Sick of this crap!

90 Goblin Shaman
Could someone explain to me why a Ret pally deserves a spirit trink over a resto Shamn?!?!?!!!!?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I've been waiting for that freakin trink for months!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In what? LFR? Dungeons? Can you be more specific?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
random heroics!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I mean, its been what? 10 years that wow has been out? and Bliz can't figure out how to program a freakin loot roll? really? c'mon bliz!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You're complaining to the wrong guys. While I sympathize with you, he might've been gearing a healing set. Heck, I built my tanking set only because I couldn't get anything else for my healer set. It would've been nice if he differed it to you, or if he asked for it beforehand, but he might want it, too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's not that Blizzard doesn't know how to make it work. Cata's LFR clearly indicated that they're capable of setting loot rules. The issue, for you, is that they believe that OS is equivalent to MS rolls in dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well, no, I actually sympathize with the OP. I don't think you should roll Need on healing items if you're not in a dungeon as a healer, unless the healer says, "I don't need that."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I agree, Tir, it's incredibly unfair. But there's a reason that the option to need on something when it's outside your role still exists.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I've been doing random heroics for weeks... and one of the items I've been going for is a trinket. One finnaly drops.. and its stolen from me by someone fillling an offspec. How fair is that?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Not a huge deal...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
02/04/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Fleurs
Not a huge deal...

Maybe for those in raiding guilds that have infinite time to play. I have another month... THATS IT!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/04/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Hexponential
I've been doing random heroics for weeks... and one of the items I've been going for is a trinket. One finnaly drops.. and its stolen from me by someone fillling an offspec. How fair is that?

I just said it's incredibly unfair. It sucks, but it'll do you no good complaining about. Just keep trying. Or better, take a breather and let off some steam.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
02/04/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Hexponential
Not a huge deal...

Maybe for those in raiding guilds that have infinite time to play. I have another month... THATS IT!

What does this even mean
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Everyone looks at this from one angle. The angle "He didn't get the peice of gear he wanted." But here's the other angle. I'm "needing" on everything that drops in heroics now."

GG those who worked hard for a piece of gear and deserve it. Hope I get it so you understand what its like to not get gear you deserve.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, to be fair, most people who need on an item in a heroic are going to use it. By needing willy nilly, you're actually stooping to a far lower level and basically being a jerk.

It's not that we don't sympathize with you. Most of us clearly do. It's that Blizzard has very clearly shown how they feel loot should be handled in dungeons.
Edited by Elethia on 2/4/2013 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You can queue for LFR for better gear than you'll get from heroics. For trinkets specifically, both the Shado-Pan and the Dominance Offensive have better healer trinkets than anything you'll get from a heroic dungeon. There's no gain in upsetting yourself this much.

Here's an intangible cup of hot cocoa: c|_|

It'll help you relax.
Edited by Nerfheals on 2/4/2013 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Everyone looks at this from one angle. The angle "He didn't get the peice of gear he wanted." But here's the other angle. I'm "needing" on everything that drops in heroics now."

GG those who worked hard for a piece of gear and deserve it. Hope I get it so you understand what its like to not get gear you deserve.

Well, now you're just being silly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's why I always run with friends/guildies :)

The loot system is designed for people to gear both their MS and their OS in a random dungeon, that system will not be changing anytime soon since that is it's intended purpose. Some recognize in a pug ms > os but not everyone follows this nor do they have to.

By needing on everything because you're pissy you didn't get a piece of gear you "need" it is just stooping to a different level and adding to a problem instead of fixing it. Run LFR. You don't deserve gear, no one does. You *might* get lucky enough for a piece of gear to drop you can use.

Yes it sucks, but you learn to get over it.
Edited by Veroicone on 2/4/2013 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It's a great thing that you can roll MS on OS loot otherwise I would have had to run my DK through the entire gearing process twice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If someone is trying to build a set for another role they have no choice but to roll need. That's the limitation of the loot system. Blizzard could stop the drama by making the rolls process MS > OS > Greed/DE. Until that happens there's no point getting worked up over someone rolling need on gear, especially since they changed the loot roll UI to make it less obvious when someone selects need. Since Blizz doesn't prioritize MS over OS, then I'd say game rules give everyone in party capable of rolling need equal rights to the gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]