5.2 Unholy or Frost

90 Orc Death Knight
As far as PvE Goes, what we know so far is that a Crit will Proc the Tier (2) for Tier 15, and that the Zandalari Minion is in in fact affected by Unholy Mastery, like your natural Ghoul. So I can see a Mastery/Crit Build for Unholy easily overtaking the other specs.

It also comes down to play style, not everyone can play every spec perfectly. I'm happily Blood/Unholy, haven't played Frost since it was a tanking Spec, and can't seem to grasp it that well. Maybe its my nervous twitches, or maybe I just don't manage the cooldowns of that spec, but I currently pull more as Unholy.

So we'll see, but my vote is Unholy being top spec again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
As far as PvE Goes, what we know so far is that a Crit will Proc the Tier (2) for Tier 15, and that the Zandalari Minion is in in fact affected by Unholy Mastery, like your natural Ghoul. So I can see a Mastery/Crit Build for Unholy easily overtaking the other specs.

It also comes down to play style, not everyone can play every spec perfectly. I'm happily Blood/Unholy, haven't played Frost since it was a tanking Spec, and can't seem to grasp it that well. Maybe its my nervous twitches, or maybe I just don't manage the cooldowns of that spec, but I currently pull more as Unholy.

So you're saying that the Zandalari Minion deals shadow damage? I mean, I see a lot of death knights now adays that are confused to what Unholy's mastery is, and that being that it is shadow damage, not additional pet damage...I still think unholy will be haste/crit build.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It will be nice to see UH a viable arena spec again. I miss the arena days of LichKing.... Cata made it just way to complicated to be competitive.
Edited by Gaerin on 2/12/2013 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Unholy is back
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm staying frost. Almost nothing will be changed about it, I won't have to relearn a spec, and there's a lot less micro-management which I loathe. I don't want to relearn a spec just because it's FotM or OP or whatever, I want to be good at the class/spec I play, stick with it, and get better.

But to each their own.
Reply Quote
71 Human Rogue
02/05/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Zoîdberg
Thugcleave will be the next KFC

dude, unholy destroy rogue on Thugcleave in 5.2.
Edited by Remyx on 2/13/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

The Zandalari Spirit does not gain from unholy's Mastery. This was even stated by GC himself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
ill probably try it out. not sure if i'll switch. the main reason i wouldn't = UH seems vulnerable against people who dispel diseases.

yeah you can get that crappy glyph... but now your diseases only do ~ +12% of frost's disease damage baseline.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Unholy has alwayz been one of the specs I wanted to play competitively. Finally have a DK and lvling as unholy waz insanely fun. Prob one of my favorite specs now. Hopefully its good enough to be competitive and make a come back to arena come 5.2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]