Ravenholdt and Population Issues

80 Tauren Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342740

I, for one, am growing a little tired of the population issues on our server. I posted the above thread trying to draw some players here, based on the advantages of being free of the scourge of CRZ.

We're hurting on the Alliance side economy-wise. We're hurting activity-wise across the entire server.

I fully admit to being one of the main gripers about PvP, but I am going to try a different attitude from now on. While I'm not hot on PvP (and frankly, I suck at it) I will abide with it if we can balance it out. Having a good population of people makes it far easier to tolerate.

In short, we need more people here. Horde, Alliance, it's all good. But Alliance mostly.

It's time to fix this shiat.

EDIT: misspelled my own dang server name. Fix't now.
Edited by Durh on 2/7/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
Awesome.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
In order for this to work, we need to keep that forum thread elevated with constructive, helpful commentary.

If people can occasionally post positive things about the server, that would be helpful. Not all at once, but every hour or so, if possible. That will keep the thread nicely bumped and hopefully on the front page.

I have tried minimize the negatives that I see, without burying them entirely. If anyone else wishes to mention those, I ask that you avoid flaming, is all.

As I stated in the thread, I'd rather people come with eyes wide open.

But marketing never hurts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just a warning, though a large pop server can be fun, enjoyable with lots of activities and very profitable, there is a number of drawbacks to be aware of.

Log In Ques. I can recently recall a log in que on DS where I was number 3500+, that is not fun. Added to that, the juvenile trade chat commentary and the PVP hero's who feel that all lifes exploits evolve around ratings and basically forget that this is a game. Following that statement, there will be an influx of those that will not respect others in their attempts at RP'ing with in the game. Now though I dont RP in some regards, I do respects others rights in their style of play and will not interfer or disrupt.

Just food for thought.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I think login queues are quite a ways in our future.

As for the other problems, I have no issues with reporting people who are being jackwagons.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think login queues are quite a ways in our future.

As for the other problems, I have no issues with reporting people who are being jackwagons.

True, but sometime the "jackwagons" simply over whelm the ability of Blizz to deal with and they just look the otherway. Much like the botting problem that has infested WoW like termites in a rotten tree.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Before we go much further, I apologize if anyone thinks I am intending to speak for the server - that is not my intent (that was mentioned to me earlier today).

I do think we have a problem and I decided to make a post about it to try and fix the problem. That's it. I do value our community (way more than you think) - I just want more people on our server to liven up the world in general. Orgrimmar is pretty full of people and it would be nice to have similar in Stormwind again.

All of that activity will spill out into the world if we give it a chance.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
Thumbs up the post too, someone has reported it.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Someone reported the thread in General?!?!?!?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/07/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Durh

Hours ago. But people report everything over there.
Reply Quote
Before we go much further, I apologize if anyone thinks I am intending to speak for the server - that is not my intent (that was mentioned to me earlier today).

I do think we have a problem and I decided to make a post about it to try and fix the problem. That's it. I do value our community (way more than you think) - I just want more people on our server to liven up the world in general. Orgrimmar is pretty full of people and it would be nice to have similar in Stormwind again.

All of that activity will spill out into the world if we give it a chance.

I don't think that anyone thought you were trying to speak for the server, Durh - or at least, that's not what I thought at all.

So often, people are content to sit back and complain about things or deride others without taking the initiative to change anything for the better. I commend you for taking action to bring about the change you want to see on the server! I think Ravenholdt could benefit from some more people, especially people who are looking for the type of server and community we can offer. =)
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
It was mentioned on a different medium than these forums. I just wanted to get ahead of that one as much as possible. :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/07/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Sheryl

Hours ago. But people report everything over there.

If you don't get reported in General, you haven't made a point. If you have made a point, you've made some lurking neckbeard spill his cheetos in shaking nerd rage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Durh I agree with your points, I don't think you have sounded like you are speaking for the server.

We do need more people, and fresh people. To do that we need to not only be attractive, but actually be a good place when they get here.

Knocking our realm, trashing whatever about it, hurts us. Few do it, and those who do do it deliberately. We have to drown them out. It can be done. Their numbers are few.

The most important thing though is to build, burnish and advertise the great things about our realm, which is our community.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Um, so I'm sort of not helping the whole Ally population issue, what with being in a SWTOR phase at the moment.

But for thread bumping purposes, I'll mention that if I pop in for a few minutes to work on tradeskill I tend to loose the whole night for SWTOR leveling purposes. It's hard to log out of a community that's made out of concentrated awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good job with this thread Durh.

Several players will be coming to check Ravenholdt out based on that thread alone!
Edited by Candela on 2/8/2013 6:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Thank you.

I talked to one person last night who might be bringing in several people from Moon Guard. I remain hopeful that we can restore some of what made this server awesome.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
The thread is still on the first page!
Edited by Zg on 2/8/2013 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
I really feel like this thread was a great idea, Durh! I'm excited at the number of people who are going to give Ravenholdt a chance because of this. =)
Reply Quote
48 Gnome Mage
I rolled a Panda Priest alliance side. Got to Stormwind and the city wasnt empty at 4:30am. I may bring this mage over come monday.

Would love to get away from CRZ and who knows I never gave RP a try, it might be fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]