*Spoiler* Anduin in 5.2

90 Draenei Monk
I talked to Anduin on the PTR and a few things seemed strange to me.

First of all he says he challenged Garrosh alone and doesn't recognize my character as having helped him. Which would mean he would have died up there.

He says he's concerned that Wrathion thinks human life is expendable. I'm not sure why he specified human.

And lastly, he was apparently healed by pandaren mistweavers. So not only does Velen not show up in game, he doesn't show up in lore either.
Edited by Lena on 2/6/2013 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
02/06/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Lena
He says he's concerned that Wrathion thinks human life is expendable. I'm not sure why he specified human.

Because humans are the master race and stand above the rest. Their lives are invaluable while the other races are the expendable ones.

02/06/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Lena
First of all he says he challenged Garrosh alone and doesn't recognize my character as having helped him. Which would mean he would have died up there.

This mean the Horde version is canon?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I talked to Anduin on the PTR and a few things seemed strange to me.

And lastly, he was apparently healed by pandaren mist weavers. So not only does Velen not show up in game, he doesn't show up in lore either.

That could be Horde dialogue. Dialogue on PTR is weird. Tweet it to Kosak first.

Could be more PTR dialogue. Tweet Kosak. Remember Anduin being prince of the alliance?

Yeah that's completely stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Because humans are the master race and stand above the rest. Their lives are invaluable while the other races are the expendable ones.

It just seems inconsistent for Anduin with all his whining about killing horde.

This mean the Horde version is canon?

I guess, but that doesn't really make sense. Anduin would be dead without the alliance hero, the horde hero doesn't save him.

That could be Horde dialogue. Dialogue on PTR is weird. Tweet it to Kosak first.

Could be more PTR dialogue. Tweet Kosak. Remember Anduin being prince of the alliance?

Yeah that's completely stupid.

I hope so. Anyone want to tweet for me? I don't have a twitter.
Edited by Lena on 2/6/2013 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

I know you're trying to do a self pity and or being a cynical "Woe is me" but it would be nice if you would stop these posts. As for the OP, I dunno we're not always acknowledged in lore so I'd roll with it. Lorewise Aeluron here wasn't there to see Anduin *broken*. He just knows about it hearsay.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

I know you're trying to do a self pity and or being a cynical "Woe is me" but it would be nice if you would stop these posts. As for the OP, I dunno we're not always acknowledged in lore so I'd roll with it. Lorewise Aeluron here wasn't there to see Anduin *broken*. He just knows about it hearsay.

Even if he doesn't acknowledge my character directly he should at least mention that a hero saved his butt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage

Even if he doesn't acknowledge my character directly he should at least mention that a hero saved his butt.

Here is what I think happened. Horde side happened with Ishi. Alliance shows up and finds Anduin squished. Saves him while he is barely conscious.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Doesn't he also talk to Horde players after Garrosh nearly kills him?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Gollard

Not that I remember.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

I would agree to that but I have no idea why Anduin is talking to Wrathion in the first place. I mean unless Wrathion asked for Anduin, why would they even bother?

Anduin is like a beacon of Morality and the Light. Wrathion...is shadowy. They have little in common.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Gollard

I just did the quest last night on this character. Garrosh gloats over the lifeless body of Anduin at the end of the lore bit of the quest. I was shocked by this turn of events. I haven't done the Alliance version of the quests yet, so I don't know how it ends from that point of view.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

I would agree to that but I have no idea why Anduin is talking to Wrathion in the first place. I mean unless Wrathion asked for Anduin, why would they even bother?

Anduin is like a beacon of Morality and the Light. Wrathion...is shadowy. They have little in common.

"How can you trust a black dragon?"

"You know of our history with the black dragonflight, do you? I won't soon forget what Lady Prestor- Onyxia- did to my family. Maybe that's why I sought Wrathion out.

<Anduin peers across the table at his unusual companion.>

But... he's not like the other black dragons, is he? He's completely honeset and yet always hiding something. Not at all what I expected."
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/06/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Karrne

I just did the quest last night on this character. Garrosh gloats over the lifeless body of Anduin at the end of the lore bit of the quest. I was shocked by this turn of events. I haven't done the Alliance version of the quests yet, so I don't know how it ends from that point of view.

I was talking about a few things i heard in 5.2. It sounded like he was talking to Horde players or something and i think thats odd after the who Garrosh event that he would continue to talk to him.. but i never had much hope for Anduin anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The other texts are:

"Wrathion claims to be the last living black dragon. Do you think that's true?

He's got the most curious outlook on the world. I can't decide if he thinks human life is precious or expendable! I do enjoy talking with him, however."

And:
"What happened to your leg, are you wounded?"
"Oh, this? <Anduin indicates his crutch.>

Garrosh Hellscream tried to use an ancient mogu artifact to summon and control sha energy. I found a way to stop him, but probabaly shouldn't have confronted him on my own. He thought I was dead when he left me buried under the wreckage of his failed plan. I swear he shattered every bone in my body.

The pandaren mistweavers got me back on my feet again, but it may be some time before I can walk without assistance."

I underlined the parts I'm talking about in the OP.
Edited by Lena on 2/6/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
No clue. I twitted Kosak though. Hopefully he'll get a response.(I'm Aeluron1989 if you're looking for the specific tweet).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/06/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Lena

I just did. Though I reccomend more people tweeting. He doesn't always answers mine.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/06/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Gethrian

I just did. Though I reccomend more people tweeting. He doesn't always answers mine.

02/06/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Valius
No clue. I twitted Kosak though. Hopefully he'll get a response.(I'm Aeluron1989 if you're looking for the specific tweet).

Thanks guys. It's a shame that twitter is the only way to reach them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
"How can you trust a black dragon?"

"You know of our history with the black dragonflight, do you? I won't soon forget what Lady Prestor- Onyxia- did to my family. Maybe that's why I sought Wrathion out.

Yet he forgets what the Horde has done to his family and his kingdom. Charming.

<Anduin peers across the table at his unusual companion.>

But... he's not like the other black dragons, is he? He's completely honeset and yet always hiding something. Not at all what I expected."

How do you know he's being honest?

The other texts are:

"Wrathion claims to be the last living black dragon. Do you think that's true?

He's got the most curious outlook on the world. I can't decide if he thinks human life is precious or expendable! I do enjoy talking with him, however."

People is nice and neutral word.

And:
"What happened to your leg, are you wounded?"
"Oh, this? <Anduin indicates his crutch.>

Garrosh Hellscream tried to use an ancient mogu artifact to summon and control sha energy. I found a way to stop him, but probabaly shouldn't have confronted him on my own. He thought I was dead when he left me buried under the wreckage of his failed plan. I swear he shattered every bone in my body.

He could instead say "probably shouldn't have confront him myself." Really, he's a barely even a man and not at all conditioned for a physical confrontation with the Warchief of the Horde. Acknowledging his own limits and expressing that maybe depending on someone else would have been a better course of action wouldn't be the least bit detrimental to him or undermine the importance of the mission he carried out.

The pandaren mistweavers got me back on my feet again, but it may be some time before I can walk without assistance."

"By the Light's blessing" would be vague enough that literally anything could have helped him to recover.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
He's got the most curious outlook on the world. I can't decide if he thinks human life is precious or expendable! I do enjoy talking with him, however.

Ech. I doubt that's meant to denote anything about race.

It's probably just the first word that came to his mind instead of "people", "persons", "sapient humanoids" or "mortals".
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/06/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Kellick
He's got the most curious outlook on the world. I can't decide if he thinks human life is precious or expendable! I do enjoy talking with him, however.

Ech. I doubt that's meant to denote anything about race.

It's probably just the first word that came to his mind instead of "people", "persons", "sapient humanoids" or "mortals".

He could say life or our lives or something like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]