5.2 Elemental Shaman:**URGENT UPDATE NEEDED**

90 Orc Shaman
-
1.) Unleashed Lightning baseline / remove glyph***
2.) Ghost wolf baseline / remove glyph (OPTIONAL)*

I see these suggestion way too much to not make them happen. It's not like it's a game braking buff.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Perhaps Blizzard are resisting making the above glyphs baseline because Ele Shaman lack any meaningful glyphs to replace them with. Blizzard would have to design 2 brand new glyphs from scratch. A fairly big ask I suppose.

But by jingos it really really needs to happen.

By the way, EVERYONE SHOULD *LIKE* THE FIRST TWO POSTS. I even cheekily requested a sticky.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
In 5.2 the glyph options are:

Capacitor 3s ***
Sham Rage Dispell ***
Flame Shock Heal **
Purge 2X **
Grounding Totem Reflect *
Totems 5% HP *
Hex 10s lower cd *

Assuming Ghost wolf + Unleashed Lightning is gone.... these would be our main PVP choices.

I'd love to try some of these glyphs (apart from capacitor which is mandatory to me).

Please keep trying to at LEAST remove Unleashed Lightning glyph!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I've played an elemental shaman for three expansions now, and watched their particulars change and shift as the game explores the different dynamics.

I'm not particularly happy with the idea that earthquake our one main area of effect aoe can no longer be spammed. Insta Cast is nice, but a long CD seems to make the spell redundant at best. I know it seems like a small complaint. While yes, it costs 16k in Mana to cast, casting repeated Chain lightning creates a mana burn. With a Shaman who's capped in haste this happens pretty quickly, and I've seen it from personal experience. In PvP that's death, in PVE, that's lowered damage output. Again yes, not on a single target boss, but it makes for our versatility a bit less so.

3.b) Lightning Shield concept of 1.5-2.0% Damage Reduction per charge. (10-14% max)**
- Shamans NEED an option to boost defense. I think that choice should be a double edged sword: LOOSE your DMG boost from Flametongue and GAIN the DR from Rockbiter.
- Additional and quite interesting concept proposed by many players is a passive DR from each Lightning Shield charge. THis is excellent for many reasons as it requires shield management and thought.

I agree we need a boost in defense with lightning shield. While I'm more a pver the idea I'd loose damage is bothersome. Flametongue is a huge proc for us in elemental. I agree, I'm a shield spammer. When I heal I have it bound to one of my main spells. That way it's always on refresh. Usually a shock as a heal or was that way when Flameshock reduced the cost of Healing Rain in Cata. In Elemental I do it manually because I prefer to watch the stacks as it charges.

While I'm not quite as detailed or knowledgeable about Elemental Shamans as that my main is a priest now, I can see how it's taking versatility out of the class by some of these changes. We're shifting backwards instead of forwards. The class seems to have an issue with being given multiple ways to play it. It's like it's been cookie cuttered into the same playability for a while and deserves some freshening up. I know I would play mine and others would if Blizz offered us that.

Shaman was the first toon I leveled, and still has a soft spot for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Quality of Life changes aside, an Ele Shaman's biggest problem right now is how astonishingly quickly it dies in a silence/stun. Melee are very beastmode right now and a caster must have an answer for stuns silences or it just dies. On the 5.2 PTR in particular rogues are a pretty big problem for elemental. I've taken to wearing the tyrannical resto gear just for the silence immunity.

What I would like to see, what I think would fix alot of these problems, is a return to the old glory days of Astral Shift. Give us back passive damage reduction when stunned/silenced. Blizzard has already reintroduced this idea with the monk class, but we don't need anything as drastic as that.

Astral Shift (passive)
The shaman shifts in the astral plane when stunned or silenced, reducing damage taken by X% for Y seconds. This effect can only occur once every Z seconds.

With Sham Rage being shared with elemental, is it really necessary to keep Astral Shift in it's current form?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Smithcriminal, although I understand your frustration with the current state of Elemental, I will disagree about their damage -

If allowed to cast or with extreme maneuvering (quite difficult), Elemental damage is very reasonable and quite high if timed correctly. Unfortunately classes such as Mages, Ferals/Rogues, and Warlocks/S Priests can lock us down tremendously (Elemental has insane weakness to Silence after totem nerf).

In fact, the totem nerf is so incredibly heavy that SR really is Not enough.
The totem nerf utterly devastated a class that was already down on one knee...
Edited by Shouzo on 2/7/2013 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Unless something changed the only thing SR is helping with is magical dispels (Assuming the glyph is used) when you are stunned but you aren't silenced, as it is actually in the earth school.

So silences still work on it, have for the longest time now.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
One of the biggest flaws of a shaman is silence. We are THE ONLY class in game when silenced can not do nothing. It almost another stun. Go up against a mage is LOL. He just silence,Stun,Freeze or Daze,Silence Dead. Or against a Warrior Syun,Fear interrupt, Stun(charge) dead. I could go on but you get my point.

Shamans need a instant spell that we can spam when getting trained or focused on melee. I would even take it so Echo or Overload cant effect it.

To be honest Totems are a Nice theme but World of Warcraft has sorta out grown theme classes and grown into more of Instant spam, CD Burst.

Capacitor - should be instant or get rid of it and give us a spell. No class has to put up with so much setup for a stun than shamans.

Grounding Totem - Should be like a Hunters Deterrence and Mirrored Blades. When we set it down for 5-6 secs All spells are reflected back would give us a MUCH needed survival Boost.

Hex - should have the same Dmg break as a fear. It break WAY too quickly and has a WAY bigger CD than a fear does.

Ghost wolf - Breaks slows and movement effects. Not saying it be like druids and break Roots just slows would be nice.

Thunderstorm _ Please Please Please Make it where it shoots them Up and away not straight out cant tell you how many times I have died from a Pebble or a slight slant in a hill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shaman are OP stop qqing
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
02/11/2013 03:36 AMPosted by Judaäs
Shaman are OP stop qqing

your a pally and a player who has not been around long enough to even know what true op is.
so please hush and let the big boys talk mmmm k
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
ABOUT ME: I am an old time WoW veteran and Elemental Shaman expert. I've spent most of my long career in WoW learning, understanding, and playing the Elemental Class. I've ran realm first Heroic Raids as Elemental, I've competed on 2400+ arena rating, and I've spent hundreds of hours dueling (with a 8:1 win/loss ratio). Expecting to retire soon, I wish to help bring about the MUCH NEEDED changes to this wonderful class and encourage MORE players to develop the Elemental Shaman.

You have no Heroic Cata end boss kills, and all your Wrath stuff was in 2010, and you have no Realm First feats of strength so when did you get realm firsts? On a different account? Also, you have no 2400+ achieve, or the Gladiator one, so another was it a different account and/or character?

Need some proof man to back up a couple of those claims.
Edited by Startropic on 2/11/2013 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Gaijinbo
Shaman are OP stop qqing

your a pally and a player who has not been around long enough to even know what true op is.
so please hush and let the big boys talk mmmm k
or I'm trolling lol shaman really need some love...50k lava bursts is nothing and it's easily interuptable. They're...they die too fast too xD so I'm all for some buffs :3
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/11/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Startropic
ABOUT ME: I am an old time WoW veteran and Elemental Shaman expert. I've spent most of my long career in WoW learning, understanding, and playing the Elemental Class. I've ran realm first Heroic Raids as Elemental, I've competed on 2400+ arena rating, and I've spent hundreds of hours dueling (with a 8:1 win/loss ratio). Expecting to retire soon, I wish to help bring about the MUCH NEEDED changes to this wonderful class and encourage MORE players to develop the Elemental Shaman.

You have no Heroic Cata end boss kills, and all your Wrath stuff was in 2010, and you have no Realm First feats of strength so when did you get realm firsts? On a different account? Also, you have no 2400+ achieve, or the Gladiator one, so another was it a different account and/or character?

Need some proof man to back up a couple of those claims.

Is it really that unusual by now for players to have multiple accounts? ... Google multiboxing.

However Heroic Cata / start of Firelands is where I quit PvE for good because it just got too repetitive.
Believe it or not, I've had the 2200 achievement right about ever season except for few where I did not play.

But, to be fair you did get me (or motivated me) to admit that Majority of the 2200/2400 achievs were as Resto. . .but that only goes to show how unviable Elemental has been some seasons such as @ early Cata or early Wrath.
COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC:
P.S. - I challenge any Elemental to duel me on my battlegroup 'Retaliation' (Server: Shattered Halls). I will with DELIGHT reward an Elemental who can best me in several duels 20,000 gold, and 5,000 gold if you impress me. FYI those amounts are not even considered pocket change for me so my offer stands strong! (maybe you can trade the gold with someone to your server if you win.)
Edited by Shouzo on 2/11/2013 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
As I suspected, the only significant change for PvP outside of getting SR will be a DPS boost.

We are separating out Ancestral Guidance into a damage conversion number and a healing conversion number in order to allow for better tuning and to ultimately make the talent more attractive to Resto. I am guessing at the numbers right now, but imagine it says something like: "When you deal direct damage, 40% is copied as healing. When you deal direct healing, 60% is copied as healing."

We are changing the way Lava Burst interacts with Flame Shock. Currently, Flame Shock is required for Lava Burst to crit. This is cool rotationally but creates problems where Flame Shock dispels or swapping targets is a massive nerf to Elemental, dropping their 2.5 multiplier on Lava Burst to a 1.0. We are going to nerf Lava Burst damage, cause it to always crit (like Chaos Bolt), and then cause it to do say 50% more damage to targets afflicted by Flame Shock. The net result should be that LB + FS is still the best DPS, but failing to do so will be a 1.5 to 1.0 drop instead of a 2.5 to 1.0 drop.

Elemental's PvE damage will still be lower than we want after this change, but we want to bring up the damage of Lightning Bolt and other sources of damage together; we need to buff more than just Lava Burst to preserve the rotation... and avoid a lot of Lava Burst PvP videos.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
The lava burst crit change should help, since flame shock being dispelled will be much less punishing for ele. Hopefully the auto-crit works like chaos bolt too, where your crit chance increases its damage directly.

And yes, they're promising more flat DPS buffs too, which are absolutely required to be competitive in PvE. Those buffs will almost certainly come to lightning bolt via Shamanism.
Edited by Slant on 2/12/2013 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
The lava burst crit change should help, since flame shock being dispelled will be much less punishing for ele. Hopefully the auto-crit works like chaos bolt too, where your crit chance increases its damage directly.

And yes, they're promising more flat DPS buffs too, which are absolutely required to be competitive in PvE. Those buffs will almost certainly come to lightning bolt via Shamanism.

That would be nice, but we're probably not gonna see it. They did say we're getting more dps buffs to help out with balance, and they're probably gonna go to Lightning Bolt.

I wish they'd reduce the cast time of Lightning Bolt a bit. The main reason I haven't been enjoying Elemental much is because the whole rotation just feels sluggish and slow. Though I guess that would probably devalue haste or something.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It will almost certainly be to Lightning Bolt via Shamanisn, but maybe, just maybe, they'll buff elemental via addressing the spec's problem with haste as detailed by Binkenstein.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=81

That would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Where is the "nerf"? Or were you choosing to ignore the part about increasing other damage to compensate for the reduction in LB?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]