Whats the problem here?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Ok, so again im going to post some concerns about certain mechanics not working, Yes have posted in Tech as well as support, but get nothing but stupid answers and trolls.

As you can see I have played this toon for a long time, was my second in 07, and have loved every single moment playing in BGs, but since gearing up to full malevolent, I am finding certain issue's that I have never come across before.

I have tried every spec/gem/chant combo i can find, right down to copying a hunter/s in top ten Arena, as you can see 65% res, and 48 power, which is about the best i can seem to get with this gear, gems etc, but when in Bgs, I seem to lack crit, have tried all talents yet i'll be lucky if i crit for 30-40k, now at the end of the BG, and i have truly worked my !@# off, yes i can have decent total damage, but when coming up on classes 1v1 i just get smashed, 100-150 crits, where im at 40K, and yes this is with no def CDs etc.

Yes I know other classes have res, but i just cant work out why I'm getting hit so hard, yet I'm not, I have done complete re installs of everything, run no adds etc, just to make sure, but still the same.

Other issues too are,pet just standing there, while on assist, getting stuck, running off and disappearing, Enemies running right over traps, without setting them off( no they don't resist as traps are still there) powershot not registering damage at all, but takes my focus for it, all these issue's can take you right out of the game, would love at least someone else to say they have the same if not some of the issue's above, just to prove that I'm not going mad.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
Powershot can be sidestepped, GC cops that out by calling a skill shot, it is bugged to miss players that are CC'd/standing still.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Powershot is bugged, misses very often doing 0 damage and consumes the cd, although yesterday after several duels and some bgs out of about 25 powershots not even 1 miss! Perhaps i got very lucky on this.
About the rest of your problems i am sad to say its a learn to play issue.
30-40k crit on a resilence target is a very good crit. We are not dks with 110k obliterates or locks with 150k chaos crits and definitely we are not a 3 button class(aka dk) to do damage, i ususally smash 8-12 buttons just to do damage, not counting the other 30 buttons we have to cc,trap,control etc.
1v1 hunters are a very decent class. Pick your targets wisely we usually do big damage to mages and locks and several other classes but vs spriest,feral,decent warrior you better run.
Traps are fine they just need a few secs to arm when you land them.
Pet micromanagement is more than mandatory if you play bm. If you have pet on assist it follows the normal threat mechanics of the game, for example you kill your target and you switch to another one close to you, your pet runs to the enemy healer who is far away and takes several seconds to "understand" who you current target is.
Personally i have pet always on passive and i have macroed all my damaging attacks with petattack command, this way my stupid pet stays close to me all the time
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Ok, so again im going to post some concerns about certain mechanics not working, Yes have posted in Tech as well as support, but get nothing but stupid answers and trolls.

As you can see I have played this toon for a long time, was my second in 07, and have loved every single moment playing in BGs, but since gearing up to full malevolent, I am finding certain issue's that I have never come across before.

I have tried every spec/gem/chant combo i can find, right down to copying a hunter/s in top ten Arena, as you can see 65% res, and 48 power, which is about the best i can seem to get with this gear, gems etc, but when in Bgs, I seem to lack crit, have tried all talents yet i'll be lucky if i crit for 30-40k, now at the end of the BG, and i have truly worked my !@# off, yes i can have decent total damage, but when coming up on classes 1v1 i just get smashed, 100-150 crits, where im at 40K, and yes this is with no def CDs etc.

Yes I know other classes have res, but i just cant work out why I'm getting hit so hard, yet I'm not, I have done complete re installs of everything, run no adds etc, just to make sure, but still the same.

Other issues too are,pet just standing there, while on assist, getting stuck, running off and disappearing, Enemies running right over traps, without setting them off( no they don't resist as traps are still there) powershot not registering damage at all, but takes my focus for it, all these issue's can take you right out of the game, would love at least someone else to say they have the same if not some of the issue's above, just to prove that I'm not going mad.

Res + other damage mitigation, such as armor, damage reduction buffs, etc, is probably why you're seeing such low damage. Find a clothie in PVE gear and duel it a few times; I think you'll see where your damage "should" be.

And now I'll say it again, for the umpteenth time, despite getting yelled at and ridiculed (and yes, I know resil scales better):

If you spec power over resil, in MOST situations you will have a greater advantage over your opponents. I feel just as squishy at 65% resil as I do at 60%, but at 54% power my PS crits for 180K average, KC average crits around 60K, Blink at 90K, and pet melee averages 20K (non-crit). AS averages around 40K, too.

The only way I ever die in BGs is if I get focused, in which case an extra 5% resil won't help, or if I get jumped by a plate wearing stun factory, in which case I pop all my CDs, eat all my cookies, and pray for a short respawn time.

And you will read it everywhere in these forums...1v1 any class can beat any other class (with comparable gear) if the player is better. Sometimes all it takes is one little mistake to lose 1v1, so don't measure yourself that way.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The only hunter ability that crits very hard is powershot. Much of hunter's damage comes in a steady stream of auto shots, pet attacks, coupled with you signature moves.

Dealing with an opponent 1v1 is a matter of utilizing your abilities as a hunter well. A hunter simply cannot stand toe to toe with an opponent and hope to come out on top. Knowing when to silence, scatter, bw out of a stun, etc is key. Knowing other classes is just as important as knowing your hunter when it comes to out playing an opponent.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Hunters have the best ranged mobility and instant shots all day long. If we have a bunch of big crit abilities, then we'd get nerfed in some other way. Almost all classes still complain that hunters are OP still, yet hunters still feel we are lacking...a major part due to the reasons you bring up.

But as I said, our strength doesn't lie with big crits. Our strength is our 90% up time on kill targets. Unless you are BM, then it's heavily reliant on your pet having the uptime to have consistent damage going out...which is why I prefer Marks (another thread).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/05/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Dungflinger
But as I said, our strength doesn't lie with big crits. Our strength is our 90% up time on kill targets. Unless you are BM

stupid pet gets stupid feared or ccd and cant do stupid kill command or stupid blink strike :@
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]