Subterfuge

90 Undead Rogue
So today i thought i might try subterfuge out
Been shadow focus the whole time

This is the most rubbish talent i have ever used
premed slice and dice
Cheapshot,Ambush=stand there for 30secs to repool
I thought this would be a great talent choice for cloak and dagger but now i think otherwise
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well, you want to spend 100 energy on one GCD and complain about pooling

Cool, I like that
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Cool, I like that

Since when was cheapshot then ambush one global
Reply Quote

Cool, I like that

Since when was cheapshot then ambush one global

There is one global between the cheapshot and the ambush

one global
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
Try these openers instead:

1. Garrote -> Premeditation Ambush -> Eviscerate
2. Cheap Shot -> 2 combo point Rupture -> Premeditation Ambush -> Eviscerate

Note: You'll still have to pool energy, but let's face it, if you're playing a rogue and NOT pooling energy, you're doing it wrong. = ]
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Note: You'll still have to pool energy, but let's face it, if you're playing a rogue and NOT pooling energy, you're doing it wrong. = ]

The idea of not slice and dicing before a opener just feels weird but ill give it a go
Defiantly not my style
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
With my energy regen as Sub, counting Energetic Recovery, I can fit in CS, Garrote, and Ambush into one Subterfuge timer. When I'm running without Prey on the Weak, I typically skip out on CS and just Garrote, Ambush, Depending on CP gen, Evis or wait on energy. Next patch, however, there's enough energy to Garrote into Ambushx2.
Edited by Backstabi on 2/4/2013 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue

The idea of not slice and dicing before a opener just feels weird but ill give it a go
Defiantly not my style

Meant to say it assumes bleed debuff and SnD are already applied. Mostly useful for restealth openers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
why don't you keep using that talent till you master the timing instead of complaining right away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
TBI
It's better with the +30 energy on the PTR I see subterfuge as more of a control talent while shadow focus as a more bursty talent
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/04/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Tøxiç
It's better with the +30 energy on the PTR I see subterfuge as more of a control talent while shadow focus as a more bursty talent

Hellyeah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
at least untill 5.2, i will prefer Shadow Focus.

my openers with Shadow Focus are just sooo powerful.
Reply Quote
My only problem with Subterfuge is that it breaks my Stealth every time I so much as sneeze over my keyboard.

Yesterday, my stealth broke while I was casually running through the streets of SW. WTF?
Reply Quote
restealthing with dots on u and having 4 seconds to reopen is kinda nice .
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/04/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Commboo
stand there for 30secs to repool

That's wrong, it would take 7~8 secs with Slice and Dice up
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/04/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Ongbak
stand there for 30secs to repool

Not sure if idiot or just idiot
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/04/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Commboo

Not sure if idiot or just idiot

The third option: not a bit sarcastic
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Subterfuge is amazing because of the defensive aspect to it. The target can't really counter you immediately when you open. They either have to turn around and detect you or pop an AOE CC.

There's also, as other people have said, the grace of being able to stealth and get a 3 second chance of another opener with DOTs on you.
And of course, being detected isn't as costly anymore since you can still open as long as they don't CC you.

When I first saw Subterfuge, I didn't think of a mini-Shadow Dance. I thought the defense it brings and that's why I use it in PVP.
Edited by Knocrogue on 2/7/2013 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Subterfuge is amazing because of the defensive aspect to it. The target can't really counter you immediately when you open. They either have to turn around and detect you or pop an AOE CC.

There's also, as other people have said, the grace of being able to stealth and get a 3 second chance of another opener with DOTs on you.
And of course, being detected isn't as costly anymore since you can still open as long as they don't CC you.

When I first saw Ambush, I didn't think of a mini-Shadow Dance. I thought the defense it brings and that's why I use it in PVP.

Personally, I use Subterfuge because it gives me a big opener (Ambush) AND a big cc (Cheapshot). Deadly at my level.

Wonder how it will work at 90...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
02/04/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Newkie
restealthing with dots on u and having 4 seconds to reopen is kinda nice .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]