Quick Tailoring/Enchanting Question

90 Gnome Warlock
Hey all,
I plan on power-leveling tailoring this weekend, and would like to level enchanting with it also. I was wondering if it would be better to focus on just leveling tailoring first and then saving the greens/craftables to be disenchanted later, or if it would be better to level both at the same time trying to keep them near the same level?
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
First, powerleveling tailoring is a major PITA. Buying Frostweave and Embersilk off of the AH is expensive and will be a road block to leveling.

That said, I would level enchanting with tailoring (and possibly jewelcrafting if you have another slot). It will add time to the process, however you can possibly scavenge additional skill-ups while making enough greens for enchanting materials.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Yea, I calculated the costs out to be around 9k to straight up power level tailoring from 1-600. Would farming the more expensive cloths be worth it though? I'd guess that it would help level enchanting, but it seems that it would take a long time to farm 1400 frostweave/all the other cloths. Thanks for the quick reply by the way
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
There is supposedly a lot of overfarming of the forgotten souls in IceCrown, which is the best farming spot for frostweave. You might give it a try once you learn cloth scavenging, but unless you are getting experience from questing, I would spend the coin.

For embersilk, depending on your AoE farming skills as a warlock (I was never that good with multi-dotting), you almost might be better off grabbing some potions of treasure finding and heading to Deepholm for Embersilk.

The nice thing about farming your own cloth is that scavenging increases the drop rate of cloth from WotLK on while you increase to odds of either random junk to disenchant for materials or to sell for transmog gear. I know nothing about the transmog market however.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Thanks once again for the reply, I think I'm just going to power level tailoring up until the Northrend levels, and then take your advice and farm frostweave/embersilk until I hit 525 while leveling enchanting. Do you have any tips for bag/bank space for all the mats and crafted objects? Thanks once again for the help Jozie
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The plague quarter of Naxx 10 is also a good spot for frostweave. Clearing the hallway with all the frenzied bats takes maybe three minutes and is usually good for 4-5 stacks. Obviously you'd need to do this more than once to get enought for tailoring.

Deepholm (Stonehearth area) is far and away the best place for embersilk. Pop a treasure finding potion and go to town. I usually come up with 55-60 stacks in an hour of farming, and that's if there are other people around doing the same. You'll also get bunches of greens to disenchant and volatiles to use for dreamcloth (illusionary bags still sell pretty well, at least on my server).

edit: On storage space... unless you've got lots of low-level alts that you want to fit with enchants, don't save most of the low-level enchanting mats once you're done with them. I saved lots of the low-level stuff, to the point where I had 2 36-slot enchanting bags full (mostly with junk) and finally realized I'd almost never used 95% of it. For cloth, make bolts as much as possible. If you can set up a bank guild, or at least a mule alt with a bunch of 16+ slot bags, you should have plenty of storage space.
Edited by Pyri on 2/1/2013 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
It is easier if you do both in tandem. Items that you create with tailoring can be DE into mats for enchanting. If your tailoring out strips your enchanting profession, you'll reach a point where you can no longer DE the items you create, which will not be good.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Superdotman
Yea, I calculated the costs out to be around 9k to straight up power level tailoring from 1-600. Would farming the more expensive cloths be worth it though? I'd guess that it would help level enchanting, but it seems that it would take a long time to farm 1400 frostweave/all the other cloths. Thanks for the quick reply by the way

Most of the cloth are now easily farmed, especially if you're a warlock. Embersilk especially, you should not buy these. Go to Deepholm and AoE down those packs of Troggs fighting dwarfs, you'll be loaded with tons with Embersilk in no time.

When I farm those with my warlock, I go demo spec. 1 or AoE spell and the entire pack dies. Pretty easy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
02/01/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Cyberelle

Most of the cloth are now easily farmed, especially if you're a warlock. Embersilk especially, you should not buy these. Go to Deepholm and AoE down those packs of Troggs fighting dwarfs, you'll be loaded with tons with Embersilk in no time.

When I farm those with my warlock, I go demo spec. 1 or AoE spell and the entire pack dies. Pretty easy.

Thanks for the great advice all, Cyberelle, are you saying that I should farm all of the cloth 1-600? If so, how many hours should that take? Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]