Over healing with beacon

90 Tauren Paladin
Alright so the title says it all. I overheal a !@#$ ton with beacon. It should be affected by illuminated healing. If I need to heal someone besides my beaconed target then im wasting heals it feels like.

With that said id love to see my Bol target recieve my illuminated healing, even at a reduced percent so that im not wasting as many heals. Anyone agree?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We get to heal 2 people with all our heals (not just AOE heals).

Our overhealing actually does something...shields.

Sure it would be nice but do I think it's balanced? No.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
True it might not be balanced. i do like the mastery shields. Is moving beacon during fights a good idea? Normally i drop it on the tank and heal everyone else. I know in certain fights its a great idea. Like the spirit phase of Gara. idk it was just something to think about though. Id like my beaconed target to receive full benifits from my heal, not just the direct heal
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, you should beacon switch. Some fights it's not necessary, others (like Gara as you mentioned) it's almost mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Mallux
Sure it would be nice but do I think it's balanced? No

Have you seen priests...

02/06/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Taurseye
Is moving beacon during fights a good idea?

I did it on spine and was always top heals. I like t move it around still, but lately it seems like a waste of time.

I'd love to see beacon receive my mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Is moving beacon during fights a good idea?

On some fights yes. On SG, Feng, SK and WoE I rarely beacon switch. However, Gara and Elegon I swap quite a bit.

In HoF I generally don't tank heal so on 2 tank fights I swap my beacon to the active tank as I generally am healing someone else besides him. On Garalon I swap my beacon to whoever is kiting atm. On amber shaper I swap to the active tank.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
True it might not be balanced. i do like the mastery shields. Is moving beacon during fights a good idea?

At the very least on fights with tank swaps you should move it around.

There's a school of thought which says you should take the glyph and move it around whenever you Divine Light. I think that's excessive though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I R DA WAReOR AN I TRAIN DA PALY TIL BUBEL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]