What kind of taste does the spriest community have in thier mouth after seeing those latest spriest nerfs?
Here are the links to the original threads.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592240989?page=1 (Deleted by Blizzard)
I have done my best to provide this thread with all of the relevant material from the original threads. I have also placed the relevant material into a logical "train of thought" that is easy to follow, This took many hours of in depth analysis and I am sorry if I missed something.
Provided below is the single most viable implementation of the shadow orb generation out of combat idea.
Hymn of Ill Omen : Consume nearby shadows, gaining one shadow orb every ? sec for ? sec. Can only be used outside of combat.
It has been confirmed that affliction warlocks have a soul shard generation out of combat implementation
Soul Harvest: You and your demon absorb nearby wandering souls, regenerating 2% health every second while out of combat. This effect is disabled in arenas
There was a breakthrough on developing a formula for passive shadow orb generation out of combat.
Alright, so I did an experiment using your example as a model. Thank you Pocketheal.
1. I took off all my gear.
2. I decided to use a 1/3 ratio because we have 3 orbs and our mana is capped at 300k
3. I exhausted my mana as low as I possibly could. (couldn't get all of it)
4. I used the stopwatch Blizzard had built into the interface to record time.
5. I timed how long it took for the system to regenerate 100k mana on its own.
6. I added a second to the overall time to make up for the mana I couldn't exhaust.
7. I added a second to the overall time to make up for any human error present managing the clock.
The result of the experiment was 1:18 roughly. Its not as bad as I had thought it would be.
So if passive shadow orb generation out of combat was implemented under this model, it would take near one minute and 20 seconds to generate one orb and near four minutes to generate maximum orbs outside of combat. Please try to dupicate this experiment on your own time. You will find the numbers to be accurate.