Anyone looking at 25s in 5.2?

I was kinda hoping to be involved in 25 person raiding again starting in 5.2. This post is to see if there are enough other folks that might be interested in the same thing.

I have no interest in leaving my guild to join another. I would imagine a 25 person group on Eitrigg these days would have to consist of members from more than one guild anyhow, due to the seemingly lower number of people raiding.

I would be happy to organize the group, spam for pugs as necessary & deal with loot. I don't really want to coordinate/lead the fights and have no interest in tanking.

My perfect times to run this would be 2 days per week, Tues and Wed, starting at somewhere around 8 server, give or take half an hour.

If your guild is looking at running 25s and might need some augmentation, I would be very open to that.

Anyone else interested in trying this or something similar come 5.2?
Edited by Badilyn on 2/3/2013 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Unless Blizzard opens of cross-faction raiding (like Rift which is awesome), I don't think 25-man raiding will be happening on Eitrigg ever again.

Good luck though!

I was never a huge fan of large raid sizes (from 70+ in EverQuest to 40/25 in WoW) and embrace the 10-man raid model. Too much organizational effort for barely nothing IMO. A tip of my hat to those that put up with it though and to those amazing top 100 guilds.
Edited by Gnipon on 2/3/2013 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Unless Blizzard opens of cross-faction raiding (like Rift which is awesome), I don't think 25-man raiding will be happening on Eitrigg ever again.

Good luck though!

I was never a huge fan of large raid sizes (from 70+ in EverQuest to 40/25 in WoW) and embrace the 10-man raid model. Too much organizational effort for barely nothing IMO. A tip of my hat to those that put up with it though and to those amazing top 100 guilds.

Don't count alliance out they got enough people to make at least 1 successful 25 man all the elitist gotta pull there heads out there butt =) horde side on the other hand poop on us
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
it wont happen. but good luck.
Reply Quote
The cons of running 25s are certainly numerous - tough to organize, harder on the average computer than 10s and most nights you're only going to pull the boss a little more than half the number of times you can in a 10 man group (unless everyone is extremely diligent with the afks, coming back after breaks & running back after wipes).

The pros are also numerous however, and I think are worth mentioning - the "feeling of accomplishment" many people cite as their big reason for raiding is certainly there when you finally kill a boss on 25 to a greater extent (at least for me) due to the effort required to coordinate, they typically are a little bit more forgiving with respect to player error - blow a healer on 10s you're done, blow a healer on 25s and you can keep going sorta thing, not to mention the slightly increased loot/player ratio and the increased chances at getting the rare upgraded (thunderforged) items that are part of the loot tables in 5.2.

It certainly seems like the transition from 25s to 10s was very easy, and I'm quite sure the transition back will certainly be difficult, but I'm still hoping we can rally enough together to take a shot at it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
problem 1.) the people who mainly consist of eitrigg are family friendly RP questers who only care about their transmog, battle pets, mounts, and title/name. Most people here care less about raid progression and just want to have fun.

problem 2.) The good players that do exist in this server are spread so thin its ridiculous. like yeah there's a few OK guild's... but mainly its like a few good players in each guild and most are too stubborn to leave for actual progression because they want to play with friend which i can understand.

You best be to see 5.2 raiding in 25man is to go to a higher population server.

But best of luck.
Edited by Mybackhurtz on 2/4/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm just trying to find some of the excitement again, raiding hasn't been much fun for me since ICC - and I guess I attribute some of that to the dynamics of the larger group (though it's even more likely due to the fact that raiding was new to me back then & that certainly adds excitement).

I'm not expecting to smash normals in 3 weeks and get cracking on heroics on the cutting edge or anything like that. I'd be more than fine to have less experienced players that want to play hard show up than an experienced person who doesn't give 2 sh*ts about other peoples' time. That I can't deal with.

This was just meant to start a discussion anyhow, I guess I was hoping there'd be a snowball effect after a few jumped on board, but it's obviously not looking too good just yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I'm just trying to find some of the excitement again, raiding hasn't been much fun for me since ICC - and I guess I attribute some of that to the dynamics of the larger group (though it's even more likely due to the fact that raiding was new to me back then & that certainly adds excitement).

I'm not expecting to smash normals in 3 weeks and get cracking on heroics on the cutting edge or anything like that. I'd be more than fine to have less experienced players that want to play hard show up than an experienced person who doesn't give 2 sh*ts about other peoples' time. That I can't deal with.

This was just meant to start a discussion anyhow, I guess I was hoping there'd be a snowball effect after a few jumped on board, but it's obviously not looking too good just yet.

No one is really trying to poop on your parade, don't worry. Just being a bit realistic is all.

Another option would be if Blizzard fleshes out Cross Realm Zones more to accommodate guilds/raids/AH across 5-6 servers (actually think this is going to happen). Your dream will most likely be closer to fruition if that happens.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
problem 1.) the people who mainly consist of eitrigg are family friendly RP questers who only care about their transmog, battle pets, mounts, and title/name. Most people here care less about raid progression and just want to have fun.

problem 2.) The good players that do exist in this server are spread so thin its ridiculous. like yeah there's a few OK guild's... but mainly its like a few good players in each guild and most are too stubborn to leave for actual progression because they want to play with friend which i can understand.

You best be to see 5.2 raiding in 25man is to go to a higher population server.

But best of luck.

1. I can agree to that to a point but there are people that do care about raiding but ehhh they are not good or do not even consider taking the time to try to become halfway decent (seriously class forums all over the web exsist for a reason but best is to take 2 mins and think something through and try to find a better way)

2. yeap people raid for a variety of reasons, everyone raids for loot (and no one can say they do not), to raid with friends yes, to just raid is another its all meh

and the last point its iffy you see enough on american prime times remember us compared to the most populated server we have 1/3 of the people still way more then enough (over 3k lvl 90's I believe) just got to get the will to wade through all the trash

you would be better off with 10 mans if those are your reasons.

having 25 players that do not care is ehh more chance of !@#$ ups etc

you would want 2 10 mans with the extras as subs as needed

the 10 vs 25 man discussion is meh at best to be honest

but this

experienced person who doesn't give 2 sh*ts about other peoples' time.

would you rather people that are inexperianced or just bad that will stuff up again and again? they are wasting peoples time no?

just didnt make sense maybe I am not understanding you, Who doesn't want experienced people or decent people in thier raid? there are some exceptions as there are some things you do not want in a raid and not everything is about numbers ( I would want someone that perform decent numbers over someone that does slightly better dps numbers but if asked to do something breaks down and starts crying its to hard which is what happens alot)
Reply Quote
I don't want the 140k dps guy or flawless tank/healer that afks without announcement for 15 minutes. In that time I can get 2-3 more pulls in with folks playing half as perfectly - and guess what, they'll get better most of the time as their experience grows.

This, for me, was about getting myself back to being positive and excited about raiding - what should be the best part of the game - after 3 tiers of it feeling like work and one 2 month break from the game.

For me, the excitement from raiding 10s has never proven to be equivalent to what I experienced in 25s. Maybe that's just me, I guess I was hoping there would be some others out there who remembered it the same way or wanted to give it a try.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't want the 140k dps guy or flawless tank/healer that afks without announcement for 15 minutes. In that time I can get 2-3 more pulls in with folks playing half as perfectly - and guess what, they'll get better most of the time as their experience grows.

This, for me, was about getting myself back to being positive and excited about raiding - what should be the best part of the game - after 3 tiers of it feeling like work and one 2 month break from the game.

For me, the excitement from raiding 10s has never proven to be equivalent to what I experienced in 25s. Maybe that's just me, I guess I was hoping there would be some others out there who remembered it the same way or wanted to give it a try.

15 min afk without warnings? you replace them after 10 mins at the most

I do it

I will take in a green geared person to prove a point.....

they learn, happens to often you kick them meh

and since you are planning around 25 mans epgp or dkp is a very viable solution stipulate rules that penilize these people as at the end of the day its all about the gear
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am going afk this week for 15 min =D
Reply Quote
It's a pro move for sure. No better way to announce your presence with authority. rofl
Reply Quote
I have some issue with the dkp philosophy as it pretty much negates any interest from pugs, unless you promise them open rolls - which then puts down your regulars. I'd prefer open rolls with a team concept in mind - all thing being equal healers & tanks getting first tokens for example. The way any good group I've been in has worked has been based in the comfort of knowing the gear will come eventually if you keep working.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
#YOLO
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have some issue with the dkp philosophy as it pretty much negates any interest from pugs, unless you promise them open rolls - which then puts down your regulars. I'd prefer open rolls with a team concept in mind - all thing being equal healers & tanks getting first tokens for example. The way any good group I've been in has worked has been based in the comfort of knowing the gear will come eventually if you keep working.

is a few ways to work it out one that i do like more is, say you have 3 mail users (its an example) and you pug a mail user, those 3 mail users (assuming all are ms agil users and its a agil piece) ./roll and the pug ./roll's, if they pug gets the highest roll then he gets it else if the one of the 3 people that need it are highest it goes to dkp or w/e system
Reply Quote
Ah gotcha. That sounds fair. Likely not something I would choose to do, but fair.
Edited by Badilyn on 2/7/2013 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok so I'm going to go ahead & double post. I'm open to raiding other nights, hell I'm even open to making it Eitrigg's biggest alt run, provided folks are willing to consistently come 2 nights a week and play hard.

Any interest at all? I'm deeply saddened by the fact that all I'm getting is good luck posts & suggestions as opposed to even one person saying they'd be down. I've received a few psts in game about it being sad also that the interest in 25s is just so gone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Meanwhile in Wisconsin...

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/5f1ea3ec10bc85911923b9a16404c1db.jpg
Reply Quote
I hope Wisconsin was able to rally 25 rebel troopers and a couple of snowspeeders to deal with that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]