Positioning Xin without aggroing your healer

90 Draenei Paladin
Shortly after I started doing this fight, my healers all told me to pull Xin the Weaponmaster to the door and tank him there. For several runs, all was good.
Now, every other run I get healers yelling that its the door of death. The other half of course rage if I don't pull him there.

What is going on?? I understand that there is less stuff near the door, so why is this bad? And if its bad WHY AM I STANDING THERE?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you balls up positioning in the door, it can make for LoS hell. Then you have a healer running around in a room of deathtraps. The ones who don't want you in the door probably had an experience like that.

If you position properly, you have a lot fewer traps to deal with, and it's much easier. The ones who want you in the doorway know this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You stand where ever there is nothing swirling around killing you. Any other complaints are moot.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I had someone tell me to tank it there, and i kept getting knocked in the air by shockwave, and it annoyed the crap outta me, so i stopped

I just run around like a dork.

I tanked Illidari Council, tanking Xin is a cake walk
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
I tank him in one of the blade trap cones
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Xin isn't strong enough to fret so much over. Hell, he's not even very dangerous in challenge, much less heroic. Most runs, I could probably kite him from the throne to the door and back a few times in heroic and he'll still flop over dead long before the group has a chance to wipe. Unless someone contracts the mega derps and just sits in the blades for >10 seconds the damage just ain't that bad.

That said I tank him in one of the blade trap cones.

These heroics actually make me miss pre-nerf Venoxis from the 5 man version of ZG. Or Jin'do the Pugbreaker. Or Jan'alai. Or Corla. Or Ozruk! Oh, Ozruk...
Edited by Leucen on 2/1/2013 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I had someone tell me to tank it there, and i kept getting knocked in the air by shockwave, and it annoyed the crap outta me, so i stopped

I just run around like a dork.

I tanked Illidari Council, tanking Xin is a cake walk

Pull Xin to the doorway and have him face the door, when he cast shockwave, run towards him and through him. He will not turn around once he has started casting shockwave. Once the shockwave has landed, run towards his backside through him again so that you're now in front of him. Rinse and repeat.

The only thing to watch out for though, is not to pull him too "deep" into door way or he might reset the fight.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
You could try telling the entire party (including the healer) to wait for you in the doorway and not to dps or heal until he is in position. You should easily be able to agro him and survive the run to the door, especially if you pull with a ranged attack. Assuming they follow instructions (a big assumption, I know) everything will be smooth sailing.

Alternately, try asking: "Would you prefer the normal way or the doorway?" A little flexibility and some communication never hurt a group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I always tank that noob by the door. Why make things harder than necessary?
Never had any LoS issues or complaints.

Positioning is everything.
Also, his Might might be Endless. His Health, however, is Not :)

The Shockwave is something I completely ignore. Hardly does any damage anyway. And it certainly doesn't stop me from punching his face.

The run to the door is also no problem. You just roll. :p
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Good lord, with your Ilvl you should be able to solo him.

Tank him at the foot of his stage.
or like Demo said, between the dagger cones
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Kite him to Vael's room.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/01/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Leucen
These heroics actually make me miss pre-nerf Venoxis from the 5 man version of ZG. Or Jin'do the Pugbreaker. Or Jan'alai. Or Corla. Or Ozruk! Oh, Ozruk...
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
I still don't get what was hard about Jindo.

I never remember him breaking more groups than a bunch of other bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I always get healers that run halfway across the room to die in an arrow trap and call me a bad tank.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I always tank him directly next to the pillars, closest to the stage.
Nothing hits you and it saves time from running all the way to the door.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/02/2013 03:03 AMPosted by Asane
I always get healers that run halfway across the room to die in an arrow trap and call me a bad tank.

I've seen you tank.. you don't even need a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Thanks for the feedback! I'll probably just keep tanking him by the door and watch LoS. I was mostly worried I was missing a mechanic or that there was a trap I couldn't see.
If the healer likes it that's just gravy. :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I never really understood the point of pulling him into the door. the fight's not *that* hard to not be hit by stuff.
I've never done challenge modes though so it is possible that may make a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just do him normally. It's not a hard fight. Pull him down off his platform and to the right, facing the column. Run through him when he does his Shockwave and then back when it's over. If you start getting a bunch of stuff in that corner, take him to the other side and face the other column. DPS should move. If they don't and they eat a shockwave, it won't kill them.

Cheesing mechanics just feels cheap. It's already an easy fight - taking him into the doorway (which causes ALL kinds of LoS problems for healers) is like tying a 5-year old's hands behind his back before you beat him up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I usually tank him close to his platform, between a cone of arrows (the wide end, of course) and just position him as needed. If you need to run through the arrows to get him in a better spot for the DPS, it won't kill you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]