The Lion Roars: Really? PvP to PvE?

100 Orc Warrior
I'm always amazed that some people only play one part of WoW to the exclusion of all the fun features.

Careful there, or you might give the quest planners ideas.

Wrathion quest stage 4: level three battle pets to 25, and beat Wrathion's dragonling form in pet combat!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
While I didn't care for it either, it only took about 6 or 7 runs to get my win. Hell if your gonna do it like that, throw crafting, secondary skills, pet battles you name it:)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/13/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Inushi
I'm always amazed that some people only play one part of WoW to the exclusion of all the fun features.

Wrathion quest stage 4: level three battle pets to 25, and beat Wrathion's dragonling form in pet combat!

There will be forum riots and a dozens of shrieking threads that would make the RealID debacle a mild discussion about zucchini recipes.

^_^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

That's why I guess I loathe pvp.

This thing about being a snivelling coward and attacking players thirty levels beneath me isnt something I am all that interested in. Nor is killing npc's to grief others.

Thats all pvp is for, thats all it is good for, that is all it is known for. All pvp'ers "fun' is wrecking others gameplay because they feel like being jerks.

Complain about areas being sanctuaries.

Demanding flying mounts be removed to "promote world pvp".

Attacking players everywhere, including HalfHill, never mind the fact that people might want to do their farming and dailies there....

Thanks, i have seen the behaviour of pvp players, and I dont want a bar of it.
Edited by Zhenogre on 3/14/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
From the perspective of a person that loathes PvP:
I really do enjoy waiting through multiple BG queues until I find the one that could win without me! I actually looked up how the BGs worked to try and not be completely useless, but after 10 losses in a row without really even coming close it gets to be NOT FUN.
Blizzard, if you're going to force people that avoid PvP to PvP, make it something a bit less annoying than a BG. Make it something a world pvp objective like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad. At least there I don't feel like dead weight that a team has to carry.
Edited by Felbane on 3/15/2013 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Seriously the best idea I've ever heard... I hope they do it now.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I know I'm late to the party but I just got to this part of the Legendary quest and want to drop my two cents in the bucket already filled with pennies. I hate that I have to pvp to finish this part, I have no clue wtf a pvp segment is doing with a pve item, I will be sure to ask the dev's about this in person at blizzcon. Whichever dev thought this up and left it in must be doing this as some kind of revenge. Knowing full well we have to do it, they will never change it, and all the while someone in orange county laughs just a little bit more before going to bed. This is nothing more then a cruel joke to get back at the majority of the community. Honestly, I don't really blame them having to put up with millions of whinny mouth breathers. I'm surprised they're still sane to this day. But just admit that forcing all pve'rs who for the most part avoid wow's pvp like the plague was to get us all back in some way. I can at least accept the logic of this farce.
Edited by Orangekickin on 3/16/2013 3:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
In talking with a friend who's heavily into PVP, he mentioned that his guild is especially excited about the quest because it's hunting season on awfully geared (for pvp) raiders. Even better is that you can complete the earlier stages of the quest through LFR, meaning that some of the people who come into the BG don't even have the basic skill sets that a raider might have to give them a fighting chance.

The only downside in his opinion is that you can't form complete pre-mades anymore but even still, he says, 5 strong and co-ordinated pvp'ers will more than make up for it. Even in the first two weeks, he and members of his guild were able to do a lot of gearing on their alts just by the fact that those BGs have essentially been free honor besides the rare event of meeting up with another team that is trying to do the same thing on the opposite faction.

So yes, thank you for more forced PVP. I'm glad a way was found to make us do the new BGs; perhaps next time you can tie it into Pet Battles or Brawler's Guild since those too are new to MoP and are at least based on individual merit rather than the mercy of whomever you happened to be paired up with?

All random BG's are free honor. You are obviously so caught up in only killing quest mobs to not understand the type of players in random BGs 90% of the time. The fact that your friend is so excited about premade BGs to kill pve geared players just because of this quest tells me he started playing wow yesterday. Most the players in random BGs have PVE or blue pvp gear. lol?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The best is how they tell us they don't want to force PvPers to play in a way they don't enjoy.

Making PvEers PvP? Pfft, who cares, get over it.
PvP in PvE? Oh you poor sweet dear. Here, we'll nerf a class for doing too much damage in arenas for you.

That is the most absurd thing I've ever read. In fact, the quest chain you are whinging about perfectly illustrates how absurd it is. Of the 20 or so stages so far, exactly ONE has been pvp, and it requires you to win two fricken BGs. Boo hoo. Some of the PvE stages literally require MONTHS of work. I don't see you complaining the PvPers are "forced" to do PvE for months.

WoW has PvE and PvP elements. In return for your welfare legendary, all you are asked to do is show a *minimal* participation in the PvP aspect of the game. Suck it up, buttercups.
Edited by Carmageddon on 3/16/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
IHonestly, I don't really blame them having to put up with millions of whinny mouth breathers. I'm surprised they're still sane to this day.

The irony is strong in this one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/13/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Inushi

well, they just came out with this new exciting thing called Scenarios for this expansion. all this quest does is send PvEers into battlegrounds in PvE gear, ruining the experience for everyone.

and congratulations on being horde, that must have made your quest a lot easier.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
This quest is such a good use of my time. I really do enjoy dragging down the 9 other people on my team being in there in PROT PVE GEAR, because I don't pvp on this toon. Didn't mind this quest much when I was on my lock, has some pvp gear, and was ranged so I could at least pew pew from range. but now if I go ret, I die instanly. if I go prot, I'm useless. fun times
Edited by Shellspally on 3/19/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I got this with only one run of each BG.

Silvershard ... I guess I ran around healing people. It was kind of like healing an LFD on Monday at about 2:30pm, but it was actually that everyone knew what was going on but me.

That other one ... I ended up top healer for some reason. And got a bunch of achievements. It looked like a game of dodgeball.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I got this with only one run of each BG.

Silvershard ... I guess I ran around healing people. It was kind of like healing an LFD on Monday at about 2:30pm, but it was actually that everyone knew what was going on but me.

That other one ... I ended up top healer for some reason. And got a bunch of achievements. It looked like a game of dodgeball.

I really depends on the specs you have avaliable. It was no issue on my lock. I could just stand back and drop a ton of damage down because I was at a 501ish ilvl way back when it was the first week you could complete this quest, which was wnough of a level gap to not matter that I had no pvp gear. I was never in harms way because I was ranged.

if I had a holy spec, I would probably be done already it. But I'm a melee, a squishy melee with no pvp gear, so I do low damage, and take too much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
blizzard will never read these poasts and if im wrong then let a game master blow up my interface with there stupid little chime and purple chat box.

THERE IS NO SHA TOUCHED PVP WEAPON SO THIS QUEST DOSNT EVEN MAKE SINCE

i cant understand why blizzard would force pve players into a environment that they arnt geared for. i mean you dont see quests where it forces fresh level 90s into heroic raid content for pvp rewards. so what is the logic of forcing raiders who have no pvp gear into a slaughter fest of horde pvp players who just go into a feeding frenzy of free honor by praying on pve players just trying to get there quest done.

i see the death of the pve environment coming. i mean they already make it accepted to bring pvp gear into pve environments soon they will force other pvp requirements on raiders and other pve players. but like all good things this game has to die some time.

blizzard always crys about the lack of world pvp and the lack of 25 man raids. blizzard needs to learn that its bad business to sell what they want. SELL WHAT THE CONSUMER WANTS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
oh and to all you pvpers who cry about the months of pve grinding content. if you enjoy pvp then why dont you just do arenas and earn your pvp weapon the sha touched weapon dosnt have your stats on it. its not meant for you so you have no room to cry about.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I have done the horde version on both hunter and paladin, and won each the first time I went in each BG on both. This is not high end PvP here, this is the kind of PvP that most people will do on a whim. Gear? the amount needed is likely low as it is where most are either there to have some fun PvPing or to gear up so they can move on to the high end stuff. I got away with the honor gear which I got by turning Justice to honor. That means options are available if you think gear is an issue (crafted and point conversion from PvE points to PvP points).

Does this quest require a certain arena rating? NO!
Does this quest require a certain TBG rating? NO!

If you whine about having to do PvP for your PvE quest lines, at least make sure it is something truly out there, like having to reach a 2200 arena or RBG rating, and not just something out there that most players will do at least one time in their WoW life. Complaining about havint to PvP period? hello spoiled brat that throws a tantrum when mommy/daddy gets them a toy they want but not the exact one (like Malibu Barbie instead of Ballerina Barbie).

In other words, don't like it, don't do it and accept that what you are after is not going to be yours or just get it done ASAP and save the rest of us your "it's not fair, I should not have to do it" crap. Life is not fair, either accept that and deal with it or find a spot where the realities of the world will not reach you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You can't tell people that its ok to pvp when they dont want to. I mean seriously, think about when you have to do !@#$ you dont wish to do? I am sure you all "suck it up" and just go with the flow right?

Bull%^-*
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
Not keen on this at all, but at least they learned something from School of Hard Knocks and with this your goal is consistent with the rest of your team: winning the BG. No more of this doing crap that is contrary to what the actual PVPers are doing and less griefing by your own "teammates."

I still don't understand why they took away the ability to convert Valor to Conquest if they want me to set foot in PVP, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]