Help Improve the DK Above You!

90 Human Death Knight
Like the title suggests, as part of the DK family help out each other by helping improve your fellow DK!

No mean or malicious posts against other players please. Keep it constructive and helpful! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
How am I supposed to improve you? You seem like you are at the top of your game in your Elite gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/06/2013 05:56 AMPosted by Xàvek
How am I supposed to improve you? You seem like you are at the top of your game in your Elite gear.

Don't bother matching the socket bonuses on your chest/boots, just go straight str. The socket bonus isn't worth it. On your helm/shoulders get the str/haste gem instead.

My gear is reforged for frost RBGs, but gemmed for arena, so it's a little out of whack. Also, I didn't play through most of the expansion so I have horrible gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Don't bother matching the socket bonuses on your chest/boots, just go straight str.The socket bonus isn't worth it.
Totally. Because Hit and Crit are just worthless stats.

On your helm/shoulders get the str/haste gem instead.
Oh of course! Because trading the Etched gem I have in there now for a Fierce gem so I don't get the extra Str in both Socket bonuses make TOTAL Sense! Let me jump on that. Tch...why didn't I think of that before. /selfbonk
Edited by Xàvek on 2/6/2013 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Don't bother matching the socket bonuses on your chest/boots, just go straight str.The socket bonus isn't worth it.
Totally. Because Hit and Crit are just worthless stats.

In comparison to the extra str from str gems, yes they are. Unless stat weights have changed drastically since the end of cata, you don't match a socket bonus unless you get more str from it than you lose for matching it.

On your helm/shoulders get the str/haste gem instead.
Oh of course! Because trading the Etched gem I have in there now for a Fierce gem so I don't get the extra Str in both Socket bonuses make TOTAL Sense! Let me jump on that. Tch...why didn't I think of that before. /selfbonk

That was a derp on my part, thinking that haste was a blue gem and not a yellow one.

Somehow I didn't expect you to overreact to a suggestion even after I saw you were from Moon Guard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
John, i have nothing for you, i am not familiar with the BS prof, but i would think that maybe JC or LW might provide better enhancements. LW provides the 500str enhance on bracers and JC provides 2 Serpent gems that can stack pretty hard, i think they are +320str and 480 mas/hit/exp

I am missing a Serp gem myself, i got my helm at 1am est and had to be at work at 8am, i was not thinking when i gemmed it. i will redo it tonight and see if i need hit, exp or can gem str or mastery. I would love a thought on this for the PVE set.

My PVP gear is Dread where the PVE stuff is now, and i have 2 serps in that gear with 59% resil and i think 17 or 18% power.

what should the ratio of power vs resil be??
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Auro, work on getting hit and exp capped for pve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/06/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Tapdatt

You are unholy, and you raid heroic, so you are perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/06/2013 06:59 AMPosted by John
n comparison to the extra str from str gems, yes they are. Unless stat weights have changed drastically since the end of cata

Of course they have. Stat weights will change drastically from the beginning of this raid tier to the end of it.

02/06/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Tapdatt

Looking good, a cursory run through on wowreforge.com indicates that you might be able to get a little more haste, and a little closer to the hit /exp caps through reforging.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ok, no idea how to improve anyone. But I could use some help.

Edit: Of course I am in PvP, Wait till I get into some PvE gear, then i will need it.

Edit 2: But if anyone has any idea how to improve my PvP gear with enchants and gems it would be appreciated.
Edited by Xoolloon on 2/6/2013 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Personally if i were you i would get as much resil or str/resil, pvp power/resil combo gems i could fit in my gear.

i wish there was a way to swap gear here so i could look at my PVP pieces.

That is a great weapon, if i was 2h i would swap as much mastery for haste that i could.

i would not trade hit for exp and vice-versa, unless you are really under the cap of one of those two.

Where you could not swap for haste, swap for crit.

my gear is like yours, it is a mishmash of PVP and PVE gear, i need the Ilevel to do the other raids, and i need the PVP power and resil to not die in 5 secs in PVP, so i have some stuff not aptly gemmed for the other.

Once i get full sets of each:

Str>mast>hit>exp> till cap> haste since i DW,

if i go 2h then it is Haste>crit>exp > hit> mast ,

and all PVP will be resil/PVP power with a couple Str gems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
@Xoolloon

I guess you could start by at least attempting to Gem and Enchant your gear.

But first, replace the multiple pieces of tank gear you're using.

Gem for resilience over power. I do believe it's worth gemming for the stat bonuses for PvP gear.

Better yet, when you feel you are all geared/gemmed/enchanted and you feel you cannot improve on your own, pop another post on here.

Not being a !@# here, but you're not exactly giving us much to improve on besides the basics.

@Auroraabeth

Hit and Exp caps are always top priority for both PvP and PvE.
Edited by Warcrimes on 2/6/2013 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@Xoolloon

Gem for resilience over power. I do believe it's worth gemming for the stat bonuses for PvP gear.

Better yet, when you feel you are all geared/gemmed/enchanted and you feel you cannot improve on your own, pop another post on here.

Not being a !@# here, but you're not exactly giving us much to improve on besides the basics.

@Auroraabeth

Hit and Exp caps are always top priority for both PvP and PvE.

Looks good. The armory shows you at 6.47% hit, but you're draenei, so that actually makes it 7.47%, which is just a hair under the cap. Other than that, the only gripe I have is that the leggings don't go with the rest of the gear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@Conser

You may want to consider gemming haste instead of strength. +320 hastes in yellow sockets or in gear were the socket bonus isn't worth it, +160 haste/+80 strength gems in red sockets and +160 haste/+160 hit gems in blue sockets. Other then that though everything looks to be in order. Also good luck on getting another trinket to replace the ghost iron dragon!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
@Conser

You may want to consider gemming haste instead of strength. +320 hastes in yellow sockets or in gear were the socket bonus isn't worth it, +160 haste/+80 strength gems in red sockets and +160 haste/+160 hit gems in blue sockets. Other then that though everything looks to be in order. Also good luck on getting another trinket to replace the ghost iron dragon!

Don't really have anything to say other than good luck replacing your blues.
Edited by Areyn on 2/6/2013 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
@Xoolloon

I under stand about not being a $#)& head, I just suck at gemming and enchanting in general. Hopefully I will have a new and better post up soon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Pass the character audit:

7 unenchanted items
9 empty sockets in 6 items
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

Plus try to learn to use Blood Tap for unholy. You will thank me after you master it <3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@Conser

I have Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster sitting in my bank, but due to the raw stats, the ghost iron dragonling is better I think.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
you need to charge and execute more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]