300+ teams.

Where is the logic in that!?
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
01/30/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Dórá
Where is the logic in that!?

If a large enough proportion of ratings are invalid (due to win trading or whatever), and if ratings are used to measure skill or achievement, those who played to their high rating through honest means will have been matched up with players that they shouldn't have.

So if 1 of every 5 teams you play and beat have an artificially high rating, your own rating is too high by about 20%.

I don't know if there is a way to fix things while being fair to everybody.

You shouldn't be mad at Blizzard, you should be mad at the people who jacked up the rating system so badly.

(edit: That's as complicated as I'm willing to make math on the forums. Please don't take it as a well-researched example, I just pulled numbers out of the air.)
Edited by Agnus on 1/30/2013 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Finally, the gear will be obsolete soon enough anyways

REVENUE!

SCREEN SHOTS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!

I will SO drop a train on your house. >.>
Edited by Eisenhorne on 1/30/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
The whole purpose for win trading WAS the gear. Now that they have it, stripping them of "rating" isn't going to do jack.

:(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I plan on wintrading next season, to bust out a huge rating in the first week or two and then get mad conquest every week.

Blizzard has proven there's no punishment for me to fear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Vox
01/30/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Chammie
3 Days break, reset RBG rating and you get to keep your GEAR ... hey no wonder pvp is so screwed !

I doubt it's over. We could very well see the gear removed and some perm bans given out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]