[Suggestion] Wild Mushroom: Bloom (Resto)

96 Tauren Druid
Wild Mushrooms have been getting a lot of attention recently, particularly for resto. While I appreciate that they are being worked on, I'm not a huge fan of the ideas put forth so far (overhealing of Rejuv to buff mushrooms).

So far the main problems with WM:B haven't been addressed by the latest build:

- GCD Burden: Each plant takes a full GCD, so 3 GCDs just to pull off one heal.
- Extremely low effectiveness for the cost of using it.

I have several ideas to make WM:B more worthwhile and hopefully more enjoyable to use. (My suggestion isn't necessarily to have ALL these changes made at the same time)

Make planting less of a burden. I can see this done in one of two ways:

1. Give the placement spell a 0.5 sec GCD. This would allow you to place all 3 within a single global. (DYK: Currently MW Monk's Healing Sphere's work this way)

2. Allow 1 Mushroom to produce full effectiveness. This mechanic would divide the effectiveness for each additional Mushroom (2 at half each, 3 at a third each). This mechanic would allow you to place one mushroom for a strong heal in a small area, or spread them out for small healing over a large area.

Increase Throughput. Its a plain fact that in addition to being a pain, WM:B is just plain weak.

1. Allow WM:B crits to proc Living Seed. This would add to the healing they can provide in addition to addressing the problem of ineffective overhealing. Even if you overhealed, some Living Seeds would be left behind to be effective. This could also make crit a more competitive stat.

2. Make the Efflorescence effect (ground AE heal) proc off WM:B instead of swiftmend. Other ground targeted heals (Holy Word: Sanctury and Healing Rain) are placed on the ground where you want it. Our version has been clunky since its beginning; at first it was bound to regrowth, and now to swiftmend, often giving it ill placement. Attatching it to WM:B not only makes it a more fluid mechanic for AE healing, but gives mushrooms the additional flavor and effectiveness they need.

3. Allow hots to be applied to Wild Mushrooms to buff their healing. While less conventional, during times of little to no damage, it would allow you to roll hots on your mushrooms to boost them for when the damage comes, rather than rolling hots that did mostly overhealing on the group. This could further allow mushrooms to be a very big part of AE healing with a new, interesting playstyle. Plus, it makes sense to me if I Wild Growth a Healing Mushroom that it grows more effective for use. d:

Again, I'll say that obviously not all of these changes could or should happen simultaneously. Some compliment others and some conflict with others. Some of these changes could also be made via Glyph. I think most can agree though that Wild Mushrooms could still benefit from some major changes, and not necessarily the ones on 5.2 PTR.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Pettrah
- GCD Burden: Each plant takes a full GCD, so 3 GCDs just to pull off one heal.

They do not take 3 GCDs, they are much like rejuv so it's not quite 3 GCD. Some people do however argue that finding spots to drop them etc takes time so it's whatever.

2. Make the Efflorescence effect (ground AE heal) proc off WM:B instead of swiftmend. Other ground targeted heals (Holy Word: Sanctury and Healing Rain) are placed on the ground where you want it. Our version has been clunky since its beginning; at first it was bound to regrowth, and now to swiftmend, often giving it ill placement. Attatching it to WM:B not only makes it a more fluid mechanic for AE healing, but gives mushrooms the additional flavor and effectiveness they need.

That sounds like a terrible idea, wild mushrooms are not supposed to be used rotationally which is probably exactly why Blizzard made them so clunky. I would love not having to cast swiftmend on someone and just drop it on the floor but coupling mushrooms with that just sounds terrible.

3. Allow hots to be applied to Wild Mushrooms to buff their healing. While less conventional, during times of little to no damage, it would allow you to roll hots on your mushrooms to boost them for when the damage comes, rather than rolling hots that did mostly overhealing on the group. This could further allow mushrooms to be a very big part of AE healing with a new, interesting playstyle. Plus, it makes sense to me if I Wild Growth a Healing Mushroom that it grows more effective for use. d:

Since chances are you are not going to use mushrooms rotationally there is no reason to hot the mushrooms. You have plenty of time to charge them up, seriously it takes almost no time at all to charge them up fast even in a 10 man. I've been doing every single raid testing that has come out so far and charging up the mushrooms was not a problem at all.

I honestly don't see why people are still complaining. Mushrooms right now in 10 man are strong and in 25 man will prove to be worth the GCDs as well. I am not a fan of how clunky they are either but as far as I can tell there are plenty of fights come 5.2 that are going to give us plenty of chances to use mushrooms effectively.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Actually Resto-Shrooms are exclusively only being looked at.

Because mushrooms are not our main spell, its supposed to be used situationally. They are most effective on "Tank n' Spank" fights. Grand Empress, Gara'jal, maybe Will. The fact they are going to be absorbing overheals, is more than enough for compensating its lackluster of 5.0-.5.1. I actually am really excited for them.

Now since I havent gone into the PTR, I can only assume, however with the amount of absorbing they take, maybe only dropping 1 or 2 and blooming them would be more optimal than dropping all 3.

Again I love the idea of the mushrooms and cant wait to see what they do!!!

Just wish balance had some use for them now ;-p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]