Tauren,Taunka, Or Yaungol

90 Tauren Shaman
If everyone died except for these three races, who would win in a 3 way fight.

I'd say Yaungol since they burn all the druids, and they are prepared for war, the taunka have been through a lot of stuff but they don't have siege weapons or anything of that kind.

What's your pick?

(This is before we went into pandaria and killed off most of the yaungol)
Edited by Jitzarbek on 2/3/2013 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yaungal with a tough fight given by the tuanka. The Tauren would be out in the first round after they gave half weapons, their water, and an outpost in order to appease the Yaungal
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Yaungol, because they know the secret to making a good burger.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
It would be a depressing fight. Like watching three weak, uncoordinated sops stumble around trying to fight each other.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/03/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Gandred
It would be a depressing fight. Like watching three weak, uncoordinated sops stumble around trying to fight each other.

I can picture each group about to charge and they are all running around cheering but they each kill half their men from their horns ramming eachother by accident.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The tauren have the united societal structure and sheer numbers to just steamroll the other two.

The taunka are a joke by comparion - a couple of scattered villages heavily reduced in size by the Scourge during the Wrath era, with a racial leader that, although a strong shaman and warrior, would almost certainly get steamrolled by Baine Bloodhoof, Hamuul Runetotem or Muln Earthfury.

The yaungal have more numbers than the taunka, but they have no central banner or figurehead to rally around - they're a bunch of tribes, not a nation. Their warriors might be stronger on average, but the tauren could take them apart piecemeal.

I mean, just look at the gulf that separates the tauren capitol city, Thunder Bluff, with the taunka capitol at Icemist Village - while the yaungol are still primarily living in temporary settlements.

The tauren also have trump cards like an air force of wind riders, more diversity in their ranks (both taunka and youngol lack druids and paladins), and better equipment for their heavy infantry - few taunka or yaungol wear full sets of armor.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The only real strength they have is Horde backing, with that they would have been wiped out by the centaurs years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/03/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Chorrol
The only real strength they have is Horde backing, with that they would have been wiped out by the centaurs years ago.

The tauren are much stronger now as a united force than they were fifteen years ago.

Also it's worth noting that much the same goes for both the other two - without Horde backing, the taunka would have been wiped out by the Scourge, and unless they had gone fleeing past the wall the yaungol would have been wiped out by the sha-touched mantid.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Chorrol

Which I don't think was ever represented very well in WoW. The centaur were suppose to still be a huge threat capable of still wiping them out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
@ kruze

Play their starting zone, they are in desperate strength against the quillboar. They are hardly united, Grimtotem says hi, which are Tuaren much as the rest are.
And another thing to consider, that have, as of yet to provide any solid military back outside their physical strength. Druid don 't count for much when they mainly used with the nights elves.
They are a tribe, backward who are brought by their allies. Unwilling to fight, at times even for their survival.

@Searik
And you can't honestly put the Centuar in the same league with the Scourge or the Mantid, that us just plain insulting.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/04/2013 02:45 AMPosted by Chorrol
Play their starting zone, they are in desperate strength against the quillboar.

One backwater town being harassed by a quillboar raiding party. Hardly a major threat.

They are hardly united, Grimtotem says hi

One rogue tribe does not complete disunity make. For reference, imagine EVERY yaungol tribe as the Grimtotem and you'll get the gist of what I'm saying.

And another thing to consider, that have, as of yet to provide any solid military back outside their physical strength. Druid don 't count for much when they mainly used with the nights elves.

Sunwalkers, the Great Hunt, and the Earthen Ring are all tauren-created or tauren-backed organizations. Even the uprising that led to the crash of the Skyseeker was led by a tauren.

They are a tribe, backward who are brought by their allies. Unwilling to fight, at times even for their survival.

There has never been a time when the tauren did not take up arms when their continued existence was at stake.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Do the zone, that is hardly a small tribe. They are losing ground to them.

That's doesn't make sense the Yaugal are there on tribe. And the point of the Grrimtotem
Was to show that they were not united, as the Grimtotem are plains Tuaren much like the player totem.

How often have they used them to actually hold and defend their land. Yes, I am talking about Tauajo, and yes and I am talking about the current invasion of the quilboar.
Also, two of those hardly count. The great hunt, seriously.

Baine, Camp Taurajo, that is all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/04/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Chorrol
Do the zone, that is hardly a small tribe. They are losing ground to them.

Compared to the whole quillboar race? Yes, it's a tiny group. And Camp Narache fends them off just fine with the aid of their braves (aka the players).

That's doesn't make sense the Yaugal are there on tribe. And the point of the Grrimtotem
Was to show that they were not united, as the Grimtotem are plains Tuaren much like the player totem.

All the tauren tribes except one have joined together in a single nation, do you understand what I'm saying?

The yaungol have not - each group does whatever it feels like and acts with total independance, that's why we're able to take them apart piece by piece in Kun-lai and repeatedly off their leaders.

How often have they used them to actually hold and defend their land. Yes, I am talking about Tauajo, and yes and I am talking about the current invasion of the quilboar.
Also, two of those hardly count. The great hunt, seriously.

Baine, Camp Taurajo, that is all.

As you noted above, they're fighting off the quillboar and the Grimtotem in Mulgore.

Tauren lead the efforts against the Alliance base at Honor's Stand, before the story gets hijacked by orc chesthumping.

The tauren chief kills General Grebo in Stonetalon when he finds out Grebo murdered his son.

Tauren fight to retake Freewind Post in Thouand Needles from the Grimtotem.

Baine himself took a group of Sunreavers that matched or even exceeded the Kor'kron's abilities when he went in to rescue Garrosh's dumb !@# from the quillboar.

Dezco in Krasarang beats the snot out of the mogu that attacks his friend Krog.

Tauren fight in the invasion at Northwatch and Theramore.

Tauren fight constantly. Only a shallow idiot would look at one incident and declare the tauren to be total pacifists.

EDIT: Because I forgot a big one - Gann Stonespire, a tauren, masterminded the total destruction of the dwarven stronghold at Bael Modan with the help of a goblin buddy. Get back to me when the yaungol or taunka manage anything on that level.
Edited by Kurze on 2/4/2013 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You have been looking at the wrong map, the Quilboar holdings in that area are larger then the Tuarens.
Also, how can you say it's doing fine when the Greatmother is dead and a lot of those braves have been captured by the Quilboar.

And this they are not united, in the context you used. The Tauren are not united as people as large groups like the Grimtotem are still running rogue.
Also i never argue the Yaugal were united. Just that the comparison of them been a rogue tribe liken to the Grimtotem to the Tauren was bad comparison.

And those same Tauren were banished by Baine,, thus making their contribution to Tuaren military null and void for future consideration

And where were those Sunwalkeers when the Braves at Camp Narache when the area was assaulted and the Tauren killed, were any at Vengence point? No.

For the third time, actually do the Mulgore, one of most depression zones. Gives you the feeling that the Tuaren are on their last legs. And from we have seen of Biane and their leadership and their pacifist nature.

It's their own damn fault.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Going with the Yaungol on this one.

The Taunka are too few in number and the Tauren are currently lead by Baine, which means their War Wagons now have 1 gear in foward and 4 in reverse.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Tauren, they've got more classes.
Reply Quote
I'd have to give it to the Yaungol.

1) They have siege weapons.
2) They use cavalry.
3) They have a more aggressive culture.
4) They use napalm.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Taounka.
They fought the scourge/elementals/giants/gorlocks/alliance and are still there.
The yaoungol where wiped out by the mantid who have tried for thousands of years to breach a single wall.
The taouren where nearly wiped out by centaurs who where a big force back then but easily moped up by the orcs and trolls.
Without the horde the taouren are nothing, the youngol where always nothing.

I'm Wilford Brimley and this post gave me diabetes.

The United Tauren tribes would destroy the Taunka and Yaungol combined. Tauren have better numbers, technology (metallurgy, guns, black powder explosives), heavy armored cavalry, and leadership.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]