Prof for Max Raid Tank

22 Goblin Warlock
Guys I'm looking for insight on Prof for my soon to be raid tank warrior. Most of the topics I find are from 6 months to 2 years ago. I'm sitting on around 400 BS and Eng right now but thinking I might want to switch out Eng for something better, so question is what are the best two prof for prot warrior tanking?

Thanks,
Sid
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Jewelcrafting. They're the only ones that let you take your profession bonus as secondary stats or primary stats. If you don't mind not having a choice, Miner gives bonus stamina, as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
Herb - Haste cd
Mining - Stam
Skinning - Crit
Engie - dodge or str/agi Clicky
Enchanting - str, stam, or agi on rings
BS - anything you can gem
JC - about anything you can gem
Tailoring - attack power random proc
LW - str,stam, or agi on bracers
inscription - stam
alch - stam, agi or str from flasks, or using potions boosts to:dodge or armor and haste, hit, expertise, crit or mastery.

Blacksmithing is the best because you effectively get double to bonus everyone else gets as long as you use secondary stat gems. 640 mastery/haste is way better than 480 stamina.
Edited by Tuesdays on 2/6/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Herb, Tailoring, Skinning suck.

Pick other 2. Although I hate engi because two on uses are annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Engineering is great for fights where you can't charge. Warriors are very slow w/o charges and leap. Not to mention the hand enchant and other useful belt tinkers. Ability to save the raid > insignificant stat gain.

EDIT: I'm referring to the rocket boots belt.
Edited by Peekochu on 2/6/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Engineering is great for fights where you can't charge. Warriors are very slow w/o charges and leap. Not to mention the hand enchant and other useful belt tinkers. Ability to save the raid > insignificant stat gain.

EDIT: I'm referring to the rocket boots belt.

Does it still backfire in raids? I've been too chicken to try it, largely because I don't hate my raid enough to cause a wipe because "lol my tinker failed". I can see using it in total emergencies where you're going to die anyways, but if you're relying on a sprint with the potential to fail and probably get you killed anyways, then you're doing it wrong :-P

The glove tinkers are okay, I guess. Engineering is mainly a convenience profession, not a min/max one for plate tanks, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]