Current state of Hunters

90 Night Elf Hunter
How do you guys feel about the current state of Hunters? Do you feel that we could use a buff (Who doesn't want a buff.)? Perhaps a nerf (Really stupid question I know.)?

How do you guys feel about Hunter PvP?

What about Hunter PvE?

Patch 5.2 changes, do you consider them buffs or nerfs?

I'm just curious to see what other hunters think and feel in our current spot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hunter's are great at the moment, not extremely good, but still desired for raids, PVP wise, we aren't overpowered in any aspect, there are so many ways to deal with stampede on the receiving end that it is in no way a problem, we are given the option of 2 very viable specs, which is very awesome considering some people only have the option of one viable spec, and another huge plus for hunters, especially in the current raids is we lose virtually no dps while moving compared to a stationary fight, which is quite rare this patch, Not too much is changing for hunters this patch, from what I have read, a nerf to silencing shot is a hit, but we will strive through it, making glyph of marked for death a passive is a nice plus, and glyph of liberation(5% health back when you use disengage) seems like a great utility for a dying hunter in PVP, considering you often disengage to get away from that damage
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/05/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Calelroot
Perhaps a nerf (Really stupid question I know.)?

inb4 cries for BM nerf and MM buff

On a serious note, the class as a whole is in a pretty decent spot. It's not OP but not at the bottom of the list either. Some things could be tweaked, and maybe give the specs more differences between them, but it's nothing to seriously complain about.
Edited by Paksanarian on 2/5/2013 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Best they have ever been across the board. Yes certain specs can use love, but the class as a whole has never been in a better spot. At least IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Bigest complaint is bad pet AI.
Sometimes my pet just does something really stupid, like rushing off to attack a mob that was not aggroed, that I never targeted.

Sometimes the game wont let me cast Lynx Rush, saying the pet is too far away, yet the pet is tanking the mob.

Other than some strangeness with the pet, I think Hunters are in a pretty good place right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/05/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Istopforkids
PVP wise, we aren't overpowered in any aspect

AHAHAHAHAHAH LOLOLOLOL

you're the second most OP PVP class in the game atm, and the one that is more OP against a couple more classes than you; you're a good counter to that class.

Dispell+enrage remover on no c/d, double deter, silence on 20sec cd, disorient on 30sec cd, ice trap 30 sec cd, pets with cc's, cc breaker for your pet 1min cd, semi-stealth while moving and full stealth while still, an execute move, an untarget-me move (feign), ranged slow on 5 sec cd, etc... not to mention bursty damage cd's and good sustained.

I hope u all get nerfed into the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We feel pretty faceroll in PvP atm. I'm not a fan of popping CDs to insta gib someone, but that pretty much PvP in general at the moment and not solely a Hunter issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
We are actually in a good place. Our dmg is good and sustainable. The dk and none 90 hunter to be ignored (as dks need a lot of work and sub 90 anything can be a faceroll) on that same note BM needs a little better aoe other than that they are fine.

Surv needs a slight buff to explosive shot. Maybe some consequences for cleansing dot dmg. Like when cleansed it spreads to other nearby targets or blows up for 50% of the remaining dmg.

And MM....well in pvp MM is still decent(and i say that knowing its just barely true) even though aimed shot needs work. Faster way to get aimed shot procs or even power shot proc(power shot losses the knockback if used with a proc or somthing). Maybe improved arcane shot will make a comeback for MM
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The dk ... to be ignored (as dks need a lot of work

1. You are right that DK, especially frost, is in a terrible place 1vs1 wise.
2. I pvp on toons other than DK; warlock, warrior, rsham. My perspective is not just that of a DK.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hunters are today the most balanced class out there.

We dont have a retarded spell that has no counters, our ccs arent spammable and can be dispelled, our dmg cds can be negated, we bring ok utility but nothing over the top.

Thats why the class is barely touched in the ptr notes, as far as PvP go.

But we do have some problems, MM and Survival have nothing unique nor fun, when you explosive shot hits ppl for like 6k, its just meh, oh and pet IA
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Well warriors are a good fight against hunters, warlocks also put up a great fight. Now i can kill a resto shaman about half the time. But the key is when to silence and interrupt them.

I still say we are in a good place as of now though. Right now though the classes are split. You have classes that are OP as some say and honestly its about half the classes are considered OP.

Maybe blizz needs to buff the other classes up a litle and get them on the Level with hunters, warriors, locks, shadow priests monks, Druids. Itd be easier than just nerfing everyone. Dks, ele shamans, pallies, rogues. all need some love.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Lol well you can get the contenders set of the AH for a start up set and that will get you going, its not crazy expensive either. Any leather worker with a damn can make it for you and then you kill sha every week for an estra drop chance and do bgs.

Before long (provided you are at least kinda patient and work on your spec/stats/ gemming/ reforge, you can turn into a beast. Takes a little more arena practice to get good at those though. Btw i had a rebull so if anything ...is typed weird just try to piece it together lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yup, people without PVP gear are now barely viable with the new pvp system needing pvp power and resil. You can easily crit 200k on damn near any class if you are full pvp gear and they are in pve gear. Its the intended design
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
AHAHAHAHAHAH LOLOLOLOL

you're the second most OP PVP class in the game atm, and the one that is more OP against a couple more classes than you; you're a good counter to that class.

Dispell+enrage remover on no c/d, double deter, silence on 20sec cd, disorient on 30sec cd, ice trap 30 sec cd, pets with cc's, cc breaker for your pet 1min cd, semi-stealth while moving and full stealth while still, an execute move, an untarget-me move (feign), ranged slow on 5 sec cd, etc... not to mention bursty damage cd's and good sustained.

We do have all of those tools, but do you know how hard it is to use ALL of them within 1 minute? You have to know how to play to do well. We are not a "button smash" class
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Inkarran
The dk and none 90 hunter to be ignored

No, I am not to be ignored. Being 89 on this toon is irrelevant to how faceroll the class feels to me in comparison to previous irritations/expansions. I leveled up to 90 on the beta, put my time in, and gave my feedback only to see Marks and Surv become near non-viable in competitive PvP while BM was released as a one button wonder at the start of the expansion. It has been very disheartening and is the reason as to why I've dragged my feet getting this girl to 90.

However, I'll never give up on this Hunter and will go back to playing her religiously at 90 in 5.2.

As a Battlemaster, Justicar, Bloodthirsty, of the Alliance Hunter, I have definitely put the time and hours into this Hunter to express my opinion on the current state of how Hunters feel to me in PvP.
Edited by Leeton on 2/6/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
02/06/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Xfce

DK tears make me smile almost as much as mage tears.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]