Getting charmed / pushed off of cliffs.

90 Troll Mage
I was just in eye of the storm. And this one shadow priest kept mind controlling me and running me off the cliff. That happened about 5 times. And I saw her doing it to more than one person. There would be several ally vs several horde, and one by one she would charm, run them off the cliff, rinse and repeat..wiping out an entire group of people. I wouldn't even have to be near the cliff, I could be at a base, and she'd get as close to the edge as she could to still be able to charm me, and she'd run me the full 30 yards from me to her, and then another 30 yards from her to the edge.

Arathi basin, every time I'm at lumber mill I'm either mind controlled off of the cliff, or pushed off of the cliff by a druid.

this is absolutely ridiculous. and I know dam well she was sitting there laughing getting a kick out of, when there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I COULD DO.
All she had to do is press ONE, just one, a single button, wait a second or two for the cast, and she has has managed to kill an otherwise difficult to kill healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/02/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Dashari
I was just in eye of the storm. And this one shadow priest kept mind controlling me and running me off the cliff.

I kept putting my hand on that hot stove no matter how many times I got burned.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/02/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Dashari
this is absolutely ridiculous. and I know dam well she was sitting there laughing getting a kick out of, when there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I COULD DO.

CS, Iceblock, or DF don't stop a 2.5 sec cast? Can't Slowfall from LM?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The priest mind control a long cast time and the priest is defenseless while controlling their target. If you can't be bothered to interupt it, you need a teammate to do it or at least put some pressure on the priest.

The druid typhoon is instant on a fairly short cooldown, but it only works if you're standing fairly close to the edge. The shaman thundershock is what you have to watch out for. It punts you a pretty good distance.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
There would be several ally vs several horde, and one by one she would charm, run them off the cliff, rinse and repeat..wiping out an entire group of people.

And in all that time, not one of that "entire group" thought to attack the priest? I'd probably be laughing too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
To the OP this is a classic Learn 2 Play issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I was just in eye of the storm. And this one shadow priest kept mind controlling me and running me off the cliff. That happened about 5 times. And I saw her doing it to more than one person. There would be several ally vs several horde, and one by one she would charm, run them off the cliff, rinse and repeat..wiping out an entire group of people. I wouldn't even have to be near the cliff, I could be at a base, and she'd get as close to the edge as she could to still be able to charm me, and she'd run me the full 30 yards from me to her, and then another 30 yards from her to the edge.

Arathi basin, every time I'm at lumber mill I'm either mind controlled off of the cliff, or pushed off of the cliff by a druid.

All she had to do is press ONE, just one, a single button, wait a second or two for the cast, and she has has managed to kill an otherwise difficult to kill healer.

Nothing you could do? Absolutely nothing? You couldn't counterspell them? Trinket the mind control? Stun them with deep freeze? Ice block?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I play with it when I can and it is not guaranteed to work. There could be a small rock or hill that stops the thunderstorm thing. It is hard to position your-self correctly for a push to land you in the pit.

For the charm I do not see it as a big deal. I think it only happened to me like 2-3 times with all the bgs I played so that should show others are right by saying it is easy to stop.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
I was just in eye of the storm. And this one shadow priest kept mind controlling me and running me off the cliff.

I prefer to see the steamroller creeping at me but make no effort to get out of the way then blame the DoT.

Or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6IpdhpqS00
Edited by Warglaive on 2/2/2013 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
02/02/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Warglaive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlUgilKqms

02/02/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Shâd

this thread is fantastic
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]