my turn to QQ

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Seeing as how a large majority of the wow players(mainly rogues) are QQing about warriors(although I have more issues with hunter and not warriors) I figured it was my turn to try this out.

Ok, can we get rid of execute? I'm dieing more to execute then I do with a warrior popping all CDs and hitting me with Heroic strike. It's really quite annoying to live through a shockwave+burst only to die from execute.

Ok, now that I've said that I feel better now. :)

Also the revert to 2nd wind is freaking awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Get rid of a class defining skill that has been around since vanilla and is 30% of our dps.

k.

PS: The point of the skill is to kill you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Alot of balancing would have to be done, seeing as how a big fraction of damage does come from Execute, especially in PvE (Elegon final phase with beserker stace, <3)

and also

Yes, yes it is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Bleh, I don't want to break a PvE skill for PvP. That's just not fair in my opinion(omg a rogue that doesn't want to break the warrior class).

It's just annoying for me to actually survive a warrior's burst only to die with an execute.

Does it always crit or does it just have a high chance to crit?

(in case some have trouble with this post I'm not really serious about this QQ, just thought I'd give QQing a shot :P )
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
execute doesn't always crit. It just hits hard. 95% of the time I hit execute I kill them.

it's absolutely a scary skill to deal with as i've been executed by fellow warriors a fair amount. The high pitch sound and 'uuughhhrurrrrhg' is a pretty common occurrence.

a friend pointed out to me that executes tends to overkill by a fair margin, especially with a crit and it would be better for us to have that damage offloaded elsewhere and nerf execute. Nah! It's too much fun!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Yes, yes it is.

Funny because it wasn't reverted
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
They reverted it, so now it will activate while stunned.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Yes, yes it is.

Funny because it wasn't reverted

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_January_25-1_30_2013

See if you can find the "Second Wind will not work while stun" nerf
and

01/30/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
- Second Wind - we are reverting the nerf to the heal not working while stunned. We think we have nerfed Arms enough for PvP reasons in 5.2.

-Source
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/250525-ptr-class-and-set-bonus-issues/
Post #1345 (Near the bottom of the page)
Edited by Liamaru on 1/31/2013 1:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Second Wind now generates 15 rage (was 20) over 10-seconds and the health regeneration effect will pause while the Warrior is stunned.

A little further up the page ^

Conflicting information is conflicting. Is it working while stunned or not?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Second Wind now generates 15 rage (was 20) over 10-seconds and the health regeneration effect will pause while the Warrior is stunned.

A little further up the page ^

Conflicting information is conflicting. Is it working while stunned or not?

Yes, Second Wind should be working in a stun again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bleh, I don't want to break a PvE skill for PvP. That's just not fair in my opinion(omg a rogue that doesn't want to break the warrior class).

It's just annoying for me to actually survive a warrior's burst only to die with an execute.

Does it always crit or does it just have a high chance to crit?

(in case some have trouble with this post I'm not really serious about this QQ, just thought I'd give QQing a shot :P )

Execute doesn't have any crit modifier. You're just having bad luck maybe?

Anyways, I don't find our execute that scary. It normally crit around 60k (Csmash up) on geared players... All cds staked around 100k+.

Geared destro locks crit me for 195k whit their execute. That's some scary !@#$, even whit def CDs up it's really hard to survive it.
Edited by Drevi on 1/31/2013 2:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I just wish Rogues had an Execute seems everyone has one but us make it cost 75 - 80 energy if necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/31/2013 02:03 AMPosted by Drevi
Geared destro locks crit me for 195k whit their execute

This is more of a problem ranged execute on an already powerful class! Shadow Burn usually hits me for 200-250k
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/31/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Paníc
I just wish Rogues had an Execute seems everyone has one but us make it cost 75 - 80 energy if necessary.
"rogues" do have an execute type ability its called dispatch ......only a respec away! =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I remember the Vanilla/TBC days of Execute:

Target was in execute range? It didn't matter what you tried to do to survive, you were instantly dead.

Golden Warrior Days.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
01/31/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Kishipsho
Ok, can we get rid of execute

Does this include every classes "Execute" phase/ability? or are you just angry with us?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/31/2013 06:41 AMPosted by Trickdirtyx
"rogues" do have an execute type ability its called dispatch ......only a respec away! =)

No it supposedly acts like it but it does no damage. No where near the likes of Kill SHot, Execute, Shadow Burn etc.

Plus I hate Assassin it feels so mechanical
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Paníc

Ill give you my execute if you give me your stealth and vanish.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Execute has been nerfed to hell and back. Can't believe people still complain about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Execute in PvP isn't that bad, as has been stated a little higher up, on geared players it isn't the monster it is in PvE.

In PvP, when not running in my tank spec, and going arms, if I maybe have a trinkette proc'd and use my execute, I'll see it hit for around 50-65K with CS up.

While it is intended to finish our target off, when it becomes active at 20%, with todays health pools is around 70-85K on targets with buffs and the such, I can rarely finish my target off with a single execute, occasionally lucking out with a 100K one.

It's more of the idea really, that if you're healer let you get that low to where we can use our Execute, then you're probably dead anyway unless you have a trick up your sleeve.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]