Energy Starved

90 Gnome Rogue
Herro. I just got into MoP content and noticed that I never seem to have enough energy to keep me from having 2-3 second pauses between special attacks. I even thought my keyboard was screwing up because it has gotten so bad within the past few days.

Is this typical of a combat rogue just entering MoP territory or am I missing something? Will there be a time when my energy regeneration will pick back up?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah I noticed this as well when I first entered, until you get more haste it is quite slow. Haste increases energy regeneration so try to stack it whenever possible, it will get better soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Haste increases energy regen, not your energy cap.

To the OP: try glyphing deadly momentum, very useful for levelling or dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
on my hunter, focus is never an issue. i have abilities that will regen my focus and a talent that allows me to machine gun arcane shot. rogue gets nothing to assist in regen other than haste rating and nothing that will allow us to spam our biggest damage abilities with no cost...

rogues are not in a good place right now, and everyone saying 5.2 is going to be the salvation of the class is flat out dead !@# wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
MDU
Rogues get Slice and Dice which increases attack speed and granting energy regeneration every 2 seconds.

Also, on top of that if you're playing Assassination Rupture and Garrote have a chance to give you energy every time they deal damage.

Each spec has its own specific energy regen mechanic. SnD gives energy while specced Sub, Combat gets energy procs from main gauche, and Mut gets energy from rupture/garrote. These are spec specific.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Basically this is a very familiar roller coaster ride that I like to the Rogue-a-coaster.

When you start an expansion you are Energy starved. Since our regen is tied to stats and, therefore gear, we suffer at the beginning of an expansion until we get gear.

X.1 usually starts to see fixes. Usually I have enough Energy but if I get a run of bad luck on procs as either Combat or Mut (never played Sub so I can't speak to that) then I am still Energy starved.

X.2-X.3 usally is our butter zone. We have enough stats and gear to play our class but not so much that we are GCD-capped and frantically pressing buttons, shedding useless moves and chaining CDs in order to dump Energy as fast as possible.

X.4 (Final content patch of X) sees us, especially Combat, getting Carpal Tunnel trying to use Energy as fast as we possibly can because we have too much. Cata, with Legendaries and DS gear, was the worst I've seen.

What we need from Blizz is to have our Energy regen taken off gear and made more controllable.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Venomous Wounds gives energy for assassination not Slice and Dice.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
02/07/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Innamorta
rogue gets nothing to assist in regen other than haste rating

Are you stupid? you sound stupid.

Rogues get Slice and Dice which increases attack speed and granting energy regeneration every 2 seconds.

Also, on top of that if you're playing Assassination Rupture and Garrote have a chance to give you energy every time they deal damage. The effect from garrote will not count if rupture is applied to the target though because rupture is more efficient.

--

AND, if you're going to say you play subtlety and you want to complain about that; I can't offer you any help. Subtlety is still great, still has high burst damage, still has great control.

Learn your class better before you say that rogues are bad.
They just aren't t2 weapon + Heroic Vial + Legendary Daggers OP anymore.
Rogues are at the point in which all other classes should be brought to.

i was talking on demand energy regen, not a passive effect from another effect.

i forgot more about this class than you will ever know in the first place... see this toon? recent resub, but this toon was made the day the game launched. you'd be hard pressed to find another player that knows more about this class than me. that is a fact.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Innamorta

You do know that only subtlety get the energy bonus from SnD right?
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
02/08/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Kishipsho

You do know that only subtlety get the energy bonus from SnD right?

Combat also increases energy regen by having SnD up, due to MG and Potency procs increasing with atk speed. It's not on a 2 second interval but it runs along the same lines.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]