WoW movie

100 Undead Warlock
~now has a director
~locks get green fire
~updated demon models already added

It is almost as if my classic wishlist has been answered.
Reply Quote
Just got on here to post this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warcraft-movie-lands-source-code-416956
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
No matter how good the Wow movie is, peoples expectations will be too high. Then threads in this forum will go...

- too much horde
- too much alliance
- not enough this guy
- to much of that guy
- not enough action
- "not enough WARcraft"
- blah blah blah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Blizz is smart and I'm sure the movie will be closely aligned with the expansion of that time.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
-unrealistic display of rogues, they only stun-locked the main protagonist for 38s straight before he died

Kay, I agree with you a lot. This project should have been finished and on the market by the time wraith hit the shelves. Maybe we will have;

-unrealistic death wing fight, he did not have that many leg tentacles when I did that raid
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/31/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Kaylienne
No matter how good the Wow movie is, peoples expectations will be too high.

Funny, in my case the expectations are extremely, massively low.

I tend to like intellectual movies, stuff that makes you think, films that evoke a lot of emotion or have stories/endings that are left up to your own interpretation.

Being a fan of those sorts of movies, and basically bored with CG summer crowd-pleasers.... I'm not too anxious.

There's a slim chance it might be some sort of sleeper hit or have some underlying qualities that make it noteworthy. But, remember here, just as they do with the game itself, they are going to sit down at a table and discuss how to please the largest fan base with this film. And generally, when you pander to the lowest common denominator, the outcome can't be good.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
01/31/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Breakbeat
have stories/endings that are left up to your own interpretation.

I hate these with a burning passion. Mainly, because I want things to be resolved and THAT does not help my personnal OCD.

I do like the "Make's ya think" movie part, though!

Anyways: I hope this means they'll actually do something with the movie. How long has this been in the works?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Every cinema movie based on a video or role playing game has sucked. No exceptions. This movie will too. Sure bet, sadly.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Hunter
01/31/2013 11:12 PMPosted by Tezca
Every cinema movie based on a video or role playing game has sucked. No exceptions. This movie will too. Sure bet, sadly.

Oh come on street fighter was gre....lol i couldn't even type the rest.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue

yah sure *cough* Tomb Raider *cough* and the only good thing about Alone in the Dark was the sound track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcyTR5mEC_E it was the best Soundtrack out there
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
No matter how good the Wow movie is, peoples expectations will be too high. Then threads in this forum will go...

- too much horde
- too much alliance
- not enough this guy
- to much of that guy
- not enough action
- "not enough WARcraft"
- blah blah blah

UHH it has to be based on the First Warcraft game (not the x-pacs, not the Third Warcraft game) and in the Third Arthas (Undead) has to be played by Dani Filth
Reply Quote
66 Pandaren Hunter
would make sense if it was based of the first game. and if there's a sequel, And so on and so on. Only way for it to make sense
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i remember back in 2007 when they mentioned a 2009 release at blizzcon, chris metzen said that the time frame for the movie was going to be in between warcraft III and world of warcraft (vanilla)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

- too much horde
- too much alliance
- not enough this guy
- to much of that guy
- not enough action
- "not enough WARcraft"
- blah blah blah

My big complaint will most likely be: MOAR TAUREN!!! Seriously, I hope the Tauren are featured substantially in the movie.

I thought the Doom movie was actually pretty good.
Edited by Cowbacca on 2/2/2013 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight

Doom had the Rock man, what more do you need? Also, Hitman, always a good watch. Resident Evil, I mean come on, still pumpin out movies like a boss, though I've only really liked the first three. Max Payne was pretty decent. Prince of Persia did pretty well for itself. Silent hill, etc, etc, point being there be plenty of decent game-movies out there so that's not quite a valid point.

Though I do worry about it, it's just never struck me as a very cinematic game if you get what I mean, but if they do it right it should turn out fairly well. *crosses fingers*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I hope its as good as the Dungeons and Dragons movie. :)
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Dani Filth is needed for the Warcraft film he would litterally rule it over any of the cast
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]