Do horde or alliance win more bgs?

90 Human Priest
Are there any statistics on it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
No just alliance claiming horde win all the time & vice versa, which means it's probably close to 50/50. If you want to win then play better than the other team. Faction has nothing to do with it.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Hunter
Its pretty even. Premades on either side can make a huge difference and the games where both sides have premades can be pretty great. Time of day can also matter but to a lesser extent.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
according to the oq sinx, alliance have like 80% win ratio in av/isle of crap, and horde have a 55-66ish in the other bgs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
according to the oq sinx, alliance have like 80% win ratio in av/isle of crap, and horde have a 55-66ish in the other bgs.
That actually sounds about right, although 66% seems rather high (probably more like 55%).
Reply Quote
Better than average players win more games.

But that doesn't mean you'll have over a 50% win ratio. Things such as solo queueing, entering in-progress games, leaving games early, etc will all effect your w/l ratio.

02/02/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Stormspellx

I believe MMO Champ had a stat on this a few years ago. Horde won 55% of BGs, but Alliance dominated the 40 man BGs.

55%-45% is still pretty even.
Reply Quote
22 Blood Elf Paladin
There must be some way of more accurately measuring this, right?

Is there no realm-pop type website that gathers statistics for this purpose?

My personal experience, and the experience of every single horde player I am friends with, is that we can not come close to a 50% win rate.

To test this data, a few months back I created an alliance alt, and hey whadya know, suddenly I am up above 50%

The ratio based on my experiences, and of those who I have conversations with, is that horde win about 35 to 40%, alliance 60 to 65%

That said, these percentages are based on small sample sizes. 50, 100, 500 BGs, etc... AND it spans all levels and brackets, so I would personally like to see some real data based on a larger sample size.

Absent that type of analysis, if you are someone who just wants to run and enjoy BGs casually, my strong advice is to roll Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Solo queue on both factions, my win rate is about 55%.

Queueing with 3-4 friends, my win rate on both factions is about 75%.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I must have horrible luck because I win only about 40% of the time. It isn't me, I go for objectives, help FCs, help get our flag back if there are too many healers on D, try to capture or heal those trying to capture nodes, etc.

All I get are midiot groups, no matter the level bracket, no matter the faction. Makes me almost want to quit PvP all together! Almost!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Data from OQ

Horde win more BGs overall 57%(horde) to 43%(alliance)

Without AV and IOC which alliance win handily, this number would be far more exaggerated in favor of the horde.
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Paladin
I've played about 1500 random BGs on eleven different horde toons and I have a win percentage of around 39%.

When I use oQueue, that goes up to about 95%.

I trust the data that says 50%-50%, but that has not been my experience.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Data from OQ

Horde win more BGs overall 57%(horde) to 43%(alliance)

Without AV and IOC which alliance win handily, this number would be far more exaggerated in favor of the horde.

Yeah according to OQ horde wins more, if your statistics are correct i'd say that's very balanced i was expecting something more uneven a 14% difference then again if you have a premade team this should hardly even matter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If you want to win then have luck and be grouped with geared and skilled players, against ungeared and unskilled baddies.

Fixed that for you.

Doesn't help you much if you're the only one who knows what he's doing in a BG where your whole team is severely outgeared, outskilled, outhealed.
Edited by Elocyn on 2/2/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'd predict that the OQ figure is going to be skewed. Simple reason is horde use it more than alliance. Since it's used to make premades for random battlegrounds, it's not going to have much data on random vs random bgs. Instead it's premade vs premade and premade vs random. If horde are indeed using the addon more, and we assume that a premade vs random heavily favors the premade, then OQ will predict that horde wins more random bgs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I can only speak for myself. Horde wins about 4 out of 5 random bgs I queue for. Most of the time they just seem more organized.
Edited by Sarvan on 2/2/2013 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
For solo-queued BGs in Cata, this guy is at 57% win/loss.
Edited by Sñuff on 2/3/2013 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
from solo queing, I've won around 60% of my BGs on both horde and alliance. I've had runs of 13 straight wins on this char, and other 10 game winning streaks. (at max lvl), went 7-1 in WSG on an alt one night, went 4-5 the next. Went 26-17 in WSG on my horde alt while lvling from 10 to 85. (didn't lvl completely in BGs).

Anyway,
if you get better at objectives and realize where you are best fit to help your team and get there, interrupt/cc/kill healers and prioritze your targets as a dps or learn how to stay alive and heal on your healer. You should win 60%+ of your BGs no matter waht class, spec or faction you are on. Sure you'll have some loong losing streaks but you'll have long winning streaks from time to time as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/02/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Wickedwill
Yeah according to OQ horde wins more, if your statistics are correct i'd say that's very balanced i was expecting something more uneven a 14% difference then again if you have a premade team this should hardly even matter.
You have to understand that horde have more premades than alliance and 57/43 ratio sounds about right. I'm pretty sure OQueue only tracks BGs where at least one of the teams is an OQueue team (it doesn't track non-OQueue BGs).

I'd predict that the OQ figure is going to be skewed. Simple reason is horde use it more than alliance. Since it's used to make premades for random battlegrounds, it's not going to have much data on random vs random bgs. Instead it's premade vs premade and premade vs random. If horde are indeed using the addon more, and we assume that a premade vs random heavily favors the premade, then OQ will predict that horde wins more random bgs.
Yup
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/3/2013 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Queue up with friends, 60% of the time it works every time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]