<Get Over It> Rant/Need Raiders Apply

90 Goblin Shaman
Like it or not... care or not... Get Over It finished Heroic Dragon Soul from start to finish before MoP dropped... nerf or not. We will do the same with this tier and the next! Leaving no difficulty unturned. We came out of the woodwork and have been in existence for 1 year now. The only thing that is holding us back from staying fully competitive with progression on the server is attendance. We need raiders that show up when they say they will. We need competitive raiders!!!!!! Raiders that our willing to push 2-3 raid nights a week to get those gleaming pieces of gear that they desire so much.

I'm not going to force you to fill out lengthy redundant raid applications. Have any of these guilds ever even filled one out themselves? Do y'all know how boring that is? How tedious it is? How ridiculous it is when you ask for everything to be written in a very specific color code? The most rich line is one I read this morning in the thread <<<<(Filling out the app shows that you are serious and committed to being a part of the guild.) <<< lol I'm glad I know now how to let my guild know I'm serious about them. lol I must run and fill out a raid application for my own guild! That's it! Then they will love me and let me raid! yay... NO

NO applications required. :D

Featherheart... our superbly awesome raid lead... is polite and just wonderful at heart and always apt to finding a new approach and thinking outside the box to always fix insurmountable problems.

I want to raid. I don't want to log on everyday just doing dailies! /vomit So give us a shout.

Group 1 Tue Thur 630-1000
Group 2 Sun Mon 7-1030
Group 3 Theoretical... Would love to begin a Fri/Sat run as well if a full roster can be developed.

Contact: Featherheart or Gotoverit in game or with in game mail for your inquiries. Or reply to thread and we'll contact you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
<<<<(Filling out the app shows that you are serious and committed to being a part of the guild.) <<< lol I'm glad I know now how to let my guild know I'm serious about them. lol I must run and fill out a raid application for my own guild! That's it! Then they will love me and let me raid! yay... NO

It depends on where your priorities are. If you want to raid in a competitive, end-game raiding guild then 95% of those will come with a required application. It's process serves the same purpose a real life application does: it answers the basic questions and gets them out of the way. The interview (if you get that far) is for more of a character and personality assessment.

Just as IRL you're not going to walk into a job and say "Alright. I want to work here. Don't worry; I'm serious. Where do I start?" -- They'll tell you to fill out the application. If you want a paycheck, you'll do it. If not then someone else will. The same philosophy applies to hardcore raiding -- someone who wants that spot and wants to raid will fill out the app. Those who aren't so.... committed.... won't.

You can run a successful competitive raid team on 2 - 3 nights. Some of the worlds top 10M teams do just that. Good luck in your recruitment and efforts in the remaining of this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

It depends on where your priorities are. If you want to raid in a competitive, end-game raiding guild then 95% of those will come with a required application. It's process serves the same purpose a real life application does: it answers the basic questions and gets them out of the way. The interview (if you get that far) is for more of a character and personality assessment.

Just as IRL you're not going to walk into a job and say "Alright. I want to work here. Don't worry; I'm serious. Where do I start?" -- They'll tell you to fill out the application. If you want a paycheck, you'll do it. If not then someone else will. The same philosophy applies to hardcore raiding -- someone who wants that spot and wants to raid will fill out the app. Those who aren't so.... committed.... won't.

You can run a successful competitive raid team on 2 - 3 nights. Some of the worlds top 10M teams do just that. Good luck in your recruitment and efforts in the remaining of this expansion.

They make you fill out these apps on threads... on their sites where everyone reads and scrutinizes these applications that I have read myself and they sound legit. They antagonize the applicant and point things out to bring the person down. Make them seem like they are a baddie even though they could probably be their best asset but they would never know because they didn't try them out because they haven't played wow since vanilla. : / I'm not for that and won't make someone do that but will politely replace them if difficulties arose. Everyone deserves a chance. Without being judged first on paper. I prefer a verbal agreement via vent.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/01/2013 06:20 AMPosted by Gotoverit
They make you fill out these apps on threads... on their sites where everyone reads and scrutinizes these applications that I have read myself and they sound legit. They antagonize the applicant and point things out to bring the person down. Make them seem like they are a baddie even though they could probably be their best asset but they would never know because they didn't try them out because they haven't played wow since vanilla. : / I'm not for that and won't make someone do that but will politely replace them if difficulties arose. Everyone deserves a chance. Without being judged first on paper. I prefer a verbal agreement via vent.

I agree with you -- the application process shouldn't be one to antagonize, scrutinize, or put a person in such a position that they feel like they're obviously not worth looking at. And, honestly, that type of guild wouldn't be worth applying for either.

A case in point, however, is that most notable guilds will have your application private - some to the extent that you yourself can't even see it or edit it.

The bottom line is how you personally handle it. When I ran <Death Praised> / <For Science> we had an application process to get the formalities out of the way and I could have my questions ready for them in the interview. The main purpose, however, stated in my previous post was to see their character and personality via voice. If there were issues, I raised them and gave them a chance to explain, and for the most part the majority made it to try out. Some did not but most did. It's up to you as the raid lead to determine if a player is potentially worth while to invest your time in.

Another case in point was we had a boomkin apply, get trialed, realm transferred.... and sucked. Instead of booting him myself, my co-gm (at the time) and another raider spent a week or two working with him and, in time, he became one of our best raiders as far as awareness and putting out the numbers.

=========================

Anyway... I can go on and on about things lol. The bottom line is I agree -- those who abuse the application process can put a stain on the others that use it for good intentions. You know the saying "Don't judge a society by one person." -- the same thing applies here.

Again, good luck with your team. I hope to see more guilds become competitive and push progression.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
confused on this guild how you guys are going to clear this tier on heroic when you're sitting at 9/16 normal now with only a little time till next tier

gl though
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
confused on this guild how you guys are going to clear this tier on heroic when you're sitting at 9/16 normal now with only a little time till next tier

gl though

Group 1 is clearing everything on normal mode... Group 2 is starting everything on Heroic next week... 4 raid days total... confusion fixed :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Precongrats if im not on when you pass up our and S1's progression within just a few weeks of raiding, thats pretty pro!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
wait so you raid with one heroic group and one normal mode group that seems like that's pretty ineffective
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]