Ret playstyle

90 Human Paladin
Exo does hit hard, and should be prioritized pretty high, but it's not quite top priority, because some attacks do hit harder still (ES, HoW, TV). Keeping Inq up is also higher priority; delaying Exo by one GCD is preferable to losing a large chunk of the spell's damage by not having Inq up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You want to use tv or keep inq up over exo even if it procs.

Priority is like this if i remember correctly:

Keep inq up>tv at 5hopo>how>exo>cs>judge. While judgment does hit harder than cs due to cs's shorter cd you want to use cs first so they dont come off cd at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Waiting? ..Cooldowns?... you need to reroll Bro... .I'm tired of people ( not just you ) complaining about ret pally's.... there is NOTHING WRONG WITH RET !... the problem lies in the player.... First get your STAT priority straight.. ..next rotation ( situation is a FACTOR ! ) ... plenty of websites out there to help.. after 6 years an 3 accounts all Ret pallys.... at 90 in PVP/arena/PVE.. I'm never EVER waiting to cast/click something !.. We got CDS out the Wazoo~.. Freedoms ! Heals ! ( btw 5.2 ret LOL buff me ok?.. ty blizz you clowns..).. If your Unhappy play something else.. but its not the spec/class.. its your playstyle....maby you should research it eh?....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Priority is like this if i remember correctly:

Keep inq up>tv at 5hopo>how>exo>cs>judge. While judgment does hit harder than cs due to cs's shorter cd you want to use cs first so they dont come off cd at the same time.

Not necessarily. Judgment causes a debuff on the target that raise CS/TV damage by 4%. But yes, it wouldnt make much difference a 4% buff in one skill.

And btw, 5 HP TV is not a priority, is a misleading advice.

You should prioritize HP generators over TV, excluding 2 situations:

a) If you hit 5 HP cap
b) If all HP generators are on CD

Holy Prism isnt that worse than Execution Sentence. Even if you ignore that it heals players around and that it can do a nice AoE damage if casted on a friendly target, single-target wise is pretty competitive with Execution Sentence. ES can only be better if you are pretending to use with all CDs up (and in between), but even then is a small margin that HP can cover if you use it for AoE damage now and then.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Exo is one of our hardest hitting abilities. Letting it sit off cd while you.....?

Is wasted dps. The fact that it procs at all is designed to be a dps increasing mechanic. You play a ret pally right?

Are you !@#$ing serious?

You need to relax on the nerd rage bro. This is a civil forum.

Edit: go tinker some phase fingers on your gloves and talent SW before you start waving your smelly epeen around... lol

Cute. You still haven't shown that you have much clue to what you are talking about. Armory trolling doesn't further your point, just shows you don't have one.

Thanks for catching the tinker, they're right next to each other in the recipe list and I obviously wasn't paying attention. And are you telling me to use SW for dailies? It would fit with your 'expert' advise, but I don't want to make wild assumptions like you.

Just like disagreeing isn't trolling, telling you that you are wrong and to please stop imparting people with your wrongness isn't epeen waving. I dunno, maybe learn what words mean too.

I am starting to get the feeling that you post and respond out of sheer narcissism. As such, you're pretty much a troll and not worth my, or anyone's, time. But hey, as long as you are keeping yourself entertained, right?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/05/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Niconious
Waiting? ..Cooldowns?... you need to reroll Bro... .I'm tired of people ( not just you ) complaining about ret pally's.... there is NOTHING WRONG WITH RET !... the problem lies in the player.... First get your STAT priority straight.. ..next rotation ( situation is a FACTOR ! ) ... plenty of websites out there to help.. after 6 years an 3 accounts all Ret pallys.... at 90 in PVP/arena/PVE.. I'm never EVER waiting to cast/click something !.. We got CDS out the Wazoo~.. Freedoms ! Heals ! ( btw 5.2 ret LOL buff me ok?.. ty blizz you clowns..).. If your Unhappy play something else.. but its not the spec/class.. its your playstyle....maby you should research it eh?....

Any good advice you may have posted was overshadowed by your pr1ck attitude. I asked a simple question and got some good feedback, most of which reinforced the fact that at my level and gear I may see brief periods of inactivity in my playstyle.

I really do hope this is your least played alt, because someone with not even TES LFR experience is hardly in a position to talk as an expert. 6 years?, I've been playing 8. This pally alt is probably older than any of your characters, just not played very often.

And what is it with the use of .....? Is that how they write in your country?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For whenever starting a battle, get 3 holy power then keep Inquisition on at all times. Refresh at 3 Holy Power at 1 second left. Practice or get a mod to track buffs if you have to.

Inq>TV5>HoW>Exo>CS>Judge. Use TV3 when other abilites are on cooldown. Use exo proc right away unless TV5

For burns. Pop AW and GoAK.

Inq>TV3>TV5>HoW>Exo>CS>Judge.

Level 90 Talents are Situational. If you know how to macro, Holy Prism becomes very powerful for quick AoE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Long Hair
Don't care.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/04/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Invincible
Once you start going up in ilvl and your haste increases those "blank spots" will begin to occur less and less frequently.
no they won't
haste reduces the global and the cd, as you get more and more haste you still do the same rotation, just faster. the gaps will still be there, just shorter.
02/05/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Invincible
When you gonna down some heroic bosses, champ?

when are you going to finish hof normal?
Edited by Tharna on 2/22/2013 1:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/05/2013 03:09 AMPosted by Ravicana
Exo does hit hard, and should be prioritized pretty high, but it's not quite top priority, because some attacks do hit harder still (ES, HoW, TV). Keeping Inq up is also higher priority; delaying Exo by one GCD is preferable to losing a large chunk of the spell's damage by not having Inq up.

I use quartz to time the best moment to use my exo proc without wasting the chance of another. I watch PvP streams where Rets will let Art of War just sit as a pretty gold circle. TV and HoW have higher priority, but letting Art of War fall off or refresh itself is a dps loss.
Edited by Dainerys on 2/22/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]