To go Horde or Alliance?

34 Pandaren Priest
I have always played Alliance but am curious about playing Horde.

Any other long time Alli players gone Horde and really enjoyed it?
Reply Quote
Alliance is the best stay there and enjoy the game
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/03/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
Play both factions, you experience both sides and different stories.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I spent the first 3 years as alliance only, then from BC to LK as horde. During LK and forward, I played both.

You really miss out on a lot just being stuck to one side, and more often than not plain perspective goes out the window.

I can't count the times how often alliance and horde have claimed the other faction is nothing but 12 year olds.
Reply Quote
34 Pandaren Priest
02/03/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Simbafghf
Alliance is the best stay there and enjoy the game

Oh lol that sounds promising for the Horde!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The Horde is interesting if one has been Alliance for a long time.
You notice a different atmosphere than what you would be used to. How the people react. The players, and everything are different under the red banner. I stick with the Alliance, but trust me, it's not harmful to go Horde for a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You will get new stories and lore.

Why not? It's not going to hurt anything. Your Alliance toons will always be there when you want them.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Monk
I play both.

Honestly, Horde's a bit better at PvE and Alliance at PvP, but that's literally the only difference I've noticed. That's absolutely where the differences stop, imo.

It's easier to manage being fully one faction on one server, but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I have always stuck with Alliance. Created a Horde toon and got her up to 90. Hung around a bit before transferring over to the Alliance.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the fact that all my friends are Ally, or maybe it's just my realm (I doubt it), but Alliance feels more comfortable as a home.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I played Alliance for years, went to Horde and been here ever since. But I went Horde because my IRL friends refused to be Alliance, kinda ironic because now they want to play Alliance and RP.

"shrugs"

Doesn't matter to me really, I out level them really fast.

"nibbles on toast"

/HighPaw
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It depends how important the story is to you.

I can't play through the Horde story without feeling like a real creep.
Reply Quote
34 Pandaren Priest
I have always stuck with Alliance. Created a Horde toon and got her up to 90. Hung around a bit before transferring over to the Alliance.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the fact that all my friends are Ally, or maybe it's just my realm (I doubt it), but Alliance feels more comfortable as a home.

Yeah this is what bothers me, I feel so comfortable and at home with Alliance and don't want to end up paying for a race change :) But curiosity may get the better of me!
Reply Quote
34 Pandaren Priest

Story line is not huge to me so I guess that would not be a problem.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
02/03/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Lunashadou
Story line is not huge to me so I guess that would not be a problem.

If you're not big on story/lore then there's really no reason to play the Horde. But if you have any interest in the story at all then you really owe it to yourself to see it from both sides.
Reply Quote
24/7
Horde

Allie pally to level 10 7 years ago....... saw Org on mates rogue never looked back only when leveling in CRZ o.O
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Join me in glory, Sister!
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Priest

This is why I left the Horde. Story is really important to me, and, after Cataclysm, I no longer felt like a member of the faction that had to claw its way up to survive. I felt like a Captain Planet supervillain, constantly spreading blight here, pillaging there, murdering innocent civilians because some green-skinned psycho told me to do it.

That druid is permanently retired in Mulgore with her fingers in her ears, pretending her entire faction aren't murderous lunatics. :P

THAT said, there ARE some interesting stories Horde-side, and if you've never played it, and you don't mind a little murder and mayhem, it's not "bad". Just different - too different for me. I highly recommend that you at least get to 20 and head over to Hillsbrad so you can meet Johnny Awesome though ;)
Edited by Trinxie on 2/3/2013 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
STL
Once you go Horde you'll be saying "Thank you Lord"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Vox
By only playing one faction, you are missing 50% of the game.

There is no difference player wise, and the stories on both sides are worth playing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]