How low can you go?

90 Troll Warlock
So fellow affliction locks, how low can you go on hit before its to crazy? I got some new gear today and it puts me about 7%. I was at 10% and did not feel to bad and I have not tried the new gear out yet.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
what
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I would never go below 12%
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
When I start raiding I don't drop below hit cap. Even if I can squeeze out 12-100 more dps by dropping some hit. I'm not conditioned to respond to misses in an ideal fashion. I'd lose more damage based off that than I would ever gain.

Also a missed spell during your opener is pretty detrimental, especially if you don't catch it >.>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yeah, you generally want to be 15% unless you find yourself in a situation where you need that last 1-2% to get a progression kill. Then dropping hit and adding mastery can give you the chance to make up that difference. I would hit cap, but if not I still say 12% is as low as you want to go.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I'd also recommend going below hit if the fight is add-intensive and the adds aren't level 93. There are actually more fights then you'd think where this is the case.

I usually try to stay at 3% miss or less.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
13% is probably the lowest I intend to go, but the reality is as the expansion keeps progressing we're going to have an abundance of hit anyways so there will be no real reason to not get hit capped. If people really want to min/max for cutting edge guilds you may see some really top end players running 14% hit or something like that, but it'll be pretty hard to get rid of. If people run under the hit cap in T15 you'll pretty much see nothing but hit forged off. Which may be optimal if you can get insanely high mastery ratings off of it.

02/06/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Noctowl
Been at 9% for some time, it takes a lot of getting used to, but once you do, it's really not all that bad. Haunt misses happen from time to time and yeah it sucks, but if you're playing right it shouldn't be completely detrimental anyway.

Not having haunt is pretty damaging on a burn phase with all a bunch of empowered DoTs up. 9% is probably more damaging than you realize. Of course, when the miss happens does matter, but if it's on the "I have DS, hero/lust/warp, profession procs, trinket proc(s), and a potion up and I just wasted my last shard on a missed haunt" you'll suffer major repercussions.

I would go with Lok and say 12% is probably the lowest you'd ever want to go in even in a semi-serious raiding environment.

02/06/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Inissa
When I start raiding I don't drop below hit cap. Even if I can squeeze out 12-100 more dps by dropping some hit. I'm not conditioned to respond to misses in an ideal fashion. I'd lose more damage based off that than I would ever gain.

Affliction is all about reacting and making judgment calls on when to reapply DoTs, burn, and so forth. I don't know why you'd even bother playing affliction if you didn't like having to react to certain conditions like that.
Edited by Varlth on 2/6/2013 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Yea last night I stayed with the 7% and i could see a big change between that and 10%. Missed alot. I am going to try and get around 11-12%. Just started using simCraft, odd thing is, its telling me haste is better than mastery...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Probably because you're about 600 haste from a big threshold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]