I feel like I am doing too little DPS

100 Orc Death Knight
On a raid target dummy I level out at 65k. During raids I can often hit higher, but I am never sure if that is the AOE or buffs or whatever.

I am like .01% under exp and hit or something like that, and I got my rotation down pat. Killing machine obliterates, rime procs, then obliterates normal, then frost strike.

I'm sure to keep my diereses up, and use my cool downs every minute when they are up.

Is something really off about my reforge and what not? haste > crit > mastery for me right? (obviously outside of str and hit and exp).
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Try using http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/clc-dk as an addon.
Your dps depends alot on making sure your spending runes, applying diseases properly, and using obliterate at the right time. Your reforge and gems are fine.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
thank you very much :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
With your gear, 65k on a dummy is fine
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Your haste is a little low it might be worth gemming haste over strength. It is also not recommended for sitting on a KM proc for a long time while waiting for your runes to regenerate if you have the RP to Frost Strike. I would also recommend some type of Rune add-on if you do not already have one. I personally use DDR - DocDebugRunes (though other rune add-ons are also fine just up to personal preference), you could also use CLC-DK like Unholydoom suggested.
Reply Quote
Dummy testing as a measure of your potential DPS isn't really a good metric. Could you upload a Garaj'al parse where you don't take a totem? He's an excellent practical DPS dummy.

I ran a sim on you (note: full raid buffs, 300 strength food, flask) anyway.

http://imgur.com/C04DSMn

At this point I'd suggest haste gemming too, as it'd likely swing the stat weight into haste's favor. The difference won't be great for you though, and your rotation will become hectic during Darkmist Vortex procs, potentially.

One final note: the enchants you're missing are a good chunk of DPS (especially the leg enchants) and there's not really a lot of excuse for not using them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]