Healing Add-ons

90 Night Elf Hunter
Hello,
I am starting up a healer, and had some questions about healing add ons. I am a clicker and a keyboard turner (yes, I can hear your groans from here, lol ), and I was wondering if you could recommend a good healing add on that goes well with clicky clicky. (At my age, I am doing good to remember my own name, let alone remember where I bound my abilities, so clicking is probably my only option.)

Also, the only other toon I really play is the one I am posting on. If I download an add on for healing, is there a way to shut it off on my hunter, or do I simply have to remember to disable it when I am playing my hunter, and enable it when playing the healer?

Thanks,
S.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
For healing you can use Voodoo/Grid or the one i use is healbot. You may want to get decursive also.

and yes you can turn it off on your hunter, it's in the addons selection.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healbot would be perfect for you if your going to remain a clicker..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks! I appreciate it!

S.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I highly suggest you try and break your clicker habit but in the mean time, if your not going to..
Like I said before, healbot is where's its at but I'd also suggest you get addons;
- Bartender
- SUF (shadowed unit frames)

Will clean up your interface and its very easy to customize..
If your going to click.. May as well make it as easy for yourself as you can..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks so much! I downloaded healium and am trying that out. I will look at healbot as well, since I think healium may overwhelm the screen during raids. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

S.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healium is.. not good. Grid and Vuhdo are more customizable than Healbot but requires more setup, it's not very good out of the box.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello,
I am starting up a healer, and had some questions about healing add ons. I am a clicker and a keyboard turner (yes, I can hear your groans from here, lol ), and I was wondering if you could recommend a good healing add on that goes well with clicky clicky. (At my age, I am doing good to remember my own name, let alone remember where I bound my abilities, so clicking is probably my only option.)

Also, the only other toon I really play is the one I am posting on. If I download an add on for healing, is there a way to shut it off on my hunter, or do I simply have to remember to disable it when I am playing my hunter, and enable it when playing the healer?

Thanks,
S.

I use Vuhdo and Grid
Reply Quote
I would definitely go with bartender. if you have a problem with clicking and a hard time remember keybinds..bartender is amazing because you can put your spells and procs and cds wherever you want to on the screen..it will show you the keybind you chose for that peticular key in the top right of that spell/cd/etc etc. Then it will be just as fast as your mouse click...and it will start training your mind and fingers to move...plus you can use bartender to keybind your spell and cuztomize it so that you can only click through it...there-by forcing you to use your hot keys.

I have never used any healing add-ons...but if i was to use any add-on for helping with healing Bartender is awesome!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SUF, bartender. That's all you need. Make mouseover macros, and use them all the time. Grid may be better if you prefer those frames over Blizz UI frames.

Healium is !@#$. Don't get it. At least with HealBot you don't have to click deadon every time and you'll still get something off. Healium isn't bad, but it's too pin-point in stressful situations.

One thing I would try to get into the habit of is mouse turning. Makes turning quicker is almost every situation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healbot
Bartender

Both very user friendly.

Replace turning from your key binds with spells. I made keybinds on the Bartender bars using:

Q E R T F Z X C V and then others with shift Q, shift E etc... you can also re-bind 1 2 3 4 if you want

Keep W to move forward and S to move back. Change A and D to strafe left and right removing turning from your keys. Then you have no choice but to start using your mouse for turning - its worth it to retrain yourself in the long run.

I also use Recount, Sexymap, Omen, BagBaud, and a few others.

Good Luck with your healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Decursive is all as use for specific addons, and then just TidyPlates for health bars.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm a clicker too, I used to use healbot...But when MoP came out they were a little slow to update so I tried out Vuhdo. I liked it much better and haven't gone back to Healbot. I liked how I could bind spells to the mouse wheel. Oh and I also use Bartender.

I wouldn't worry too much about remembering the key binds, after using it enough it'll just come to you. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]