Guild looking for a new home

90 Draenei Paladin
My guildees and I are looking for a new server to call our home and Shandris caught our eye. If anyone can give us some info on the economy, how many unguilded players there are, how well do the pugs do, and if you would recommend starting our guild on this server.
Thank you for any input that you have.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Bump and thanks for your time!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shandris is a medium population, slightly below average progression pve realm. The economy is not booming but prices are average and there are more than enough items around that you shouldn't have trouble finding mats and the like.

We do have quite a few guilds on the server for the population so it will take time and effort to build a strong player base here but it can be done with the right attitude. Being a medium population server though I am sure you would have better luck finding new players on many other servers not to mention that most players that you would recruit here would require some grooming in order to build them up as players suitable for decent raiding progression.

There is not a large amount of puging going on in this server right now and results vary substantially depending on the leaders and members of the pugs.

As for someone starting a guild on this server well it depends on what you are looking to get out of the game. Most people play on this server because they like the community and enjoy the friendship of other players and "small town" feel of the server. Very few here play for hardcore anything so if you are going to be looking for speed progression or to build a guild up to 250+ quality players quickly then this is more than likely not the server you are looking for.

Ultimately this is a good server for many of us but is not what many people are looking for.

Best of luck
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
We aren't really starting from scratch but we did lose about half of our raid due to real life issues and we are having trouble finding even mediocre players on the realm we are on now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
yea we'd start here with a good base of 5-6 players and just looking to fill some dps roles really or possibly a tank with some dependable players. We're just tired of losing people and having to rebuild. We have been together for like 6 years and raid more for the fun of raiding together than being a competitor for top on the server. A number of us have been that in many other guilds but it was never like the fun we had as a group and are looking to get back to that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
My guild is starting a 25 man team. We are looking for a few more players to fill in spots. How many would be moving over if you all did? I'd like to chat with you if possible.
Edited by Vashon on 1/31/2013 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Like Sub said I dont know how easy it would be to start from a small group but I am sure if you were willing to join or "merge" there would be opportunity on this server if it was what you were looking for. There might even be some good guilds willing to let you stay in your own guild and just form some sort of half and half raid team.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
I'd say it's easier here than my current Horde server or were I was previously on Al(Burning Legion..seems like that place got hit hard with MoP).

Shandris is a tight-knit server as has been stated with a pretty good economy. After my dealings in my two Horde servers I'll take Shandris Alliance's economy any time! The main issue on Shandris is getting people to leave smaller guilds to work toward progression. And you cannot force that.

Good luck where ever you end up! Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
<Enjoy The Abuse> of Shandris Founded back in 2009. We are a Semi-Hardcore Raiding looking to push 25 mans. Currently ranked 350 in the US for 25 mans. The core of the guild has been together for 5+ years. We are currently running these Raid Times & Days Wednesday, Sunday & Monday . 9pm-12am. Join the only 25 man group on the realm downing bosses @ www.Etaraiding.com.

In game contacts :

Guild Master : Sayosen Hakoonn
Officers : Ceindra, Deathchop, Dominaa, Drunfire, Exodeus, Habownero, Zathras, Zennocide

Raid Times & Days
Wednesday, Sunday & Monday . 9pm-12am for 25s

Recruitment need for 25's

Balance Druid"s
Fury Warrior's
Mage's
Monk Healer's & DPS
Rogue's
Resto Shaman's

Recruitment need for 10's
Talk to a Officer in Game

MoP Progression
Heart Of Fear 10. 6/6
Heart Of Fear 25. 6/6
Mogu'shan Vaults 10. 6/6 Heroic 4/6
Mogu'shan Vaults 25. 6/6 Heroic 3/6
Terrace of Endless Spring 10. 4/4
Terrace of Endless Spring 25 - 4/4 (Protectors Elite)
World Boss 2/2
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There does not seem to be any horde representation in this thread yet so I'm just here to say hi.

"Hi"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Well my experience on this server has been pretty good. A friend and I transferred here about 7 months ago from a dying PvP server, where our old guild had fallen completely apart, due to most of them no longer playing. We initially joined a big guild and enjoyed our time there. We were contacted by some old friends looking to hook back up and try to get our own thing going about 2 months ago. We are now a lvl 25 guild with 86 toons(probably 15-20 active members) and looking to get some raiding started, though nothing serious progression-wise, just looking to have some fun. the economy is not robust but definitely solid, and it seems most people are rather friendly here(although there are some d-bags around, nothing untolerable though). Haven't done much pugging, although my experiences with the world bosses have gone well, with groups not taking too long to form.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Good Evening, I agree Krank.. Horde side involvement is definitely lacking in this thread.

As stated above countless times, Shandris has that small town feel to it, the players are generally friendly and helpful.
Horde side has many great guilds, or a good place to start a new one.
HDMW, Epitome and Unexpected Guests being the top 3 progression guilds on the server for 10 man.. I don't think we have any 25 mans running atm (Correct me if I'm wrong) I know we have some guilds looking to build them however.

Other than that... if you do pick Shandris as your home I encourage you to look into our Shandris Facebook page which is quite active.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/09/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Terryraynor
HDMW, Epitome and Unexpected Guests being the top 3 progression guilds on the server for 10 man.. I don't think we have any 25 mans running atm (Correct me if I'm wrong) I know we have some guilds looking to build them however.

If you're speaking about Horde side, that is indeed correct. According to wowprogress.com, there are only 3 guilds on the server who have downed a boss on 25 man and they are all on Alliance. Enjoy The Abuse is 16/16 reg and 4/16 HM on 25 man, Chapter XIIV has killed 4/16 regular, and Dressed For Success has killed 2/16 on regular. But that's literally it.

It's unfortunate, because I think that progression 25 mans are good for a server, and the lack of any option outside of 10 man is a large deterant for people looking to transfer here. But, that's just the state of WoW at the moment, sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
25 man progression is great for a server. However, we all know how hard it is to get 25 people. So to have 3 Alliance ones is quite good considering we aren't high pop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]