5.2 Elemental Shaman:**URGENT UPDATE NEEDED**

90 Pandaren Shaman
02/12/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Barkloud
You read the Ele nerfs today?

Yeah... while I'm glad they made it so that LvB always crits, they tied way too much of its viability to FS still. Seriously... a 50% dmg increase with FS... and it's still dispellable?? That's awful.

They didn't really address the problem, they just made it as bad as it was before.
Edited by Delirious on 2/12/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Delirious
You read the Ele nerfs today?

Yeah... while I'm glad they made it so that LvB always crits, they tied way too much of its viability to FS still. Seriously... a 50% dmg increase with FS... and it's still dispellable?? That's awful.

They didn't really address the problem, they just made it as bad as it was before.

It's the same situation as before, but now the penalty for not hitting a target with Flame Shock is a lot lower. The difference between a crit Lava Burst and a non-crit is a lot bigger than 50%. Besides, they said that Elemental is gonna get a damage buff overall to compensate (probably to Lightning Bolt through Shamanism).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
02/12/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Barkloud
They said they are "Nerfing" Lava Burst.

Please read more closely. If you read the whole thing, their intent is clear. Lava Burst will hit much harder without Flame Shock up, and it will hit for exactly the same damage with Flame Shock active.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It also depends on how they make LvB scale with crit.
If they make it scale the same as Chaos bolt, then I'll be a lot happier because crit will actually become an attractive stat, but so far they've made no mention.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
GC promised that ele DPS would be buffed. And middle would be fine, can't complain about middle. Ele is dead last in both 10H and 25H right now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/03/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Flipmode
PvE, we've got a slow casting, weak filler spell that holds down our dmg and isn't enjoyable to use.

I think the big reason for this is Clearcasting procs -- one of the weird things about Lightning Bolt is that its damage variance is huge; if we have the right procs going it can hit 4 - 6 times harder than what the tooltip states.

I think if they took LB off of Clearcasting and buffed its damage to be more constant (some high's/low's is fine, but I can't think of a filler spell for the classes I've played that feels so random; sometimes it is really, really weak, other times it blows &$@*# up).

I think if they increased LB's baseline damage by 50% and took it off Clearcasting, it'd feel a bit better.

Also: please remove the cast-time penalty from Unleashed Lightning. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Unleashed lightening should be base-line regardless.
Elemental has WAY too much hard-casting to not get at least ONE mobile spell like most other casters.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
The LvB change at this moment is a buff for PvP, albeit a minor one overall. The biggest nerf for us is the blanket-silence removal being reversed. We are way too vulnerable when we're silenced.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Unleashed lightening should be base-line regardless.
Elemental has WAY too much hard-casting to not get at least ONE mobile spell like most other casters.

You mean like warlocks that don't suffer a DPS penalty for casting on the run? They get snared, but they can cast literally every spell on the run.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I play my shaman PVE and rock damage. However, it feels like old fire mages, depending on a crit, or in our case, a flame shock tick, to reset our LvB. Without it and my Clearcasting, I'm in the hole, sunk. Our frost DK over a whole fight will destroy any other damage. Shamans are entirely dependent on situational buffs and procs. There's problems, and not knowing how to fix them is Blizz's problems; right now, we cannot compete with other ranged.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
From the sound of it, this change should be a helpful buff for the situations when our flameshock is dispelled/removed.

- If I am correct, lets say Lava burst right now Crits for 50K...
- Without a crit or no flameshock, that same Lava burst would hit 20K....

NEW 5.2 change:
- Lava burst will now ALWAYS Crit and that Crit will be ~33K....
- However, if the target is afflicted with flameshock, Lavaburst will hit for 50K...

Overall, this clearly will help as if are say in Ascendance form and target's flameshock is dispelled while our flameshock is on CD, we can still toss in 1-3 Lavabursts at 50% more dmg before we can re-apply flameshock.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
I do hope they look at the 4 piece for next tier, now that the 2pc has been nerfed I really hope it doesn't go live how it is. Not only would it unsync Ascendance from Skull banner but very rarely will it ever give us an extra ascendance and if has to be determined if it will remain out of sync.
Edited by Sensations on 2/13/2013 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I still think it would've been much more productive to just make FS non-dispellable.

They wouldn't have had to do these absurd rebalancing gymnastics. What bothers me is they STILL haven't touched LB or Fulm.
The damage disparities on those two is crazy. Half the time they hit for next to nothing and then suddenly they'll hit like a truck, but with our proc-based damage for LvB it makes LB and Fulm feel the exact same way when they sporadically hit hard/light.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/12/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Astraphobia
I think the big reason for this is Clearcasting procs -- one of the weird things about Lightning Bolt is that its damage variance is huge; if we have the right procs going it can hit 4 - 6 times harder than what the tooltip states.

As a bit of a follow-up here, after an LFR last night, I checked on my LB damage.

Its range was from 24,668 all the way up to 112,247 (on a single, non-gimmick fight).

That is a massive difference; it'd be nice if that gap wasn't so large.
Edited by Astraphobia on 2/14/2013 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
My #1 concern at the moment is the fact that just like in 5.0 and 5.1, in 5.2 right now I have zero choice in glyphs.

1. Glyph of Unleashed lightning is mandatory for any good Elemental PVP shaman.
2. Glyph of Ghost wolf is mandatory in wide majority of arena matches and PVP situations.
3. Glyph of Capacitor Totem is mandatory at a higher level where players target and destroy it.

Now we have Shamanistic Rage glyph available which is awesome except it means giving up one of the glyphs above...

The PROBLEM with giving up one of the glyphs above is that you lose a massive degree of functionality when you do.
Giving up Unleashed lightning takes away most of LB's effectiveness in PVP.
Giving up Ghost wolf makes the spell LITERALLY useless vs any team/player that applies slows.
Giving up Capacitor totem makes an already unreliable spell be like trying to roll doubles with dice.
Edited by Shouzo on 2/14/2013 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
.... Can we please introduce a final fix which will put a seal on Elemental PVP Shamans status with this simple change:

Unleashed lightning is baseline;
Add a modified version of the old Glyph of Lightning Bolt: LB cannot be cast while moving but it does 5-10% more DMG (for PVE shamans).

Why this works: PVE Elemental SHamans gained ONE new glyph slot since FLameshock is now baseline. Flameshock was never used by PVP Elementals in the first place therefore this change doesn't help PVP Elemental glyph situation.
Reply Quote
.... Can we please introduce a final fix which will put a seal on Elemental PVP Shamans status with this simple change:

Unleashed lightning is baseline;
Add a modified version of the old Glyph of Lightning Bolt: LB cannot be cast while moving but it does 5-10% more DMG (for PVE shamans).

Why this works: PVE Elemental SHamans gained ONE new glyph slot since FLameshock is now baseline. Flameshock was never used by PVP Elementals in the first place therefore this change doesn't help PVP Elemental glyph situation.

Not a good idea. Unleashed Lightning should most definitely be baseline, but PvE Elemental needs the mobility from it just as much as PvP. Without GoUL, our dps is crippled because we have literally nothing to cast but Shocks (awful damage without Fulmination stacks) and Unleash Flame. Spiritwalker's Grace can be used in emergencies, but we usually have to move more often than that. Adding a glyph that would keep us stationary and affect our single target dps would be way too much of a tradeoff; either we're losing all of our mobility, or a decent amount of damage.
Edited by Flintte on 2/14/2013 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]