What DOES Cleanse cleanse?

75 Blood Elf Paladin
Because every time I think "oh, I'd like to help this person by cleansing that effect," nothing happens.

Please help me :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Cleanse removes Poison and Diseases effects.
in addition, if you're Holy, it can also remove Magic effects.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin

But what counts as a magic effect? Can it remove mind control? Charm? Stun? Silence?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

But what counts as a magic effect? Can it remove mind control? Charm? Stun? Silence?

fears, charms check
stuns, silence no
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Magic effects are the ones with blue frames around the debuffs, and say "magic" in the top right of the tooltip.

Mind control, charm, and non-physical stuns and silences are magic effects.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Because every time I think "oh, I'd like to help this person by cleansing that effect," nothing happens.

Please help me :(

If it's a red boxed debuff, you cannot cleanse it. Also paladins cannot de-curse like Druids and Mages.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
fears, charms check
stuns, silence no

It's not quite that simple. There are physical fears and magical stuns. For example, Fear and Psychic Scream are magic, so they can be dispelled with Cleanse. However, Intimidating Shout is physical, so it cannot be. Similarly, Hammer of Justice is a magic stun, so it can be dispelled with Cleanse, but Cheap Shot is physical, so it can't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Death Knight DoT's, Rogue poisons and a few Shadow Priest/Warlock spells that are classified as a Disease rather than a Curse such as Devouring Plague. Next patch our utility is getting a buff with Hand of Sacrifice removing all magic effects from the target.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Learn all the abilities if you really want to know. Honestly the only real way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The color around the edge of the debuff is generally an easy way to tell. Poisons are green, magic debuffs are blue, curses are purple; for some reason I'm not sure offhand what color diseases are, but I can recognize it quickly in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I want to say diseases are yellow but I can't say for sure without checking it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Diseases have an orange/brown color border.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If youre taking a lot of magic dmg then you have devo aura which is 20 % reduced magic dmg and immune to stun. Its a aoe ability
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Taurseye
If youre taking a lot of magic dmg then you have devo aura which is 20 % reduced magic dmg and immune to stun. Its a aoe ability

It's not immunity to stuns, it's immunity to silences and interrupts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]