What's missing in Archaeology?

100 Night Elf Hunter
Hi, I have leveled the Archaeology profession up all the way to 600, which in it's own way is fun, and helps a lot when I am trying to get more gold (Have the Fossil Mount and pet, and on the way to the Pterodactyl hatching).

But I am confused about something, when you open the Archaeology tab up, and check out the sorts of races you can dig up, with the icons from all the races, there's a faded out icon that I cannot figure what it is or where it is. It's right before the Pandaren one, and after the Vrykul race. What is that one? I checked some sites but there's no mention of it.

I know I got Panderen, Mogu, Vrykul, Dreanei, Night Elf, Orc, Troll, Fossil and any others I just missed, but I don't know what the faded race icon is? Kinda looks like a Panda in a way, in a straw hat but that's just what it looks like, does anyone know what I am talking about? How can I get the race uncovered and dig for it's artifacts?
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Death Knight
dwarf, thats the one you missed
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/02/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Sornarty
dwarf, thats the one you missed

hm.. there's 12 boxes and only 11 races. I have dwarves and I have that faded icon as well. The ones I have are:

Dwarf, Draenei, Fossil, Night Elf, Nerubian, Orc, Tol'vir, Troll, Vrykul, Pandaren, and Mogu.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
No, I have Dwarf, that's not the faded out one, I have all the others that Fatdog just mentioned, but there's a faded icon between Vrykul and Pandaren that I do not get what it is? How do I unlock it?

Edit: Had another look around, it seems this answers the question: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/817722-Question-about-Archaeology

Mhm, seems pointless to put it there, and it's kinda annoying just sitting there to be honest, guess we will have to see what happens.
Edited by Elylvannia on 2/2/2013 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Probably mantid, which is apparently coming in 5.2.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Oh, I could see it being a mantid, I hope so because the faded out one is a bit annoying.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
The faded out one has been there since Archaeology was introduced. I think the icon was a place holder for a race that ended up not being added. But the place holder stayed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]