No PvP BM Hunters nerfs?

70 Human Priest
They do way to much damage while stacking CDs and theres almost no way to stop it. BM shouldn't have Readiness. Back to back Rapid Fire with the 3200 power boost is retarded.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
01/31/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Mafic
This is the biggest reason why Adrenaline Rush was taken off Prep. I am surprised Blizzard hasn't done something yet.

Well yeah, if you ignore all the hot fixes (some actual fixes, others burst nerfs) they applied before 5.1, you would think Blizz is just letting BM run rampant through BGs and Arena...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
really blizz should find a way to make it impossibru to stack CDs but then you have to rebalance alot of other things...IE *insert expansion here* will fix it.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
I am leveling my hunter..for 5.2. DO NOT NERF BM until I am able to have some fun facerolling some PHD damn it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
So nerf one spec to make another more viable gotcha.

It is not the first time much like the increase on silence cd to encourage other tier talents.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
01/31/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Disctwo
They do way to much damage while stacking CDs and theres almost no way to stop it.

CC the pet...

CCing either the hunter or the pet stops BM damage by a lot.

Please, I wish blizzard would make us less reliable on cooldowns, most of them aren't even fun cooldowns.

Hunters finally viable, NERF NOW!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
It's not like Hunters haven't been asking for Readiness adjustments, which is the cause of the problem.

The problem isn't the cooldowns or BM's damage. The problem is that every spec is required to double up their offensive abilities with Readiness, which is inflating Beast damage and turning all 3 spec's PvE gameplay into buttonmashing cluster!@#$s, especially on the opener.

It just happens that Readiness works a bit too well with Beast as it can go burn mode twice in quick succession. I'd would very much love to see Readiness go back to Marks or only affect defensive utility (traps, T2 talents, Disengage, Deterrence, etc) and have the cooldown or durations on the abilities adjusted to compensate.

Rapid Fire could work for 20 seconds for example to simulate the double Rapids Hunters use on the opener in PvE, the T5 and 6 talents could do more damage or have lower cooldowns, etc. As it stands, we're balanced around Readiness doubling up our offensive tools when it's intended to be used to reset defensive tools for clutch situations and it's putting a block on what changes we could receive in PvP and is a large hindrance in the PvE Hunter gameplay.
Edited by Bullettime on 1/31/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I rather they just remove readiness and balance our cooldowns accordingly.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

i think r3 on bg9 as marks with disc priest and tosan(hunter god) saying marks is better than BM in high end arena is good enough
most hunters prob just like how easy bm is and how its gets big numbers (lol i crit that mage for 100k) where MM isnt as faceroll

it's capable, but a lot more demanding on the player. it's kinda like playing a pve sub rogue: lot harder to do good damage, but it's possible.

most hunters arent tosan, or close. he can get by with MM cause of player skill. regardless, MM still needs help, imo.

It's because Marks is a sustained damage spec more akin to a gatling gun and has to be more methodical. Meanwhile, Beast just sticks with Arms or Feral and facerolls their face on the keyboard to burst someone to death with their partner and Readiness to double up burst. Beast itself is easier to counter than Marks as well.

Making Readiness only reset defensive abilities (with tuning to the cooldowns to compensate,) would make Marks much more attractive as suddenly Beast can't burn-reset-burn to get wins.
Edited by Bullettime on 1/31/2013 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/31/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Kalorea
If they nerf BM in PVE because of PVP I will not be happy.

It doesn't need to be. They could make Readiness only affect defensive utilities and adjust the damage or cooldowns on the offensive skills to compensate. PvE Hunters would actually gain from this if they did the numbers right since it also stops the buttonmashing cluster!@#$ that is the opening 30 seconds for every Hunter spec.
Edited by Bullettime on 1/31/2013 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]