Gyph of Divine Tornado

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Divine Storm becomes single target, but will move the enemy hit by it 180 degrees relative to the paladin.

This offers:

Back Protection - Say if a Rogue is stabbing the paladin in the back, this would 180 them and put them in the paladin's front.

Strong Peel - If a warrior is training the paladin's team' flag carrier, and the paladin is chasing warrior. The divine storm would 180 the warrior to behind the paladin providing a peel.

Interrupt - It could be another interrupt just like how death grip interrupts casts.

Since it is done by glyph and only works against players it would have no effect on PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Interesting idea but would be to strong and honestly its not very paladin like.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
peeling isnt paladin like??
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like the intent (peel, interrupt) but I think the re-position would be difficult on developers. Maybe something simpler that can accomplish the same thing is make the target get thrown up into the air for two seconds. It would interrupt a cast, plus prevent them from moving (like a root) because they're traveling straight up in the air. However, it WON'T prevent instant casts.

So in the end, it's stronger than a root (you can't trinket knock-ups), but weaker than say a stun or silence because of instant casts... and if a Warrior has Charge up, he can probably charge out of the knock up. So it's something but not extremely OP.

EDIT: One thing - if you have a move like DS with no cooldown, then people will complain about Rets interrupting them all the time. It will need an internal cooldown, though I don't think you should sacrifice the AoE component of DS for something like that
Edited by Shinn on 2/3/2013 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/03/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Shinn
I like the intent (peel, interrupt) but I think the re-position would be difficult on developers.

Not that I support this idea, but it doesn't have to be hard to implement. Just make it a reverse knockback, where the target hit is knocked towards the Paladin, rather than away. If the force and trajectory is right, the target will land on the opposite side of the Paladin from where they started.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/03/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Elidra
I like the intent (peel, interrupt) but I think the re-position would be difficult on developers.

Not that I support this idea, but it doesn't have to be hard to implement. Just make it a reverse knockback, where the target hit is knocked towards the Paladin, rather than away. If the force and trajectory is right, the target will land on the opposite side of the Paladin from where they started.

I wouldn't think this would be too technically difficult. You could even base it off DK grip then X2, so that the target travels X distance to the pally (like grip), but continues X range putting them 180 behind pally
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
02/03/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Tenacius
Back Protection - Say if a Rogue is stabbing the paladin in the back, this would 180 them and put them in the paladin's front.

or turn around and not put your back to the rogue

Strong Peel - If a warrior is training the paladin's team' flag carrier, and the paladin is chasing warrior. The divine storm would 180 the warrior to behind the paladin providing a peel.

warrior just charged back to his target, heroic leaped, or banner intervene

Interrupt - It could be another interrupt just like how death grip interrupts casts.

there's too many interrupts in the game as is, we don't need another one to track
Edited by Skeygaming on 2/3/2013 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

warrior just charged back to his target, heroic leaped, or banner intervene

Great, forced a cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]