The Lion Roars: Really? PvP to PvE?

86 Blood Elf Paladin
biggest fail since leeroy in upper blackrock spire!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
As Alliance, I've given up doing that part of the Legendary quest line.

It somewhat comforts me that I'm only missing out on the meta and cloak, thank god it's not something that I cant live without, and if I want to look at the story, there's always YouTube.
Edited by Elsepth on 4/24/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
This quest kind of makes me wish I was still my rogue so I could just skulk around in the shadows on the outskirts of the battle so I don't get slaughtered all the time while being able to avoid being kicked for inactivity. If this quest wanted, say, AV or IoC, it would be alright.

But good lord, I heard all the complaints from the pvp'ers about there being way to much CC and stuff for the pvp aspect of the game, I did not think it was as bad as it actually was. A frost mage pretty much kept me stunned/bound the whole fight and I kinda never touched him.

I'm probably just going to have to wait a few months for 5.3 to come out so I get given resilience.

/sign, /agree, why this quest exists blows my mind and I'm loathe to try. Granted I've only done the BG's a couple times but I'm inclined to say that the people that are saying "It won't be that bad" got really lucky. Or they're horde. From my experiences, alliance is kind of bad at pvp and the resource difference is large. Like.......I've considering just sitting in a corner somewhere and shadowmelding.

The idea was to get you to see an aspect of the game you may or may not have looked at in a while. Its not the best way to do it but at the same time it wasnt as god awful as all that lol

If this was the idea, it failed miserably. If a person that's purely PvE jumps into a BG just to complete a quest, chances are they're going to be utterly smashed, no contest. Your going to get focused down so fast it's not even anything remotely resembling fun. If it's not fun, your not going to want to keep doing it. Hell, this is why that baseline resil change is being made.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I highly doubt that if there was a PvE player that never set foot into a BG just because they wanted to do so willingly, got told to go do this quest for PvE purposes for really awesome PvE gear, they came into these BG's, got smashed, and went "Oh hey, dying repeatedly while not accomplishing anything at all is fun. I think I'll do more of it after I'm finished with this quest."

If anything I think it would be more of a deterrent.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
In other words, don't like it, don't do it and accept that what you are after is not going to be yours or just get it done ASAP and save the rest of us your "it's not fair, I should not have to do it" crap. Life is not fair, either accept that and deal with it or find a spot where the realities of the world will not reach you.

We need more of this kind of quests.

Please.

/sarcasm.
Edited by Elsepth on 4/24/2013 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Please don't make pve players pvp to continue their legendary quest. I ran mines like 12 times and lost. on my battle group it took a couple of my guildies 5 hrs to finish that quest. 5 fricken hours? WTF Just make it so we have to participate and not win. the story behind it is cool but I am tired of wiping in pvp...
Reply Quote
I don't appreciate being forced to do all this pve crap to get ahead either. Don't hear me crying though. Probably cause it's mind-numbingly easy, like all non-heroic pve.

Have a nice day.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't appreciate being forced to do all this pve crap to get ahead either. Don't hear me crying though. Probably cause it's mind-numbingly easy, like all non-heroic pve.

Have a nice day.

says the guy with less pvp achievements than I got toons lmao.....

fyi the pvp island dailies are not forced.. they are optional for bonus honor... the lion roars quest is mandatory for pve players that want to progress in the legendary quest line.

if its the leveling up to 90 and pve questing you are complaining about then to bad cause that was here since day 1 long before battlegrounds came into the game... and u are also not forced to do that.. u can level up in battlegrounds see u have a choice.
Edited by Palathalas on 4/25/2013 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I'm still waiting on that Silvershard Mines win.

I dont think alliance ever wins that one. Ever.

That or I've hit every single Horde premade that queued today.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
ITT: BEING MADE TO PVP IN ORDER TO PVE IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BLIZZARD!

BUT CONTINUE MAKING PVPERS DO PVE IN ORDER TO HAVE BIS PVP GEAR.

Here's an idea. Play both sides of the game even if you just dabble in the one you aren't as fond of. The change of pace is what keeps the game varied instead of monotonous.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
ITT: BEING MADE TO PVP IN ORDER TO PVE IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BLIZZARD!

BUT CONTINUE MAKING PVPERS DO PVE IN ORDER TO HAVE BIS PVP GEAR.

Here's an idea. Play both sides of the game even if you just dabble in the one you aren't as fond of. The change of pace is what keeps the game varied instead of monotonous.

I would agree with you 2 expacs ago when world PvP areas such as Wintergrasp and Tol Barad still existed where the other side could also be equally matched in PvE gear.

For those who a) don't like it, b) choose not do it it, c) just can't find a way to beat it, there's always the YouTube experience.
Edited by Elsepth on 4/27/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I wouldn't mind doing it if I didn't get stuck into every pile of suck that queues into the BG.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I'm still waiting on that Silvershard Mines win.

I dont think alliance ever wins that one. Ever.

That or I've hit every single Horde premade that queued today.

That's how I felt.

Got the quest. Had flashbacks to the last time I 'had to' to PvP (School of Hard Knocks...).

Queued up for Temple of Kotmogu. Had a blast and actually won the first one that popped. "Maybe this won't be so bad after all."

Queued up for Silvershard Mines. Got stomped. Repeatedly. Took 10 attempts before we actually won one. "Wrathion, I've seen things, too. Horrible. Horrible things."

It may not be pleasant but you will eventually get a win and move on.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
It may not be pleasant but you will eventually get a win and move on.

I guess so. After the Test of Valor, this part of the questline is the..

Test of Bleah.

Only those who have a huge stroke of luck, are willing to swallow their pride to face the disparity of gear in BGs and grind out something by repeatedly banging their heads into the wall are worthy of progressing to the next stage.
Edited by Elsepth on 4/27/2013 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Been on this quest for a week. Can not win the Mines....such bs. I f I was horde, Im sure it would be a cake walk for this quest.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I am not the biggest fan of PvP either, nor am I very good at it, but I actually got this quest done with no trouble at all. I got Kotmogu done on my first try with only a basic idea of how the BG worked. Silvershard was definitely another issue, but it went well-ish. When I started to get frustrated (took more than a few tries...), I just started going at it with a different mindset--to just have fun with it. On the try where we won, I actually found a few Horde players that seemed to have about as much of an idea of what to do as I did; that is to say, none at all. We all just kind of ended up chasing each other around the minecarts and it was honestly a lot of fun. Going in with the intent to make the most of it and have fun helped a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Been on this quest for a week. Can not win the Mines....such bs. I f I was horde, Im sure it would be a cake walk for this quest.

I've seriously debated faction changing just for the PvP part.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
04/28/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Nashoba

I've seriously debated faction changing just for the PvP part.

Same here, except I saw the $30 part and went... eh, I can use it to pay for the next 2 months of WoW instead.

AFAIK, the game isn't tuned for everyone to have the Legendary pieces in mind. It's an optional thing that we can do without, so we will make do without.
Edited by Elsepth on 4/28/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
It's... 2 bgs.

Wow people really hate pvp huh.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
It's... 2 bgs.

Wow people really hate pvp huh.

That isn't the problem.

Its doing the same bg over and over and over and not getting a win because your faction on your battlegroup sucks some serious terribad in that one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]