How can I increase the power of my Healing?

Lately it seems as though my healing spells just are not going as far as they used to. I use my riptide for a short emergency, I keep my rain down (and preferably away from aoe) and spawn my healing totem whenever the cd allows, and still it seems like my Healing wave and greater healing wave spells are hardly able to keep up with people's health. Where before a single greater heal could get a tank up from 75% (I'm exaggerating ik but still) it now takes 5. Is it just because of the level difference between my shammy and the 90 players? Or is it something more? Even with toons at level with my shammy it seems as though my healing has decided to take a nap.

What can I do to increase the power of my spells? CAN I increase the power of my spells? This Shammy is my first healer and I love her to bits, but it just seems like instead of becoming more powerful with levels she's actually becoming weaker - what am I doing wrong?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You aren't getting weaker per se, but your party's health pools relative to your spells are getting larger, so the impression is that your "big" spells just don't do much. Sad to say, the only real cure for that is to get better gear, as it is all a scaling issue.

Hang in there, it does get fun again!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Welcome to post 80 content.

Your heals have diminished a lot in comparison to the sharply rising health pools of our teammates. There really isn't anything you can do to boost your heals, minus better gear, which will come with time and patience.
Reply Quote
Our healing spells don't scale with health pools per level?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Sadly, no. There was a huge issue with it when Cata hit, when we couldn't use the normal healing strategies to keep everyone up when we ran into the issues you're having.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Xenzbek
Our healing spells don't scale with health pools per level?

Your spells do scale up as you level. It's just that in Wrath, healers got WAY more powerful than Blizzard wanted them to be. So as you level past 80, to tone that down, your heals scale pretty slowly while everyone's health scales up ginormously.
Reply Quote
Oh, okay thank you I honestly always though our healing spells scaled appropriately with level -_-; guess that's what I get for being a noobe healer lol. I'll work on my gear thank you very much for explaining guys; it was getting to the point where I was having mini-heart attacks because my healing just wasn't up to par and I had a group dropping fast because of all the aoes in this xpac.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
On the flip side, in a lot of the dungeons you are encountering at 86, most of the AoE damage is avoidable. I believe at that level you have Stormstout and Jade Temple, and that is it until 87. For Jade Serpent, the trash up to the first boss leaves puddles of goo people shouldn't be standing in, the boss itself has adds that leave puddles of goo people shouldn't be standing in, and the boss sprays goo and "bad water" that people, you got it, shouldn't be standing in. The second boss should be target swapped at 8 stacks (or less) to keep it from doing its AoE thing. The third boss trash and boss have more poo puddles. The last boss is pretty much the only one not subject to anal-leakage.

Bottom line, if the AoE damage is tough to handle, it may not be your fault, but the fault of the agressive poo-standers.
Reply Quote
I know I even say at the beginning of a run I can't heal through aoe if you aren't moveing out of it, but somehow people always find a way.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
don't take this as trolling, but the way to increase the power of your heals is more intellect. int is our throughput stat, and spirit is our regen stat now - it's up to you to find a comfortable medium.

additionally, mastery is also a throughput stat, and yours works better the lower a target's life is (unless they changed it from cata to mop - in which case ignore that). so if you can't find a way of adding int through gems/enchants, and you've hit all your haste breakpoints (some of your spells will get a throughput increase once you reach certain haste numbers), reforging for mastery could help you out some.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]