Too many instances: change the threshold?

90 Goblin Warrior

All of us who contemplated cancelling our accounts because our raid group couldnt zone in because some teleport bot in DM was checking dusky tomes 40x/hour

It pops up once in a while now, where servers are busy, so ANY more unnecessary strain is bad, keep in mind, we have the random dungeon and raid finders now, which have generated a ton more legitimate instances, the 5x/hour that's in place for solo and non random content is a safeguard that these 1000's of new instances aren't bogging the servers down enough to completely inconvenience players. You having to do a run every 12 mins is better than a 25 man raid of players quitting the game.

At least someone remembers why they put the limit in there in the first place. Stupid hunter bots farming tomes/gordok tribute chest.

But it is rather silly that they refuse to at least extend the lockout rule. I've had several instances where my whole raid has been locked out for an hour over hasty raid lockout resets due to conflicting IDs.

Then again, if they push more guilds to 25 man, then they will have more instances available...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/04/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Faderoll
But it is rather silly that they refuse to at least extend the lockout rule. I've had several instances where my whole raid has been locked out for an hour over hasty raid lockout resets due to conflicting IDs.

I've never encountered this? but I havent been in a raid near reset time in years either.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
"Transfer Aborted: Instance Not Found" has nothing to do with instance server overloading. The correct error you're thinking of that happened during Ulduar was something about too many instances being created recently and to try again later. At the time, it was because the game was in its prime during Wrath and Blizzard did not anticipate the increased instance server load, especially after Ulduar was released.

The former error means the instance server it's attempting to put you on crashed, and a crash can happen for a multitude of reasons beyond simple overload.
Edited by Thecheat on 2/4/2013 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior

I've never encountered this? but I havent been in a raid near reset time in years either.

You probably never raided with people who like to randomly try and do heroic bosses with other groups either. Some people...

The above incident also happened on a thursday
Edited by Faderoll on 2/4/2013 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]