PvP is pointless right now

90 Night Elf Priest
Does anyone else feel this way? Damage is so ridiculously high that I don't even have time to react to ANYTHING, especially if GOD FORBID more than a single dps decides to camp me. This is just frustrating. The start of every expansion goes this way, DPS reigns supreme till blizz takes forever to do anything about it. I should NOT be getting crit for 90-110k with a supposed 50%+ damage reduction from resil
Reply Quote
Well, to be fair, you aren't geared at all. In the least. But yes, damage is extremely high. You're experiencing the very worst of it as you have like no resilience and no stopping power, but gear will help you.

And honestly, it really helps to pvp with friends. Times are much better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You need at least upgraded t1 and at least half malevolent to not be insta gibbed and actually do decent damage.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
You're still in greens lol. get full pvp gear and a pvp weapon and that won't happen to you as much. but of course it will still happen, but not as often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree. A healer should be able to live and and make a dps class stop attacking them cuz it's pointless you can't kill them in a 1v1. Right now Healers get recked, a dps will burn me out of mana quick or kill me and I have 65% resil

So far this expack does not favor healers, it is clearly a dps world right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree. A healer should be able to live and and make a dps class stop attacking them cuz it's pointless you can't kill them in a 1v1. Right now Healers get recked, a dps will burn me out of mana quick or kill me and I have 65% resil

So far this expack does not favor healers, it is clearly a dps world right now.

^ this. They are making heals very bad right now. And...we simply don´t have DPS at all.

DPS classes are receiving 100% of pvp power to dps + 25% to healing while we (healers) are only receiving 50% to heals from pvp power. Very funny and UNFAIR standard here. I already vented that but I still had to argue against ppl of our own class.

That´s ok ...NOW those who was against me is receiving tons of nerfs (Spriests) as well as disc priests (tons of nerfs in our AoE healing via DA and mana regeneration, detail-> that never was good in comparison to other healing classes) and we will have no "good" spec. I just don´t wanna see those ppl complaining about nerfs now. Now just take the nerfbats in profound silence!!
Edited by Mahadev on 2/4/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 02:49 AMPosted by Flamepriest
You need at least upgraded t1 and at least half malevolent to not be insta gibbed and actually do decent damage.

I dunno, I do pretty good in just Contender's and some S12 stuff, without a weapon.

But seriously, you need AT LEAST the full Contender's set before you step into a BG if you don't want to get blown up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I play some randoms as resto shaman, if the other team is not well geared (around 350k hp) i ask to carry the flag usually i go 3 caps with no deaths. Conclusion: gear matters a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The early bird catches the worm.

Of course you are gonna lose in blues and greens. You are not geared and your opinion is biased. You need to get geared to get rid of that bias. You are correct though, it is pointless to PvP in your condition until 5.2. You have to maintain a proper gear edge throughout the season in order to become a successful PvPer and you will be unable to become successful this patch because you put off getting your gear for too long.

You are clearly not an early bird.

You have to be diligent about filling your conquest quota every week. If you miss even one week, you'll lose your gear edge and you will have to be carried by your friends for the rest of the season. No one needs or wants that responsibility because you are ultimately responsible for your own well-being. If you fall behind, you will regret for it the rest of the season and you will also regret wasting a third of an entire expansion.

That is the true nature of consequence.
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/4/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
There is no free lunch, unless you are willing to become free lunch.
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/4/2013 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
You have to be diligent about filling your conquest quota every week. If you miss even one week, you'll lose your gear edge and you will have to be carried by your friends for the rest of the season. No one needs or wants that responsibility because you are ultimately responsible for your own well-being. If you fall behind, you will regret for it the rest of the season and you will also regret wasting a third of an entire expansion.

Thankfully though, they're changing this next season.

When Patch 5.3 hits (patch after the forthcoming 5.2), you get a Conq catchup where you're eligible to earn as many Conq Points as had been eligible up to that point.

So if you're late to any parties after this one, you'll have a chance. But yeah, for this season, I was late to the party and am just not pvp'ing much until 5.2 hits.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I get crit over 100k in elite gear. Just learn how to utilize shadow properly and stack some resil.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Sorry I should have logged on in pvp gear. I have the full blue crafted ilevel 450set and I have the blue offpieces such as rings/neck/cape/trinkets/etc

But, I am glad to hear it gets A BIT better when I upgrade to the epics
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The early bird catches the worm.

Of course you are gonna lose in blues and greens. You are not geared and your opinion is biased. You need to get geared to get rid of that bias. You are correct though, it is pointless to PvP in your condition until 5.2. You have to maintain a proper gear edge throughout the season in order to become a successful PvPer and you will be unable to become successful this patch because you put off getting your gear for too long.

You are clearly not an early bird.

To me, success for now is breaking 2k+. I have done it many times before but I don't expect to do that this season. I was just REALLY surprised how ridiculous DPS is right now, that's all. Upgrading from the blue set to epics gains an extra 50+ stam per pieces and 40-60 resil per piece. I just hard time believing that an ilevel upgrade of 20-25 per slot is going to make me noticeably better at surviving. Of course, I am hoping i am quite wrong.

Damage is just SO high that I am not getting my hopes high too much. But, even with greens/blues, I managed to go 10-14 against people in full epics. That gives me some hope for now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
02/04/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Fadinglîght
I get crit over 100k in elite gear. Just learn how to utilize shadow properly and stack some resil.

You are right. I thought going from 450 blues to the epics won't make a big diff but you are in epics and you have more than DOUBLE my resil. I will keep my mouth shut till I am geared enough to properly comment. I should be thankful I can even survive more than 20 seconds in my current gear
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
The entitlement in this thread is astonishing. What are you asking for? To need 3 dpsers to kill you like the good ol' days?

I suggest you guys play a class that has garbage survivability to realize that priests have it easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]