Troll Monks

100 Undead Death Knight
Howdy, just a question, what would you describe as how a troll would become a monk/how they would act/etc. in a RP standpoint. I am planning on making one and would like some input if possible. Thanks in advance for any comments!
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
I actually have a 90 troll monk female, and its awesome animations

that aside monks in general dont have much lore to back em up, aside from pandaren, dwarfs possibly because of brewmasters

so, i always thought of my troll monk , as sort of a "villain" kung fu character, since trolls have that island/craziness background

it would work especially well, if u went duel wield claws, and dont glyph for jab
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
If you spec'd as mistweaver, I think it would be pretty cool actually. I've always pictured mistweavers as being extremely spiritual and even primal/shamanistic in the way they simply manipulate the water that's in the air to heal and work your chi which seems like a very trollish thing. It doesn't completely answer your question, but that's my input :D
Edited by Changxin on 2/2/2013 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I pictured troll brewmasters on a jungle brew of sorts thats gonna be the basis of my lore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Same way anyone became a monk. Taught by Pandaren, or taught by someone who was taught by Pandaren. Or so on and so forth.

Think about how that could fit in with jungle remedy stuff, Witch doctoring, Shadow Hunting, and Loa worship. If anything in Troll lore captivates you, go ahead and look for a way to mix it in.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I have a friend in-game who lived out on an island that was destroyed during the Cataclysm. He washed ashore on the Wandering Isle, and was sheltered and nursed back to health by Pandaren monks.
Reply Quote
If you've ever read the book "Shadows of the Horde", which is Vol'jin's story of recovery after Garrosh tried assassinating him, you'll come to understand that Vol'jin actually learned some of the monk forms as part of his recovery.

I am sure, that on returning to the Horde, and after the defeat of Garrosh, that Vol'jin would have openly encouraged his people to learn the monk arts as he experienced how effective they are. In fact after reading "Shadows of the Horde" I am certain that the trolls would have been the first of the Horde races to adopt the monk arts. It just seems to make sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]