The Second Wind Nerf

90 Gnome Warrior
02/01/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Malfurios
Though considering our range capability is abysmal that is a small incentive for Blizz to leave us with slightly better survivability/mobility so we have a chance to get in and stay in melee.

To play devil's advocate, Rogues are in the same boat at having awful range capability.

Yes, I know... Nobody here thinks Rogues are okay and agree they should be better, and Rogues should be trying to get themselves improved instead of asking for everyone else to have a nerf. But someone had to say it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
To play devil's advocate, Rogues are in the same boat at having awful range capability.

Yes, I know... Nobody here thinks Rogues are okay and agree they should be better, and Rogues should be trying to get themselves improved instead of asking for everyone else to have a nerf. But someone had to say it.

That was the case.. Until the Shuriken Toss Buff and The new ability Cloak and Shadows in 5.2, they are going from melee only to melee and range.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/31/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Rëbecca
The only defensive nerf we are getting is D-stance to 15% and we wont be able to put out as much damage in D stance as we currently can.

D stance feels like the bubble that failed on PTR right now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Only way a warrior in dstance with a sword and board on to do decent damage would be to be prot. Also, last I checked, didn't Assassination rogues get an execute type ability they can start spamming at 35%? Sounds like you shouldn't have much trouble getting a kill on a warrior if you get him that low.

Assassination is not viable in pvp. At all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/01/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Noxwind
Seriously when you get to low health you just blind and go hide behind a pillar

If a rogue blinds you as a warrior and gets away to go heal...you suck.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Less then 3% with Healing in PvP reduction and Battle Fatigue Affecting it.
D-Stance is already receiving it's reasonable nerf. Stop Crying.
Throwing on a shield means reducing the amount of Damage a warrior can do by a good margin.

I am not the best player but I am not a bad rogue either.

When a warrior with just T1 gear charges me and stuns me. He applies 0 skill and can get me to 30%hp within 1 stun.

I can pop my CD's and last awhile and burst him down some.... Say I get him to 35% and pop my burst.

He goes into his godmode... And though his damage is limited with his shield out...im still at 34-45%hp with recups terrible ticks. and easily killed.

There is no skill there. None at all.

I didnt know D stance was being nerfed. This will balance things a lot more I hope. My main complaint is that second wind enables bad players to perform better than they should. Right now on live a bad warrior is a decent warrior because he has a severe handicap passive ability. I really do hope the D stance nerf eliminates this issue. I don't want warriors to be weak, I enjoy fighting against warriors they are my most challenging opponent. I'm not one of those rogues who thinks we should be god mode cata again (personally it wasnt rogues it was lolgendaries and vial but thats another argument)

I think that blizzard should at least try to balance pvp around 1v1. I know its based on 3v3 But I am ex glad, I know my class well and it is very upsetting to be brought to 30% by some scrub player who didnt even try. It's lame that second wind is so good they might as well remove the other two talents from the teir. I think warriors needed the love they got with MOP but I also think they got too much. Just like rogues should never have been given vial/lolgendaries in cata.
Edited by Whisper on 2/1/2013 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I am not the best player but I am not a bad rogue either.

When a warrior with just T1 gear charges me and stuns me. He applies 0 skill and can get me to 30%hp within 1 stun.

When a rogue opens up with a stun burst it takes zero skill. See what I did there?

I can pop my CD's and last awhile and burst him down some.... Say I get him to 35% and pop my burst.

He goes into his godmode... And though his damage is limited with his shield out...im still at 34-45%hp with recups terrible ticks. and easily killed.

Maybe start from stealth so YOU get the opener. And yah shields are great at blocking poisons and shadow damage...

There is no skill there. None at all.

Yes, we know, rogues need buffs. And you are getting them. But maybe the issue isn't with warriors.

I didnt know D stance was being nerfed. This will balance things a lot more I hope. My main complaint is that second wind enables bad players to perform better than they should. Right now on live a bad warrior is a decent warrior because he has a severe handicap passive ability. I really do hope the D stance nerf eliminates this issue. I don't want warriors to be weak, I enjoy fighting against warriors they are my most challenging opponent. I'm not one of those rogues who thinks we should be god mode cata again (personally it wasnt rogues it was lolgendaries and vial but thats another argument)

Bad warriors still die. Second wind doesn't heal stupidity.

I think that blizzard should at least try to balance pvp around 1v1. I know its based on 3v3 But I am ex glad, I know my class well and it is very upsetting to be brought to 30% by some scrub player who didnt even try. It's lame that second wind is so good they might as well remove the other two talents from the teir. I think warriors needed the love they got with MOP but I also think they got too much. Just like rogues should never have been given vial/lolgendaries in cata.

If you balance for 1v1 it screws up group pvp. Unneeded at best. Some of us do use the other two talents in pve because guess what, second wind is really not that good. Even tanks hardly use it serious raiding because it will almost never save them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
When a rogue opens up with a stun burst it takes zero skill. See what I did there?

You know as well as anyone that warrior burst is out of control.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/01/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Whisper

You know as well as anyone that warrior burst is out of control.

It's strong, not out of control. And we're not the only ones. Blizz isn't ready to tackle the burst issue at this time for whatever reason, but it is something that needs to be addressed across the board.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't rogues going up to 150 energy in 5.2? I dare say that will help with your burst.
Edited by Malfurios on 2/1/2013 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's strong, not out of control. And we're not the only ones.

Yup

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't rogues going up to 150 energy in 5.2? I dare say that will help with your burst.

Initially it was, but they toned it down to like 120-130 because shadow dance and our openers were a little too strong.
Reply Quote
1 - /\ they reduced it to 30 energy for their rogue set bonus not 50 anymore
2 - Rogues are bad and need buff fact
3 - Rogues need much more skill to play fact, but its also fact you all a bunch of cowards that only show your asses up when things are safe, otherwise you just sit and watch your team mate die, warriors kill or die, no !@#$%^-*!@ escape abilities. Except for leap sometimes lol.
4 - Warrior burst is not out of control, all other classes have pretty decent buffs, most of them can do it at distance! warriros only at melee range.
5 - 2nd wind is not good heal, i met mages that can't break my 2nd wind, i met mages that killed me in 10 secs as it never existed. What happened, it was a bug and my heal ability didn't work against 2nd player???
6 - Man, i don't know what to say, it's so impossible to argue with babies like you as it is with religious people. All they know to say is:

Because god wanted
Because god wanted
Because god wanted
Because god wanted...

Why don't you stun warr when he uses the cds? Useless, they will trinekt it
Why don't you stun warr when he at 35 and use ur offence cds? Useless, they will trinket it
Why don't you Blind warr and heal yourself? Useless, they will trinket it
Why don't you dismantle when warr uses shield wall? How i dismantle when he pops cd?
Why don't you dismantle when he pops cd? How i do when he in god mod at 35% and use Shield Wall?

1- If you have 2 bathrooms on your house you #$%^ed, you will pee on your pants coz you don't decide which one to go.
2- Man, i wish i could have all those trinkets lol,

So. STOP to -*!@ing QQ about other classes abilities, ppl like you made blizz make this game worse and worse, giving all classes same abilities/durations just with a diferent name... Soon even wariors will be able to stealth, it will be called "underground" Warrior got so much raped by mages after years, they learned to create their own burrows on floor to hide from them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I love the part where they openly admitted they are nerfing warriors hard.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
02/01/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Borracho
i met mages that can't break my 2nd wind

Were you watching the backs of their robes to see if they flutter?
Reply Quote

Second wind is passive. It will heal every warrior. Regardless of how stupid they can be. Make it active and your statement will be true.

Talking of stupidity.
Half the warriors on the first page didn't understand that second wind nerf was being reverted as of 2013/01/30 and the patch notes are dated of 2013/01/25. Even with a clear explanation from one of their fellow warrior.
I find it funnier then blizz admitting they nerfed warrior hard.
Edited by Plastoche on 2/2/2013 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Second wind is passive. It will heal every warrior. Regardless of how stupid they can be. Make it active and your statement will be true.

Talking of stupidity.
Half the warriors on the first page didn't understand that second wind nerf was being reverted as of 2013/01/30 and the patch notes are dated of 2013/01/25. Even with a clear explanation from one of their fellow warrior.
I find it funnier then blizz admitting they nerfed warrior hard.

Funnier is they admit they want to nerf priests hard :P
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
so is the stun nerf reverted or no?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/02/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Sheepflesh
so is the stun nerf reverted or no?

For now, yes. Second wind will be changed on the ptr to no longer stop when stunned.

Funnier is they admit they want to nerf priests hard :P

Bout time.
Edited by Malfurios on 2/2/2013 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]