Unholy and blood tap

85 Night Elf Druid
Was looking at higher rated unholy dks and it seems they all choose blood tap is the reason due to being able to empower ghoul if no rune is up and necro strike?

The reason I ask is that I dont like the way it feels but may need to practice a bit more is it really that far above other options for unholy? Any info would be great thanks

this is more for pvp sorry I left that out
Edited by Admiration on 2/5/2013 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
More or less, for necro strikes and on-demand runes,
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
While we're on the topic of Blood Tap, does anyone else macro BT into important, need it now abilities such as Soul Reaper, Dark Transformation, and Strangulate? I've been considering if it would be a smart thing to do or not since those aren't spammable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/05/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Mitri
While we're on the topic of Blood Tap, does anyone else macro BT into important, need it now abilities such as Soul Reaper, Dark Transformation, and Strangulate? I've been considering if it would be a smart thing to do or not since those aren't spammable.

putting blood tap into a macro takes away what blood tap is about.
being able to control when you get the extra runes as opposed to rng from the other two talents.

Blood tap is off the gcd, so there is nothing stopping you from hitting it as needed.

tl:dr= blood tap+macro=bad, don't do it
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
putting blood tap into a macro takes away what blood tap is about.
being able to control when you get the extra runes as opposed to rng from the other two talents.

Blood tap is off the gcd, so there is nothing stopping you from hitting it as needed.

tl:dr= blood tap+macro=bad, don't do it

Right, I'm not talking about putting it into every single ability. I'm talking about macroing it into certain abilities, such as Strangulate, to get it off quicker. 1 button press will always be quicker than 2, ya know. I'd still have BT bound and still hit it when needed, but if I need a dispel, a blanket, or a ghoul transform I'd be able to get it off instantaneously.

Meh, I guess I'll just run a couple of random bgs with it and see how it works out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
You're saving your charges for abilities like NS and, when you need to be quick, Strangulate, so the "save 'em up for the right exact moment" mentality should go out the window when you're at that right exact moment. Macro away, I say, in cases like that. It's just the people that put it with Death Coil and the like that need to be slapped. Spamming Necrotics when you want to start spamming Necrotics is not RNG.
Edited by Ëmpy on 2/6/2013 2:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I would fully agree with keeping the button free if I had room on my hot bars, which I do not. So, I simply macro to Necrotic Strike. I tried macroing to other abilities, but I have found the best results with NS and NS only. This lets you save BT charges for a kill window and then you apply Soul Reaper and then furiously apply Necros for the orgasmic climax.

This style also works quite well for Blood DKs who get in a position where they have to help kill something. For Blood I actually use two DS buttons, one which does not draw on Blood Tap, for general use, and one that does, in tense survival situations.

Fully agree that macroing it to Death Coil is dumb. May as well take RE at that rate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]