OoM Episode #4 (2/8) : Levelling as a Healer

Hello all,

This week's episode will focus on what it is like to level as a healer.

Questions or Comments? You may mail us at oompodcast@gmail.com, tweet them to us @oompodcast, or leave them here.

We will try to answer as many questions as we can, but if there are any we don't have time to address, we will attempt to follow up with them here or on IRC at http://outofmana.me/healchat/ .

edit: There will also be a give away during this Friday's episode rewarding a Cinder Kitten. You must be present during the live cast to be eligible. Details to follow as they are hashed out.
Edited by Morenn on 2/4/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
You will definitely want people who play different classes to discuss this. The experience as a shaman is *way* different than the experience priests have these days.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/04/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Taymatt
You will definitely want people who play different classes to discuss this. The experience as a shaman is *way* different than the experience priests have these days.
\

We have plenty of different people, but you are right.
Reply Quote
Indeed. :) As long as we do not have people out sick/family issues this time we should have people to cover all classes, or in my case one person to cover all classes as I have all at 90.

Ok, just joking about that last bit, though I do, in fact, have every healing class at 90. :P

edit: Words, apparently I do NOT have them sometimes.
Edited by Morenn on 2/5/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Taymatt

A lot of us have played various healers :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I've leveled all but Paladin to at least 80, myself, as healers.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/04/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Morenn
edit: There will also be a give away during this Friday's episode rewarding a Cinder Kitten. You must be present during the live cast to be eligible. Details to follow as they are hashed out.

Kitteh!!!

>.>

<.<

What?

But seriously though, one topic that would be helpful for people new to healing/leveling a healer would be the value of trying a few random BGs while leveling, and what to expect in them. For example, a quick overview of the BGs available, and what a healer should do in a carry-the-flag one vs. a capture-and-protect-a-base one vs. a giant zerg-fest one. I think a lot of new players/healers are intimidated by PvP, and it may help to give them a few pointers that might make them more comfortable with the idea of warriors trying to punch them in the face. I learned so much healing BGs on this toon that does carry over to PvE.

Another decent topic for leveling healers would be a brief intro to the various tank classes/specs, and what they can expect from each (AKA, welcome to Outland, enjoy your DW Unholy DK tank!).

Kitteh!
Reply Quote
We will definitely try to hit upon both of those topics Pipi and yes...

KITTEH

(is 4 fite)

Wait what?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Suggestion:

Make it easier to find your podcasts.

There's no link/address for your podcast in these wow forum posts (maybe for legitimate reasons)
If you search Twitch for "out of mana podcast" it comes up with nothing.

Last Friday at 3:45pm PST, I finally dug up the Twitch TV link, but it wasn't for the new podcast. Just the old one. It wasn't until 4:15 the new stream was available.

Great content. If you were organized better, you'd have more followers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Suggestion:

Make it easier to find your podcasts.

There's no link/address for your podcast in these wow forum posts (maybe for legitimate reasons)
If you search Twitch for "out of mana podcast" it comes up with nothing.

Last Friday at 3:45pm PST, I finally dug up the Twitch TV link, but it wasn't for the new podcast. Just the old one. It wasn't until 4:15 the new stream was available.

Great content. If you were organized better, you'd have more followers.

Follow us on Twitter, all the links aare up there @oompodcast

But the list of links are as followed;
Twitch; twitch.tv/oompodcast
Youtube; youtube.com/oompodcast
Website; oompodcast.com
Itunes; Search OutOfMana (all one word)

But Following the Cast on twitter is the best way to get news, since we update it with news, when the podcast is up on various sites, as well as giving news on other podcast.

You can also just pop into the IRC and ask. http://outofmana.me/healchat/

Hope this Helped.

PS, LOVE the name :)

EDIT; We pushed the podcast back an hour, so its at 7est now, instead of 6est. I dont know what time that would be for you, but that may of been the reason the new stream didnt show up until later. Also, if you have a twitch account, you can subscribe to the stream, and it will email you when we go live
Edited by Shammyren on 2/5/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope you spend a bit of quality time illustrating how OP the healers are in dungeons, when that changes for the various healers, and what a new player should do to prepare, and adjust.

This is a huge error on Blizzard's part, imo, because the difference between any Classic/Outland/Northrend dungeon, and Throne of the Tides/Stonecore, is quite shocking, especially if you get one of *those* groups.

Speaking of, you might want to talk about *those groups* a bit as well.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
^^^^

Thanks. Great podcast. Love it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/05/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Riôt
Stonecore

*shudders*
Reply Quote
Stonecore

We DO NOT talk about Stonecore. That place still gives me nightmares from the beginning of Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Morenn
Stonecore

We DO NOT talk about Stonecore. That place still gives me nightmares from the beginning of Cata.

I don't think I've made it to 85 on any healer without having at least one group pull the ENTIRE ROOM before Orzuk at some point.
Reply Quote
I don't think I've made it to 85 on any healer without having at least one group pull the ENTIRE ROOM before Orzuk at some point.

It's a rite of passage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
*those groups*

*shudders*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Morenn
It's a rite of passage.

Hehe, fond memories of being complimented for awesome healing, there.

Anyhow, I was hoping something could be said about the levels people attain their spells. For example, most healers being stuck with their flash heal and no cheap heal till level 20ish or later. Aoe heals, and mana regen being introduced later so you have less time to get used tothe proper way to use them. Cooldowns (had several disc priests in lfr that didn't use SS). And also mention TANK abilities, more as something to watch out for them not having at certain points ( I'm looking at you, brewmaster prior to shuffle). Or that dps don't get aggro dumps till later some of them, so don't rage on them if they steal threat sometimes. I dunno, I think I lost my cohesive thought at some point.

And maybe which dungeons to watch out for because they bring out the derp in people all the time (Gnomer....ugh.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Only a little while longer to submit questions, Show goes live at 7pm EST friday
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]