5.2 Spirit Shell: Heroic modes only?

02/02/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Morenn
Your numbers leave out DA, incidentally. (And the crit modifier meta, but that's probably fine to exclude for now.)

Fair enough, I will add them in :)

Also I apologize if I've come off as hostile. I really genuinely appreciate you contributing both your position and actual PTR numbers.
Reply Quote
You get aegis on normal heals (when they crit) too?

In 5.2 the formula for SS is just (chance of non-crit)*(non-crit value) + (chance of crit)*(crit + aegis value).

If you were to cast infinity "normal" PoH's (with no procs or anything), add up their total healing + overhealing + aegis generated, and divide by the number of PoH casts, you would get exactly the size of 5.2 SS.

This is exactly what I've been assuming.

And Ama, you're right that it will be used to reduce overhealing. I hadn't considered that.

Still, I'm sad that the shiny new toy will be mostly irrelevant to casual PVE.
Reply Quote
Ah ok, I see what you are saying now.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Circe

No, it isn't. You will still use it at the exact same times you do now. It is just a little less oomph-y, but still *far* more reliable than hoping all of your heals crit.

02/02/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Circe
Also I apologize if I've come off as hostile. I really genuinely appreciate you contributing both your position and actual PTR numbers.

Not at all. Hopefully, I have not either, just.. there is absolutely no reason not to use Spirit Shell. Not using it will force you/your co-healers to put out much more burst healing when it is not used than you would if it were used.
Edited by Morenn on 2/2/2013 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Morenn

No, it isn't. You will still use it at the exact same times you do now. It is just a little less oomph-y.

I suppose so. As has been pointed out, it will reduce randomness and overhealing.

Also just for the sake of calling it early, I'm totally predicting a tier bonus down the line that either ups healing or reduces mana costs during SS. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
2 heal normal mode windlord as disc with druid or monk, in a group with mediocre dps (getting at least 4 "+150% damage" rain of blades)...
-without using SSh
-then with SSh

That's how "worthless" SSh will be in 5.2.

If it makes the fight easier it to heal, and people have a lower chance of dying, it has value. Even in normal mode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]