server?

90 Draenei Shaman
I am thinking of making a roleplay character and would like to know what servers have a good amount of roleplay and which factions that may help me decide since i am not loyal to a specific faction.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Moongaurd and Wyrmrest Accord. I think MG has more people, but the danger is Goldshire. Cenarion Circle is also really nice on Horde-side, at least.

BAM.

/thread
Reply Quote
77 Night Elf Druid
First of all, check out the stickies at the top of the forum. They will help you to get into role play with some tips on what to do and what NOT to do.

As far as servers go I find Cenarion Circle very welcoming to new rpers. Moonguard is great, lots of rp, but also a few very bad ones and people looking for cybers*x. Avoid them or just powerlevel through the beginners area like Goldshire and Silvermoon City.

Wyrmrest is good too, lots of rp both sides, but they can be a bit cliquey. This is nothing personal. Most really good rpers are a bit standoffish because they get griefed by trolls and immature people who do NOT rp or just want to be jerks.

Do research on the race of choice and read as much as you can find about the lore. Make sure you are courteous and ask in whispers before you try to join in on a scene you see playing out. Keep in mind some people do not like being interrupted. Others will welcome your input. Type your conversation using good grammar and spelling. Do NOT use chatspeak like "lol".

Rp can be daunting when you first start doing it. Look at is as a play or live theatre. You are an actor and you are also the writer and the director.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
thanks for the one thought but i will wait to hear more than just the one comment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The AD alliance community seems pretty welcoming to newcomers. I'd make a level one and "/join unitedad" channel and talk to people.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
alright from the sounds of it i will go with moongaurd, but not sure what faction/race/class yet.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I would like to put for for your consideration the RP/PVP server, The Venture Co.

Since our population is smaller than others, we have a great sense of community and are proud of what we have built. you will find most of the citizens welcoming and helpful, whichever faction you choose.

(but go Horde, we are better)
Reply Quote
I too would like to add RP-PvP... If not for what Aovi said

Since our population is smaller than others, we have a great sense of community and are proud of what we have built. you will find most of the citizens welcoming and helpful, whichever faction you choose.

then for the simple fact that it is more realistic and not so....carebear.

I'm Horde right? Let's say I see some alliance dog snooping around Durotar... OH NO! I'm on Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord...or any RP realm... Too bad. So sad, kill you in a bg later (Unless they are flagged for PvP).

ORRRRR------------

Scene Two, same... Alliance dog in Durotar.

RP-PvP server. I can attack (or not if I don't want to but they could attack me even if I choose not to) and kill them on sight. We are in a war. Alliance vs. Horde. Kill on sight is a given for full immersion. Besides... All out World PvP wars are AWESOME... can you do this on a regular carebear RP realm, SURE....as long as everyone marks themselves for PVP. *shrug* I don't wanna wait for some alliance pushdog to decide he is READY to fight a war. He signed up, it's fight time.

Ravenholdt - RP-PvP realm, check our community at http://www.ravenholdt.us

Very strong and committed community both Horde and Alliance side!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]