What's the dps requirement for Elegon?

My guild got to Elegon yesterday. We got in 9 attempts, but everytime something went wrong. We got him down to 58% and had 4 minutes and 30 seconds on the enrage. We killed 4 waves of orbs. As a healer, this fight is also causing me trouble to heal through, me and the other healer are doing about 80k hps each and were pretty much desperate at each Total Annihilation. So, any tips for Elegon that I can relay to my guild?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
1. Make sure people are dropping their stacks of the debuff before total annihilate comes out.

2. Make sure the tank has the add outside of the circle when it starts to get low, so then you don't have to worry about extra damage on top of that.

Other than that, it's rather hard to say without logs really to see where your guild could improve.
Edited by Waraila on 2/3/2013 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
1. Make sure people are dropping their stacks of the debuff before total annihilate comes out.

2. Make sure the tank has the add outside of the circle when it starts to get low, so then you don't have to worry about extra damage on top of that.

Other than that, it's rather hard to say without logs really to see where your guild could improve.

We know all the mechanics, but I don't keep track of logs. What's the dps requirement though, including/not including the buffs? We do only get 2 protectors, but we cut in close (like 3 seconds before another one spawns and then we get a transition). We have one person who does above 100k, everyone else sits around 70-80k. We were melee heavy, but we are fixing that by bring 1, maybe 2 max. Last time, we brought 3.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/03/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Joepan
We have one person who does above 100k, everyone else sits around 70-80k. We were melee heavy, but we are fixing that by bring 1, maybe 2 max. Last time, we brought 3.
That should be fine. It could be better, but you should be able to kill normal with those numbers after his nerfs. Try 5 waves if possible. Other than that people need to reset stacks and not get hit by adds or circles in pillar phase if that's what's causing the healing issues.

Hard to help without logs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Kill all the pillars at the same time.

Also, there isn't 160k dps going out on this fight if you're doing it correctly, so either you don't understand the mechanics, or you and the other healer aren't pulling that much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you can kill 4 waves of orbs each time (spending the time during the 5th wave to dps the boss), you can kill the boss in the berserk time.

Use a healing cooldown for each total annihilation, they'll be back up again by the time you get to phase 1 again, and they'll also be back up yet again for the final phase, when you want them.
Reply Quote
If you can kill 4 waves of orbs each time (spending the time during the 5th wave to dps the boss), you can kill the boss in the berserk time.

Use a healing cooldown for each total annihilation, they'll be back up again by the time you get to phase 1 again, and they'll also be back up yet again for the final phase, when you want them.

I think the problem was the 5th wave wasn't used. Our tanks and me can help out with some orbs anyways. Thanks all, at least we know that we have enough dps!
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Monk
normal elegon =/= 160k hps
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't have logs from normal Elegon but even heroic Elegon doesn't require anywhere near those kinda numbers. Are you using a cooldown for the explosions?

Kill 4 adds, giving you 5 stacks on the boss. If your DPS can't do it, tell them to get better (or find new DPS)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I've been healing this fight on one group and dps'ing it on the other for a few weeks now(we've already gotten the kill a couple times) and not one of the 20 people I raid with including myself thought to pop a raid CD for total annihilate... DAMMIT!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Our heroic kill this week didn't even have 160k hps total for all 10 people...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/04/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Hiroran
Our heroic kill this week didn't even have 160k hps total for all 10 people...

Though to be fair, doesn't heroic involve Total Annihilation hitting only a small subset of your raid (and them mitigating most of it) as opposed to the entire group?

To the OP, make sure that your people are also dropping their debuff stack after every wave of orbs in the phase 2 portion. The orbs explode when killed and do moderate damage that can become high damage if your raiders are lollygagging about clearing their debuff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We aim for 6 stacks per round. Our first kill we had Elegon down to around 36-38% for the final burn phase. We have a range heavy group, with 2 range dps that are exceptional around 100-120k on the first kill. The rest of the group, excluding the 2nd tank, were in the 70-90k range.

During the Draw Power adds, make sure to reset stacks after each add too. The adds aoe the raid on death, so it's easy damage you can reduce for the next wave.

As a bear, I wait until 3 waves are down, then pop Incarnation/Nature's Vigil dps CDs to spam Mangle on adds to help out any struggling dps.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Total annihilation doesn't hit THAT hard. With 50% increased healing it shouldn't take too much mana to get people up even if you do not have any raid cooldowns.

You should try to be more specific on what is wiping you so we can be more helpful ;p. I don't see why total annihilation would be wiping your raid and healers shouldn't be at OOM risk this early in the fight.

If you aren't already it can help to assign dps to kill thier own pillar once the floor drops off to help kill them all around the same time and get less adds. Make sure dps avoid getting aggro on adds until groups can meet up and tank get some proper aggro. Make sure that everyone pays close attention while the pillars are up that they DO NOT get hit by the puddle where the adds is be summoned at because those hit for a ton of damage. Are dps just failing to kill the adds in a timely manner? Are people resetting stacks in phase 2 in between killing each wave of orbs? Do the protectors ALWAYS make it outside before it dies? Are people staying under ~6 stacks for total annihilation? Are tanks keeping boss turned away so that breathe doesn't devour people?

Those are the primary concerns that could be wiping your raid group.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/04/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Sagezen
normal elegon =/= 160k hps

The median (and mean) HPS for Elegon 10N kills is 143K.

So, while the 160K is slightly above average, it's not hugely so. They can probably reduce damage taken by quite a bit of course.

Stone Guard median HPS is currently showing as 156K - however, in the first few weeks after release it was showing as 140K, I think that reflects that more people are using a single-tank strategy for Stone Guard now.

I guess we call it a toss-up between SG and Elegon for which is the most healing-intensive fight in MV (Elegon has that healing buff, but with only 2 healers instead of 3 it's more work per healer).
Edited by Autumni on 2/4/2013 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Are you trying to do the achievement?

You really should, it's the best way to do the fight.
02/04/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Autumni
I guess we call it a toss-up between SG and Elegon for which is the most healing-intensive fight in MV (Elegon has that healing buff, but with only 2 healers instead of 3 it's more work per healer).

10-man Stone Guard varies a lot week to week, since Jade does a lot of unavoidable damage.

Regardless, I wouldn't describe Elegon as a hard fight to heal on normal. And there's nothing wrong with 3 melee for the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Keep the big add inside til around 25%. At which point dps switch tank should be running out adds let it explode OUTSIDE.

We get 2 adds before phase push. Next get AT LEAST 4-5 orbs. On the 3rd use lightning lash if you got a shammy. 4th pot. You need 4 orbs if your struggling. Put your tank on the weakest dps on each side. Make sure as well to switch to boss here to dps.

Once you hit that wall where u can't kill anymore orbs, get to your positions. I as a dot class dot ALL PYLONS and then focus on the pillar I'm on. Personally I get mine down first and then switch to another.

Stack up get all adds together get inside the bubble and drop your AoE get damage buff Zerg small adds. Rinse wash repeat.

Last phase keep dropping stacks make sure if you have dps heal cd's use them here, staggered. Like a ele shammy using healing stream, Druid tranq dk ams, everything. You do this = win. GL

Edit: your healers have no need to be inside til P3. There is no los there, not til HM.
Edited by Skyotter on 2/5/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Last phase keep dropping stacks make sure if you have dps heal cd's use them here, staggered. Like a ele shammy using healing stream, Druid tranq dk ams, everything. You do this = win. GL

Don't waste time dropping stacks in P3. Group up in the centre and chain CDs appropriately.

Edit: your healers have no need to be inside til P3. There is no los there, not til HM.

Standing on the platform gives +50% healing.

Generally speaking though, Elegon wipes aren't healing issues, although they might be because people are taking too much damage unnecessarily.
Edited by Tarski on 2/5/2013 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We have one person who does above 100k, everyone else sits around 70-80k. We were melee heavy, but we are fixing that by bring 1, maybe 2 max. Last time, we brought 3.
That should be fine. It could be better, but you should be able to kill normal with those numbers after his nerfs. Try 5 waves if possible. Other than that people need to reset stacks and not get hit by adds or circles in pillar phase if that's what's causing the healing issues.

Hard to help without logs.

we downed elegon last week our guild dps average from 55-80k dps. we also 3 healed it
Edited by Çlassic on 2/5/2013 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Standing on the platform gives +50% healing.

It only give +50% to healing received, and if healers are for some reason having trouble jumping in and out, then I'd say it be okay for them to stay outside most of the time. Though heals don't seem to be the problem in this situation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]